Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:00   #1
3000fps

Retrieving a pistol from a vehicle

Good evening Mas, first of all I'd like to thank you personally for all the work you do on this forum, and all other avenues of education. Your advice is truly invaluable.

I had a quick question to run by you that could be applicable to me (hopefully not) in the future.

While i'm at work I have to resort to carrying a Ruger LCP in .380 in a front right hand pocket holster. I leave my primary gun Glock 23 with 2 mags and Gold Dot's in the pistol safe while i'm inside work.

If I was ever inside working, and 4 armed robbers stormed in demanding everyone's money, would I be justified in escaping to retrieve my handgun, yet advancing back onto my place of work?

Basically what i'm saying is, if I really believed someone was going to be done harm and went to retrieve a more combat effective handgun (given the opportunity) would it be sound to do so?

There have been a lot of armed robberies, in some instances people were shot in the area. These are generally committed by 3-5 people that storm the place.
3000fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:08   #2
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

That wouldn't be a realistic plan. I wouldn't want to be taking on four aggressive armed robbers with a Glock 23 OR a Ruger LCP. I'm not sure how you plan to escape outside to the car to get your Glock, but if you can do that, you'd be better off to take a cover/observation position outside, call 9-1-1, and stay on the line to be the eyes and ears for responding police.

Only Dirty Harry and Sylvester Stallone ever able to come in from the outside and, single-handed, wipe out an armed robbery gang without endangering victims and bystanders...and they only got away with it because it was fiction, and the scriptwriters were on their side.

Best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote