Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 08:22   #241
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!
 
Bolster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: State of Stupidity
Posts: 1,149
Now...how did you have advanced knowledge of this? The "adventure" is the one with the 7 watt solar panel (not the 3.5).

For comparison Costco was recently selling this same kit for $109, with the Luna Light and 8 cells.

Currently Amazon's got it for $77 (minus the AAAs and the Luna Light, which total to $20) so it's a heckuva deal.

There's a timer saying only 2 hours remaining.

NOTE: Just noticed: This comes with the Guide 10, not the Guide 10 Plus power pack. GZ is trying to blow out its stock of the old Guide 10s, apparently. What this means essentially is that you can charge an older cell phone but probably not a new one like an iPhone, which needs more amperage.
__________________
From the "...land of the regulated, and the home of the entitled."
Obama is the symptom, not the cause.

Last edited by Bolster; 06-08-2012 at 08:28..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:39   #242
UneasyRider
C.D.B.
 
UneasyRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
Now...how did you have advanced knowledge of this? The "adventure" is the one with the 7 watt solar panel (not the 3.5).

For comparison Costco was recently selling this same kit for $109, with the Luna Light and 8 cells.

Currently Amazon's got it for $77 (minus the AAAs and the Luna Light, which total to $20) so it's a heckuva deal.

There's a timer saying only 2 hours remaining.

NOTE: Just noticed: This comes with the Guide 10, not the Guide 10 Plus power pack. GZ is trying to blow out its stock of the old Guide 10s, apparently. What this means essentially is that you can charge an older cell phone but probably not a new one like an iPhone, which needs more amperage.
You can charge an iPhone but not an iPad Bolster. I check them in the morning and they have a teaser for certain specials that are coming up. I was not going to be available when the price hit so I gave an advance heads up. This is a smoking price for that.
__________________
"Freedom ain't Free" Ted Nugent at the House of Blues in Orlando.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
UneasyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 18:36   #243
wrenrj1
Senior Member
 
wrenrj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Huskerville
Posts: 10,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
You need to call them, I buy from them frequently and they are a quick shipper and all around good company.
I've ordered alot from LApolicegear as well...

Still no pack as of today...

Wren
__________________
We are told by our government NOT to judge Muslims by the actions of a few crazies. We are also told by this same government TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few crazies.
wrenrj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 20:14   #244
quake
Senior Member
 
quake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 8,129
Fwiw, Buck 119 knives with the leather sheaths for $33.90 at Farm & Fleet; they're nearly twice that in a lot of places. They're (allegedly) in stock with very reasonable shipping as well - I ordered two of them for $72.75 total, including shipping.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...ial_knife.html

They're not my favorite knife by any means (I just don't like the grip material or shape either one), but the fact is they're objectively very good knives that would serve most people well for several lifetimes.

These two are intended for others as handouts and not for me personally, but it's a very good price on a very good knife regardless of my personal tastes & preferences. One caveat - I haven't seen the 119's come with leather sheaths in several years, so the "leather sheath" reference may just be an old description on their website. But at this price (and the role I intend these for), I won't be shocked or even too annoyed if they do come with the newer nylon sheaths instead of leather.

Even though I don't personally "like" them that much and don't need them either, I still bought two more of them; that's how good a deal I see this as. And I'm not sure how many 119's we already have, but it's more than several. They really are that good imo and this is a price I haven't seen them at in years; well worth a look for anyone in the market for a very capable sheath knife. Whether the intended role is primary, backup, spare, or handout, the 119 is awfully good.
__________________
"The best a man can hope for is a chance to prove that the good lord didn't make a mistake putting him here in the first place." - Will Sonnett

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 20:25   #245
Stevekozak
Returning video
 
Stevekozak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
Fwiw, Buck 119 knives with the leather sheaths for $33.90 at Farm & Fleet; they're nearly twice that in a lot of places. They're (allegedly) in stock with very reasonable shipping as well - I ordered two of them for $72.75 total, including shipping.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...ial_knife.html

They're not my favorite knife by any means (I just don't like the grip material or shape either one), but the fact is they're objectively very good knives that would serve most people well for several lifetimes.

These two are intended for others as handouts and not for me personally, but it's a very good price on a very good knife regardless of my personal tastes & preferences. One caveat - I haven't seen the 119's come with leather sheaths in several years, so the "leather sheath" reference may just be an old description on their website. But at this price (and the role I intend these for), I won't be shocked or even too annoyed if they do come with the newer nylon sheaths instead of leather.

