SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-20-2011, 15:22   #1
Japle
John, Viera, Fl

Gun sales at Patrick AFB

The BX at Patrick AFB near the Cape in Florida is setting up to sell guns and ammo. I was in there today and they have two rotating long gun displays and 20+ feet of display cases. No idea when they’ll be up and running or whether the prices will be any better than what’s available online.

I’ve been going in there for over 25 years and this is new. They’ve always carried fishing and camping gear, but no guns and no shooting equipment. It’ll be interesting to see what they carry and whether they’ll receive guns bought online. Even if their prices aren’t great, there’s NO SALES TAX on stuff bought in the BX.
Japle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:03   #2
crazyasian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japle View Post
The BX at Patrick AFB near the Cape in Florida is setting up to sell guns and ammo. I was in there today and they have two rotating long gun displays and 20+ feet of display cases. No idea when they’ll be up and running or whether the prices will be any better than what’s available online.

I’ve been going in there for over 25 years and this is new. They’ve always carried fishing and camping gear, but no guns and no shooting equipment. It’ll be interesting to see what they carry and whether they’ll receive guns bought online. Even if their prices aren’t great, there’s NO SALES TAX on stuff bought in the BX.

Damn! I spent 8 years there and now that I'm gone they wanna start selling?!?! Oh well, I got my G19 at Quantico and some ammo at one of the Army bases out here in the NCR, Ft. Belvoir or Meade i think. The no sales tax is definitely a benefit! And they can usually get any of the "normal" guns for comparative prices.
Old 10-22-2011, 15:23   #3
freedom790

They started selling guns here at the FE Warren BX last year. They have comparable prices to the civilian shops, but with no tax its almost always a better deal to buy on base. At least here any way.
Old 11-26-2011, 23:22   #4
ricky

i hope it is true especially with ammo as well.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:57   #5
Bodyarmorguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japle View Post

Hellz yes. Keep us posted on what the ammo selection and prices are like.