Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-11-2011, 19:24   #1
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

Lawyers

I'm sick and tired of attorneys that will do anything they can to prevent us from deporting illegal aliens. They ignore statutory and case law and pretty much just interpret the law to prevent me from doing my job.

The best part is they work for Uncle Sam.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Old 10-11-2011, 22:26   #2
DaBigBR
No Infidels!

Just remember...as long as the checks keep clearing, it could always get worse.

-David Simon in "Homicide"
DaBigBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 23:20   #3
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcop761 View Post
I'm sick and tired of attorneys that will do anything they can to prevent us from deporting illegal aliens. They ignore statutory and case law and pretty much just interpret the law to prevent me from doing my job.

The best part is they work for Uncle Sam.

Actually, the bastards work for uncle barack.

BUCK FARACK.
Old 10-12-2011, 00:15   #4
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

It's shameful that a sitting POTUS has two illegal alien relatives... ******* unbelievable.

I made a mistake and followed up on a case that I got involved in. Actually it was taken from another employee and given to me to "do right." So I get it done and the attorney said, oh there's plenty of time to amend the charges with the evidence I submitted.

I should have listened to that first FTO. He told me to write my case to the best of my ability and let it go. What happens after is not up to me. Because I'm stupid I followed up.

Tell me I'm not the only one.
Old 10-12-2011, 00:30   #5
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
It's shameful that a sitting POTUS has two illegal alien relatives... ******* unbelievable.

I made a mistake and followed up on a case that I got involved in. Actually it was taken from another employee and given to me to "do right." So I get it done and the attorney said, oh there's plenty of time to amend the charges with the evidence I submitted.

I should have listened to that first FTO. He told me to write my case to the best of my ability and let it go. What happens after is not up to me. Because I'm stupid I followed up.

I've been told the same thing about our "shots", aka Incident Reports, write-ups, on inmates inside the fence. Had one guy that should have gone to the hole that got the whole thing dropped because he was "essential" to the tool room functioning. Funny part was, I caught him with a homemade hazardous tool. It happens, unfortunately. It took me a while, but I learned to back off and not worry about what happens after I do my paperwork. They'll screw up again, and we'll get 'em the next time.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:40   #6
Panzergrenadier1979
Keystone Cop

Quote:

I became a cop because I honestly "cared".

One of the first things I've figured out about this job is that life is so much easier if I simply stopped caring. Sad but (in my case) true.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Panzergrenadier1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:47   #7
Bruce M

Recently I have heard them use the term "undocumented citizen" which seems to dilute it even more than undocumented alien which is of course simply a nicer way of saying illegal alien which of course is just a specific type of criminal, i.e burglar, robber, etc.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:59   #8
JohnnyReb
Lifetime Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzergrenadier1979 View Post
I became a cop because I honestly "cared".

One of the first things I've figured out about this job is that life is so much easier if I simply stopped caring. Sad but (in my case) true.
That's how I detach from it all. Its all just work.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:18   #9
RocPO

As others have said, its not worth the aggravation. Do your job to the best of your ability and don't let the lawyer games get to you.

Fire and forget.
RocPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:28   #10
Snowman92D

That's lawyers for ya. Dragoon44 sez that's why lawyers always wear neckties: To keep their foreskins from sliding up over their heads.
Snowman92D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 15:42   #11
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
As others have said, its not worth the aggravation. Do your job to the best of your ability and don't let the lawyer games get to you.

Fire and forget.
Fire and forget. I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Recently I have heard them use the term "undocumented citizen" which seems to dilute it even more than undocumented alien which is of course simply a nicer way of saying illegal alien which of course is just a specific type of criminal, i.e burglar, robber, etc.
WTF?! Uh..Citizen of what country? If we don't control the vocabulary we're going to lose the fight. An Immigrant jumps through the hoops and LEGALLY comes to this country. Illegal alien is the legal and proper term but I prefer to call them ****** ***** **** **** **** *****!!

Last edited by Newcop761; 10-12-2011 at 21:17..
Newcop761 is offline   Reply With Quote