Even though I don't personally "like" them that much and don't need them either, I still bought two more of them; that's how good a deal I see this as. And I'm not sure how many 119's we already have, but it's more than several. They really are that good imo and this is a price I haven't seen them at in years; well worth a look for anyone in the market for a very capable sheath knife. Whether the intended role is primary, backup, spare, or handout, the 119 is awfully good.
That is a decent price on those. I like my 119. I have never figured out what it does great, but it does so many things good enough, that I have one with me everytime I go camping. I like the size of it. Not too big for a sheath knife.
__________________
"You fight until you die. That's the whole deal in life. PERIOD." Regular Joe
Stevekozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 20:36   #246
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!
 
Bolster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: State of Stupidity
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
You can charge an iPhone but not an iPad Bolster.
Oh really...OK, standing corrected, thanks.
__________________
From the "...land of the regulated, and the home of the entitled."
Obama is the symptom, not the cause.
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:41   #247
quake
Senior Member
 
quake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 8,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevekozak View Post
...I like my 119. I have never figured out what it does great, but it does so many things good enough, that I have one with me everytime I go camping...
Good way to put it. If it was two hundred dollars, I'd say there were better options. If it were a hundred dollars, I'd say it might still be worth it; just "might", based on its very-good steel, its decades-long proven track record, and the fact that most semi-decent knives seem to approach a hundred dollars nowadays.

But at $36 delivered, it's a heck of a deal imo.
__________________
"The best a man can hope for is a chance to prove that the good lord didn't make a mistake putting him here in the first place." - Will Sonnett

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:49   #248
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member
 
Texas357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: CCTX
Posts: 10,042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babynine View Post
Cabelas has the Discontinued MSR Wisperlite International Stove on sale for only $60. This "International" version of the stove burns white gas, unleaded gasoline, or Kerosene. MSR upgraded the legs to stamped steel for 2012, so Im guessing Cabelas bought a bunch of lasts years stock. Other camping stores are still selling this 2011 version for the full $90.

I would not be worried about it being discontinued, as MSR is still selling parts to maintain stoves they sold decades ago. They are also good at sending replacement parts at no charge for my MiniWorks water filter. I do not own the stove, so I cant really comment about performace, but so many others seem to love the things.

The ability to burn unleaded gas, and kerosene are what I like it, and the stove is somewhat backpackable.

$60 seems like a steal to me...too bad Im broke for a few weeks.
I only find them for $100 on the website. My local Academy has a dozen, at $90.
__________________
"The more ignorant the individual, the more credulous he becomes, and the more prone to believe in the fearful and satanic nature of the many things that pass his comprehension." - Charles W. Olliver


"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:16   #249
Babynine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas357 View Post
I only find them for $100 on the website. My local Academy has a dozen, at $90.
That Cabelas sale was 6 weeks ago brother.....Erehwon had them on sale a week or two ago for about $65.
__________________
Glock 26 AKA The Baby-Nine
Babynine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 18:22   #250
wrenrj1
Senior Member
 
wrenrj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Huskerville
Posts: 10,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenrj1 View Post
I ordered this pack shortly after I saw this post. Still waiting on delivery. Anyone else?

ETA, i just received an email that said early May would be the delivery date.
Still waiting...

Wren
__________________
We are told by our government NOT to judge Muslims by the actions of a few crazies. We are also told by this same government TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few crazies.
wrenrj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 13:30   #251
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!
 
Bolster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: State of Stupidity
Posts: 1,149
Maybe everyone already knows about this?

HD is selling full size Husky-brand stainless steel "guaranteed forever" multitools for $3.50 each. Obviously not the quality of a Leatherman/SOG/Gerber what have you, but on the other hand, not bad for throwing in the car as a spare. They're labeled "while supplies last" (a father's day special?) and there were only 3 left at my store.

Sadly supplied with a Phillips #1 instead of the more useful #2.
__________________
From the "...land of the regulated, and the home of the entitled."
Obama is the symptom, not the cause.

Last edited by Bolster; 06-17-2012 at 13:32..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 13:52   #252
TactiCool
Senior Member
 
TactiCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southeast LA.
Posts: 558
I just saw on Ebay a Condor MOPC with level III stand alone 10X12" plates for around $250, which to me sounds like a great deal. I didn't click on the listing so I don't have a link though.
TactiCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 16:39   #253
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
Maybe everyone already knows about this?

HD is selling full size Husky-brand stainless steel "guaranteed forever" multitools for $3.50 each. Obviously not the quality of a Leatherman/SOG/Gerber what have you, but on the other hand, not bad for throwing in the car as a spare. They're labeled "while supplies last" (a father's day special?) and there were only 3 left at my store.

Sadly supplied with a Phillips #1 instead of the more useful #2.
Good heads up on the multi-tool. Always have mine with me.

