SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-14-2013, 00:23   #451
DJ Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolster View Post
Hey I just noticed this thread has more views than any of the stickies in this subforum.
Well, yeah. EVERYONE loves a good deal!
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>> http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot...ed-before.html
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:57   #452
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Niner View Post
Well, yeah. EVERYONE loves a good deal!
To celebrate:

Sierra Trading Post is taking 35% off, sitewide, with coupon code "EB031213B". This deal stacks onto their on-sale items, too.

Also, Cabela's is having a sale on knives and multitools. I just picked up two Gerber Mini Suspension Multitools for $5 each, free shipping.

Last edited by Bolster; 03-14-2013 at 09:09..
Bolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 19:04   #453
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prvi Partizan M193 for $420/1k, shipped ($7.95/20)

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=ap223fmj55

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 19:24   #454
Carry16

Any of you fellows with CCTV might be interested in these. I bought two - hope they are as good as I think they are. I currently use Supercircuits IR25's with great success.
At the time I posted this there were 4 still available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380599289348...84.m1439.l2649
Carry16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 00:07   #455
Tom Kanik

Warp -- thanks for the aimsurplus post....they were already sold out when I checked. I asked to be notified anyway whenever they get more in.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:59   #456
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kanik View Post
Warp -- thanks for the aimsurplus post....they were already sold out when I checked. I asked to be notified anyway whenever they get more in.
That's the way to go. Get notifications, watch your inbox, and watch the various threads were people post deals.

BCM standard mid length 16" upper for $459. Option to add complete BCM BCG and Gunfighting CH for $270

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...urg-mid-16.htm

A more expensive one with a rail:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...risii%20de.htm

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)
Old 03-15-2013, 14:07   #457
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

$19.99 translucent/smoke Lancer L5 AWM 30 round AR/M4 magazines

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...artsfinder.com

Old 03-18-2013, 14:28   #458
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Primary Arms has Lancer L5 AWM 30 round AR/M4 magazines (very good mags) for $18.99 each. Select other and USPS for the carrier. Cheap shipping. These guys are good to go

https://www.primaryarms.com/Lancer_S...3.htm?CartID=1

Old 03-18-2013, 15:56   #459
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
...Lancer L5 AWM 30 round AR/M4 magazines (very good mags)...
+1 on Lancers, at least if you stick with the "AWM" version. I have a few of their translucent 'smoke' versions and they're phenomenal. Light weight and round-count capability of translucent polymer, and stability of steel feed lips; only AR magazine I know of with that combination. Plus they have incredibly smooth-sliding non-tilt followers. Another advantage with them is that their base doesn't protrude wider than the body, the way pmags (and most polymer mags) do; which makes them fit better in carrier pouches.

Survival/Preparedness Forum

Survival/Preparedness Forum

May be better than pmags imo, and I don't say that lightly. I'm a big fan of pmags. Fact is, I just discovered Lancers myself last year, and as soon as the current magazine-availability drought is over I'm planning to get some more of them. Not getting into this current market stampede (and I really don't need more AR magazines), but these Lancers are so good I wish I had more of them.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...

Last edited by quake; 03-18-2013 at 15:58..
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 16:19   #460
bdcochran

Survival hatchet noted by Bolster

I bought two of the units as gifts. The quality is surprisingly high and they do not need sharpening. The sheath is ok as well.

Yes, I know a person can spend money on hatchets and axes. I was a dealer and own a number.

Remember the following. When you are stuck on the road or at home in an emergency, you go with what you have, not "the best" or "better".

I have a couple of friends in their 30s related to my girlfriend. Their dad was not a sportsman, outdoorsman, shooter and probably can't even change a tire on his car. So, they receive low end flashlights, pocket knives, used/clean Leatherman tools, and now hatchets as gifts on their birthdays or at Christmas.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 17:37   #461
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If anybody has the time, go ahead and read through this thread, even if all you do is read the OP's posts. Going on a "how much abuse can they take?" metric the L5 AWM seems to be the unofficial winner.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/58...ot_click_.html

Old 03-18-2013, 17:46   #462
Cavalry Doc
Silver Membership
MAJ (USA Ret.)

I've searched high and low. My google-fu has failed me. Is anyone aware of a DPMS LR-308/SR-25 .308 magazine that is clear or translucent?
Cavalry Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 19:09   #463
quake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
If anybody has the time, go ahead and read through this thread, even if all you do is read the OP's posts. Going on a "how much abuse can they take?" metric the L5 AWM seems to be the unofficial winner.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/58...ot_click_.html
That's a good review thread. I didn't make it all the way thru all 21 pages, but did get thru the first four or five.

Interesting stuff; thanks.

