GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-22-2011, 23:14   #1
Meat-Hook

S.F. Bay Area: Freeway closed. Hells Angel murdered.

Dont know if you guys are aware of what has been happening recently regarding the Hells Angels, but things appear to be heating up. Anyone aware of outlaw motorcyle gangs know that the likes of the Hells Angels dont always wear their gang colors.

So the next time you pull over a motorcycle rider, be careful. There may be more than meets the eye. Be safe.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/29561601/detail.html
Meat-Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 23:28   #2
Trigger Finger

Absolutely! It pays to always be safe. I thought you were referring to the other HA incident in Nor Cal. San Jose the safest big city with half the police officers they need.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_19174691

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 23:40   #3
Meat-Hook

Indeed I was.

I am referring to all these incidents and "goings-on".

Bearing in mind that these are only the incidents that we know about and have been made public by the media. Rest assured there may be all sorts of other stuff perculating in the background that only the gang members are privy too.

The Hells Angels and other motocycle "clubs" have a long history of not "getting along" with Law Enforcement officers .
Old 10-23-2011, 00:43   #4
DustyJacket
Gold Membership
Directiv 10-289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat-Hook View Post
So the next time you pull over a motorcycle rider, be careful. There may be more than meets the eye. Be safe.
Big difference between "a motorcycle rider" and an MC, especially an MC with the 1% diamond patch.

As the AMA said 99% of motorcycle riders are decent law abiding human beings.

We have a detective in our area which is an "expert" on bikers and gives seminars and such, but still treats the 99% just like an MC, if they have any sort of back patch. That is a little much.

An MC will have a 3 piece patch, plus a small patch that says MC.

http://www.rcvsmc.net/id13.html

Last edited by DustyJacket; 10-23-2011 at 00:57..
DustyJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:09   #5
Trigger Finger

Quote:
Indeed I was.

I am referring to all these incidents and "goings-on".

Bearing in mind that these are only the incidents that we know about and have been made public by the media. Rest assured there may be all sorts of other stuff perculating in the background that only the gang members are privy too.

The Hells Angels and other motocycle "clubs" have a long history of not "getting along" with Law Enforcement officers .

In L.A., when I was working there, we had several experts in this field in my division and the vernacular that they used was Outlaw Motorcycle Gang (OMG) for the Angels, Vagos and all the criminal types. The clubs had no patch and were referred to as MC for motorcycle club. The criminals are not referred to by law enforcement as clubs.

All of them can be extremely violent and can come in all colors and sex's.

" a long history of not "getting along" with Law Enforcement officers" This is an extreme understatement. Some actually target LEOs and have an additional small patch on the sleeve if they assault a LEO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:52   #6
TreverSlyFox

Ya'll might want to remember that they have access to a lot bigger weapons than .40 Glocks, 12 ga or 5.56 ARs, so using your cruiser door for cover isn't adequate. Also remember they usually have several "chase" vehicles when riding in groups and those vehicles may be a mile or more back from the main group.

With the "major" clubs if they're approached in a professional and polite manner most times they will respond reasonably in kind. Come on like gang busters and don't be surprised if you get your ticket punched.

Last edited by TreverSlyFox; 10-23-2011 at 01:53..
TreverSlyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:04   #7
Meat-Hook

I remember many years ago, I went to a small bar, in a nice "yuppy" neighborhood, that was frequented by both off-duty law enforcement personell as well as civilians. The thing was the folks behind bar had a habit of announcing to the entire establishment, "Thats Tom Dick & Harry"

"and all of them are,.......C.......O......P...S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus making sure the entire bar and the clientele inside were able to identify who the law enforcement patrons were.

One time I was there this loud mouth was sitting at the end of the bar . He kept ranting about how much he hated cops. It came out of nowhere. I didnt understand it at the time. Finally, I went to re-load the juke box with money,..which he was sitting next to. Just then he took off his jacket. Underneath he was wearing this hot-pink tank top. This dude was obviously built. His shoulders were as wide as a shipping container and he obviously at one time benched weights and did steroids. As I stood behind him loading the juke box, I looked over at him. Underneath the hot-pink tank top I saw a massive tattoo that spanned across his entire back & shoulders.