However, when it comes to preps and "lifetime guarantees" I don't pay much attention to what a company says. There are plenty of POS tools/weapons/etc. out there with lifetime guarantees. If they fail during a SHTF, it might mean life/death. So I guess the same would hold true.... guaranteed for life....

There are very few items I have in my pile that I haven't tested thoroughly. If something doesn't work when things are going ok, I damn sure don't want it when it counts.

-Emt1581

Last edited by emt1581; 06-17-2012 at 16:40..
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 16:46   #254
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!
 
Bolster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: State of Stupidity
Posts: 1,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
... "lifetime guarantees" I don't pay much attention to what a company says....
Sometimes I think "lifetime guarantee" simply means "we make them so inexpensively we don't mind replacing them for you." But I haven't put this humble multi-tool to the test yet so I shouldn't judge. Until then, it's a backup spare, or will go in my super-cheap public-transportation bag.

Been using it today. I'm accustomed to a Leatherman Wave so it's a big step down. None of the tools lock, and I'm disappointed they put in a P1 instead of a P2. The file inspires little confidence. Upside, the pliers seem to be quite nice for the price, worked well for overhauling a shower door today, and a good array of standard screwdrivers.

If it's between the Husky and nothing, I'd take the Husky.
__________________
From the "...land of the regulated, and the home of the entitled."
Obama is the symptom, not the cause.

Last edited by Bolster; 06-17-2012 at 16:50..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 17:02   #255
emt1581
Curious Member
 
emt1581's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Penn's Woods
Posts: 28,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
Sometimes I think "lifetime guarantee" simply means "we make them so inexpensively we don't mind replacing them for you."


If it's between the Husky and nothing, I'd take the Husky.
I agree on both points.

-Emt1581
emt1581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:13   #256
quake
Senior Member
 
quake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 8,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by quake View Post
Fwiw, Buck 119 knives with the leather sheaths for $33.90 at Farm & Fleet...
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...ial_knife.html


...One caveat - I haven't seen the 119's come with leather sheaths in several years, so the "leather sheath" reference may just be an old description on their website. But at this price (and the role I intend these for), I won't be shocked or even too annoyed if they do come with the newer nylon sheaths instead of leather.
Didn't think to post when they came in a week or so ago, but they do have the leather sheaths. Not a big deal for me individually as I'm left-handed with a knife and neither this leather version nor the newer nylon version works well for me personally.

Just thought I'd pass the info along; still available at that price.
__________________
"The best a man can hope for is a chance to prove that the good lord didn't make a mistake putting him here in the first place." - Will Sonnett

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:28   #257
Babynine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 257
quake....They have Blain's Farm and Fleet stores in Arkansas? They are locally owned up here in Wisconsin, and they are my second favorite prep stores behind the stores owned by Blain's brother named Mill's Fleet Farm.

Mill's has everything Blain's has, plus rifles(including AKs), handguns, and surplus Russian spam cans of 5.45, 7.62x39, and 7.62x54 on the cheap. I just picked up a can of 5.45 for $139.99, locally no shipping. Mosin Nagants are $89....And the Ruger 10/22 Takedown was only $299.99 last week! That was the best price I have seen yet on the Takedown.

Those two locally owned farm stores carry everything WalMart carries, and they equal or beat WalMarts prices on nearly everything. And they crush Cabelas prices on many hunting/fishing items including ammo. Hell they even beat WalMarts prices on ammo. Also they have the biggest selection and best prices on Carhartt workwear that I have ever seen.
__________________
Glock 26 AKA The Baby-Nine
Babynine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:17   #258
quake
Senior Member
 
quake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arkansas, USA
Posts: 8,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babynine View Post
quake....They have Blain's Farm and Fleet stores in Arkansas?
No; online ordering only. I'll check Mills out; never used them. Thanks.
__________________
"The best a man can hope for is a chance to prove that the good lord didn't make a mistake putting him here in the first place." - Will Sonnett

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 14:55   #259
jarubla
Dos Pistolas
 
jarubla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UT
Posts: 377
Ready Made Resources looks like they are running a cool promo. Anyone ordered from them before?

https://www.readymaderesources.com/c...1.html?ccUser=

-Jay
__________________
Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll never see him on the weekends.
jarubla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 18:33   #260
wrenrj1
Senior Member
 
wrenrj1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Huskerville
Posts: 10,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenrj1 View Post
I ordered this pack shortly after I saw this post. Still waiting on delivery. Anyone else?

ETA, i just received an email that said early May would be the delivery date.
Still waiting on the LA police gear three day pack, uh It's June 26th. No word from LA police gear.
__________________
We are told by our government NOT to judge Muslims by the actions of a few crazies. We are also told by this same government TO judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few crazies.
wrenrj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:54.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 991
274 Members
717 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31