"Only problem with women my own age, is they're so damn old." - my dad at 89...
quake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 19:23   #464
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Lancer continued on like a tank. Definitely the "winner". The feed lips rusted...after going through the dishwasher and especially after being soaked in bleach...but it still worked perfectly. The USGI mags made an early exit, they just aren't as tough or durable as the modern polymers and got ripped to shreds. Troy did well. The PMAG basically failed. It cracked along the spine, near the top, and stopped holding rounds by itself, though if held together and inserted into a lower it would still feed. The tango down broke in half, apparently it's glued together.

Last edited by Warp; 03-19-2013 at 19:25..
Old 03-20-2013, 09:40   #465
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Those Lancers are STILL in stock at PA. And they have Troy Battlemags for $19.99 now too.

AND...Troy Battlemags for $14.95 at AIM

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...troy+battlemag

Last edited by Warp; 03-20-2013 at 09:41..
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00   #466
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3 pack of Troy Battlemags at Cabelas for $42.99

6 of them came to about $98 shipped for me, which is only about $16.49 per mag. Not bad, these Troy mags are supposed to be quite good.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Troy-...ck/1379160.uts

Old 03-21-2013, 17:31   #467
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

30 round windowed Gen2 PMAGs, 3 for $46 shipped

Yes, it's ******. They seem to have been doing much better recently, but they still don't get a solid A rating or anything. I ordered some. THey've been good for me.

http://www.******tactical.com/mapm30mawiwi.html

Old 03-22-2013, 05:30   #468
Ruble Noon
"Cracker"

Katadyn Pocket™ Water Filter

$269.99

http://beprepared.com/katadynr-pocke...08&pc=INEM1408
Ruble Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:52   #469
onebigelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
I've searched high and low. My google-fu has failed me. Is anyone aware of a DPMS LR-308/SR-25 .308 magazine that is clear or translucent?
Negative.

And I've had a 10-pack of the 20rnd Pmags on backorder with Brownells since November. They'll be regular price when they come in, but who knows when that'll be.

John
onebigelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16   #470
fireboltgt

I was just informed by ****** Tactical that the 3 Magpul PMags that i just ordered, were going to be canceled. This is the 2nd time that they have done this to me, so needless to say they will not be getting anymore of my $
fireboltgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 13:11   #471
SRT76

I've been finding great deals on some random camping stuff at my local Boy Scout Shop. Picked up some streamlight products for 25% less than amazon. Along with some camp kitchen gear for a song.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 03-26-2013, 16:32   #472
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!

Coleman 55 Watt Solar Kit at HD

http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2027689...7#.UVIdW3CWUbA
Old 05-20-2013, 22:59   #473
DJ Niner

http://www.nitro-pak.com/ is running a "Memorial Day Mega Sale", including 25% off all Mountain House #10 cans, and 15% off MH pouches.
...The second most dangerous thing to do is Turning Your Life Around. Going by local news reports, if you start Turning Your Life Around, you will inexplicably wind up face down in a convenience store parking lot at 0300 with a bag of somebody else's money in your hand, a chalk outline, and half a magazine's worth of the taxpayers' bullets in your ass. -- Tamara K.

Link >>> http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot...ed-before.html
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:36   #474
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Danner USMC RAT boots (hot and temperate) for $79 with free shipping. They are seconds.

"Second Quality Standards

Form, fit, and function. These are the standards we will never jeopardize. A second quality boot maintains these standards and is only marked as second quality due to cosmetic defects. It requires the critical eye of our craftsmen to catch these small imperfections. Common defects for second quality boots include things such as scuffs, veins, or scars in the leather, slight color variations, and different colored hardware.

Warranty

While we strive to maintain our standards of form, fit and function, we cannot guarantee the performance of second quality boots, and cannot include our first warranty. If you are looking for industry leading standards, and a warranty to back it up, please shop our first quality boots at danner.com and lacrossefootwear.com.

How We Mark Second Quality Products

In order to differentiate second quality products from in-line products, they are marked inconspicuously with a small hole-punch in the tongue, an "As Is" embossed on the tongue, and/or an F label on the internal upper of the boot."

http://www.hitthebreakroom.com/invite/?r=255970

I ordered myself a pair.

Size 10.5 is still in stock.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:32   #475
mac66
Plant the seed

PSA Rifle Case

Rifle case at PSA for Memorial day sale... $50, free shipping.

These are really nice cases. Lots of external and internal pockets, holds a ton of stuff. Same bag is sold by a number of other companies with there own labels on it. Drago is one and they sell the same bag with Sig Arms label on it for twice the price. Has shoulder straps so you can carry it like a back pack. Also has MOLLE straps on the outside. In fact one of my friends uses them for BOBs which is how I learned about them. I bought a couple the last time they were on sale but didn't get free shipping.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...m_medium=email

Last edited by mac66; 05-25-2013 at 16:06..
mac66 is offline   Reply With Quote