Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-12-2011, 22:06   #1
Hogpauls

Po Po came to visit today

I had a nice day today. I spent the morning doing my husbandly duties around the house. When I finished it was time for some case cleaning on some 9mm I'm wanting to trade.

Got 'em soaked in some Lemi, Dawn and OMS for a half hour and rinsed in the back yard in bucket. As you can imagine swirling a few hundred cases in a bucket makes quite a bit of racket, rinsing and dumping into sifter pan and back to bucket a couple times to make sure the mixture is off the cases. Then I placed them on a towel and onto the trash cans to air dry on the side of the house. I repeated the process with another batch but the only sun was on the driveway so thats where the second batch sat to dry (actually a couple feet inside the garage). Tumbling tomorrow.

Happy with my handywork I went inside to relax. 30 mintues later the wifey poo asks me to watch the boiling noodles as she steps out the front door. Always happy to oblige her every whim (), I do as I'm told. Then I got curious to see who she's talking to. A couple female officers were questioning her and my 20 year old daughter about my behavior and if they felt threatened by me. They also asked if I pulled out one of my guns in anger or walked around the house with a gun.

I stepped outside to see what the bruhaha was all about and all conversation about guns and my families welfare stopped. I could tell the officers were flying the B.S. flag high when I came out. All they would tell me was an anonymous "concerned neighbor" called about my activities. I didn't learn the crux of the questioning until they left and my wife told me what they were really there for.

I'm very discreet when loading up for a day of shooting and never take the guns out to the truck without being in a case. Most times I back the truck up to load targets and such so as not to draw attention. The last time I went shooting was Monday and doubt the police would have waited two days to respond to a gun related issue. So all I can think of was my completely innocent day of case cleaning which brought them to my house.
Old 10-12-2011, 22:12   #2
cyphertext

Glad I don't have your neighbors! But we have our fair share of busy bodies too. We had two tahoes pull up with two officers each because someone called in about men with guns in my yard. My son and his friends were playing airsoft.
cyphertext is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 22:28   #3
Batesmotel

I had a neighbor like that once. Called me in about gun related issues all the time. It got old over 7 years.

Once they rolled hot and fast to reports I was shooting up the house. I was using a power nailer, nailing studs to the concrete floor in the basement.

Once she reported me hauling tons of guns out of the house. I was loading cameras into the van but I use pelican cases for cameras and handguns. Loved seeing a cop play with a Hasselblad as she looked out the window.

The last time they showed up she once again reported me with guns in the driveway. When they showed up they found me and one of their own detectives cleaning sniper rifles in the garage with the door open. Detective Lewis and I grew up together and served in the Marines in the same rifle company until he joined sniper platoon.

They finally just stopped coming, instead they would call. The chief had no problem signing my form 4. They knew me pretty good.
Old 10-12-2011, 22:47   #4
Zombie Steve
Decap Pin Killa

If you folks were instilling the proper amount of fear in your neighbors, none of this would be a problem.

Zombie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 22:58   #5
crsuribe
10mm Auto

Wow that is SO silly.

Earlier today me and my wife were at Kroger and we walked by 2 different groups of people who were casually talking about guns. One of them I heard talking about his new .44 lever action rifle and the other group was talking about shotguns.

People just love guns in my area! It's awesome! :D

*I love USA*
crsuribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:21   #6
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

I shoot from my deck all the time. I've killed 2 moose in my yard. The only call that might be made, would be a neighbor calling me, asking for a hind leg.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:35   #7
farmer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Steve View Post
If you folks were instilling the proper amount of fear in your neighbors, none of this would be a problem.

hahahaha
farmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:54   #8
Colorado4Wheel

Some of you guys need a Big Foot costume. That would make it a lot more interesting.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:04   #9
hdsteve69

Im glad my neighbors arent like yours . All my neighbors know I have guns and they know I carry concealed ,hell I carry open at home, they all are pretty happy I carry . They tell me they feel safer knowing I do especially my neighbor next door she is a single lady on disability and just went through a bad divorce which put her exhusband in jail for pointing a gun at her and my family one night when I was gone. He just got out a couple weeks ago but hasnt come around cause he knows I would hesitate to use deadly force against him if he endangers my, my families or her life.
hdsteve69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:05   #10
eracer
Where's my EBT?

