Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:20   #1
BigEAGLE
NRA MEMBER

do i need an egw firing pin stop on my 45super?

i'm converting my taurus pt1911 to .45super/450smc. so far i added a 22lb recoil spring,heavy firing pin spring,titanium firing pin,flgr,a heavy bushing compensator,extra power main spring. and i had a colt firing pin stop laying around so i put that in there for now replacing the taurus one? i'm just wondering if an egw flat bottom firing pin stop is needed? the bushing comp is very heavy i'm wondering if it will slow the slide down enough to not need the egw? i have an egw firing pin stop in my colt delta elite(the other gun in the pic with the skull grips). i'm pretty much setting the taurus up like i set up my delta. any advice would be helpful. thank you
Gunsmithing

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...54862532_o.jpg

also subscribe to all the gun channels on my favorites list. check em all out they are real cool :)
BigEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 14:20   #2
GFlory

I shoot full power loads in a 10 mm 1911. I strongly recommend the EGW square firing-pin retainer. My results from installing the EGW are as follows:

With an 18.5 lb recoil spring, and the stock firing-pin retainer, the force to open the slide was 22.5 lb. With the EGW retainer, the required force was 25.0 lb. Replacing the main spring with a 25 lb version raised the opening force to 28.8 lb.

I shoot full power 10 mm loads using a 24 lb recoil spring and it just gives me a firm push for recoil. Very pleasant to shoot.
GFlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 15:15   #3
TKM
Lifetime Membership
Shiny Member

Taurus is not recommended for the 460 Rowland conversion.

Are you sure it's a good idea for 45 Super?
TKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 23:20   #4
BigEAGLE
NRA MEMBER

thanx for the info guys. i'm ordering the egw. i think with the egw firing pin stop, the heavy bushing comp,22lb recoil spring,extra power firing pin spring,titanium firing pin, 25lb main spring,flgr the taurus will handle the 45 super. i don't plan on putting thousands of rounds of super through the gun. just another fun caliber to go along with my 10mms.

also subscribe to all the gun channels on my favorites list. check em all out they are real cool :)
BigEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:52   #5
samhouston

I started down the 45 super road last year, and concluded that I did need to put in the square bottomed FP spring retainer. Unfortunately I launched it in the garage after getting the fit right, and have never found it...
samhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10mm, 45 super, egw, pt1911, taurus