It was a giant winged skull with words around it: Hells Angels.

As soon as I made it back to my table I told my compadres; "Drink up, and lets go".

never assume they are just motorcycle "riders".

As Reagan would say: "trust,...but Verify".

Last edited by Meat-Hook; 10-23-2011 at 02:09.. Reason: spelling and additional info.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:18   #8
CAcop

Quote:
Dont know if you guys are aware of what has been happening recently regarding the Hells Angels, but things appear to be heating up. Anyone aware of outlaw motorcyle gangs know that the likes of the Hells Angels dont always wear their gang colors.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/29561601/detail.html
One of the comments on another website was:

During flu season some people feel like they got hit by a bus. This guy was.
I wonder if your assessment of "The Wizard of Oz" would sound something like "A teenaged orphan runs away with three psychotic AD/HD patients and a little dog. She kills the first two women she meets." --Sinecure 07/03/2006
Freakin' awsome!! Kickin it old school. Hot sheet on the dash. The report was probably only two sentences. Long live Rencko and Bobbie Hill!--WhiskeyT
CAcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:42   #9
mixflip

On one of his first stops right off of FTO, one of my buddies pulled over (by himself) some HA's years ago here in Nevada. Turns out the bikers were someone with rank. He noticed 2 vans circling the block the whole time. My buddy did his job and sent him on his way. (picked his battle basically)

Later he learned from gang task force officers that more than likely those vans were full of biker soldiers. Did they have firearms? He will never know. Are they capable of ambushing a cop to rescue their leaders? We will never know...

Last edited by mixflip; 10-23-2011 at 09:43..
mixflip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 22:48   #10
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

If those vans were omg chase cars, there is no doubt in my mind the soldiers inside will never hesitate to assault a cop at the drop of a hat.

I ran into a group of mongols once while riding off duty. They joked and acted like regular folks, albeit louder and wearing big knives on the hip. They didn't break any laws and just did their thing and left. I kept my distance and an eye on them the whole time though.
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:16   #11
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
OMC seems to be a mixture. The more established ones, and those in leadership positions within the major clubs seem to be somewhat respectful. The minor ones, the associates, what have you may be more troublesome. Then, there are always those who are going to try to punch a cops ticket, so be wary.

I once had one fellow who is an OMC member from up north tell me that they had a cop as a member. It is not beyond the realm of possibility for that to be, as I know because of the fact that various criminal elements with any intelligence at all is going to try to get inside somewhere.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:01   #12
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

It's not even the members really but the prospects who are out to prove something.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:01   #13
Patchman
Florist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
I once had one fellow who is an OMC member from up north tell me that they had a cop as a member. It is not beyond the realm of possibility for that to be, as I know because of the fact that various criminal elements with any intelligence at all is going to try to get inside somewhere.
And if it's not an actual gang member, it could just as likely be their girlfriend or wife. Because females usually don't have arrest records, they can get past the hiring process.

Of course, this is not only limited to MC gangs. All gangs or organized crime groups are doing this.

And thank YOU for being perfect, all the time, every time. Go forth and reproduce. We need more of you.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 16:46   #14
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Gangs here, including OMG, get their girlfriends and wives to work for the DMV or other agencies and steal information. Not too long ago a sting went down and they caught DMV people selling officer addresses to gangs.
Old 10-26-2011, 16:56   #15
Hollywood D

There's an MC in my area who claims they are not 1%s and are only bonded by their love for motorcycles. Then one night they had a huge shootout in the street.

Phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Hollywood D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 17:43   #16
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO

Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman View Post
And if it's not an actual gang member, it could just as likely be their girlfriend or wife. Because females usually don't have arrest records, they can get past the hiring process.

Of course, this is not only limited to MC gangs. All gangs or organized crime groups are doing this.
Very true, our agency included.
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 18:12   #17
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood D View Post
There's an MC in my area who claims they are not 1%s and are only bonded by their love for motorcycles. Then one night they had a huge shootout in the street.
We got a new one that claims to be family oriented and just want a good time riding. Then they throw big parties and hang with all the omg. Family indeed.