You should step up to a bigger caliber...

Reloading
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:15   #11
jmorris

Sort of reminds me of a time back when I was 18 or 19. I had a '69 Camaro with a 6-71 blown small block with 3" exaust, after breaking in a new cam (just before dark) friends and I were hanging out telling lies over a beer or two. Two squad cars pull up and begin with "we had a call over too much noi.....Woah!, that's one bad ***** engine. Can you fire it up for us!"

Seconds later once they peeked out from the curtains, knowing the Police were there and the beautiful tones they called "racket" were once again occuring, we found out who had called them. It was the last time I ever talked to police about noise.

I now live outside city limits and have much less helpfull folks around. Last time I had my bowling ball cannon out, a few days later at the mail box I talked to on of the ladies from next door and she told me that I had scared her a time or two when I had dropped some steel, took me a second to figure out what she was talking about.

Last edited by jmorris; 10-13-2011 at 07:19..
jmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:19   #12
Goodspeed(TPF)

That sucks.

Odds are that they were not called because of you cleaning the brass. The brass cleaning activity by you was just used as an excuse. Someone is watching you and doesn't like you or the guns you own would be my guess. Busybodies. Boo, hiss.
Goodspeed(TPF) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:03   #13
G36_Me

Just rolled back up to see where you are from. Idaho. In my dreams I thought Idaho folk were more advanced than this. I choose to believe in my fantasy world that most Idaho folks are still good Americans. Maybe your state is sliding toward Cali.

Good luck, be careful and do the right thing. Some people take longer than others to learn the truth.
Glock Professional Instructor
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
G36_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:08   #14
Tpro
On the mark

This is why I live in the country (one of many reasons).

I hate neighbors.

Well, I like them as long as they stay away from me, and don't try to have a conversation with me. Then we all get along just fine.

And no, I'm not antisocial.
Tpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:15   #15
jellis11
Yippee-ki-yay

Lame.
jellis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:27   #16
thejellster05

Send a message via Yahoo to thejellster05
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeross View Post
I shoot from my deck all the time. I've killed 2 moose in my yard. The only call that might be made, would be a neighbor calling me, asking for a hind leg.
Wow man!

That's American!

You have your priorities right sir.

thejellster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:28   #17
hawgrider

OMG - why is it that there is always one busy body nosey as neighbor is every neighborhood? Maybe you need to jump on your horse and ride through the neigborhood screaming " The Liberals are coming"
hawgrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:29   #18
Beanie-Bean

I'm sorry that you have to deal with neighbors like that--sounds like a real pain the in the a_s.

I'm also very careful about loading out stuff when heading out to the range, or when trying to reholster in the car. Usually, I'll put up the foil shield in the front windshield, as my tint is pretty dark on all the other windows.

Q: Is the steel media tumbler really loud? I've be contemplating adding one to "The List" and would love to run the cleaning cycle for several hours in my garage right next to the crappy neighbor's house.

Beanie-Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:42   #19
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogpauls View Post

... A couple female officers were questioning her and my 20 year old daughter about my behavior and if they felt threatened by me.

... I could tell the officers were flying the B.S. flag high when I came out. All they would tell me was an anonymous "concerned neighbor" called about my activities...
BS!

Post the police report. Black out the report number and all names.

Last edited by JBnTX; 10-13-2011 at 08:44..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:28   #20
crsuribe
10mm Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post
BS!

Post the police report. Black out the report number and all names.
Just to prove something to you over the Internet?

Some people here are really scared of being lied to on a forum.

*I love USA*
crsuribe is offline   Reply With Quote