Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-26-2011, 15:48   #1
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Why is he an "ex"?

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/techn...-biggie/43246/

Can someone from SouthLAnd shed some light in the ex-detective?

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 20:57   #2
SAR
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

I have a good idea, but I will let you know after I retire and I write my book.

P.S. I actually worked Rampart with Rafael Perez, Ruben Palomares, David Mack, and Nino Durden, and since I still work for the Department, I am not really comfortable talking about it on an open forum.
Old 10-26-2011, 21:34   #3
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Ahh, tells me all I want to know.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 22:41   #4
ronduke

Article in Rolling Stone mag.

I remember reading a very in-depth article about the murder of Tupak in Rolling Stone mag. (Yes, they occassionally have some good articles.) I tried to get the article online, but you have to be a subscriber. Mack and Perez and Chief Parks were mentioned alot.

I did find this article, which is somewhat related. http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...urrentPage=all
ronduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 22:47   #5
alabaster
Swollen Member

That's a very troubling and shocking story. The fact that someone that famous, in the public's sight so much could be victimized and the plot covered so hard by so many people in such high places is unnerving. Conspiracy theorist should have a blast with that one.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:27   #6
EMTCOP

I solved the murders of Tupac and Biggie in just a few hours. Any investigator knows that you should always look to who would profit from the victim's death.

It became apparent to me pretty quick that the same people benefited from both their deaths.....

T-Shirt airbrush artists.

You're welcome LAPD and LVMPD!!!
EMTCOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:49   #7
OLY-M4gery

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabaster View Post
That's a very troubling and shocking story. The fact that someone that famous, in the public's sight so much could be victimized and the plot covered so hard by so many people in such high places is unnerving. Conspiracy theorist should have a blast with that one.

LAPD loosened hiring standards. They got a bunch of recruits that had been in gangs. Some of them never actually quit being in gangs.

Those new recruits stayed together. Just a few of them are responsible for the Rampart Scandal, several Bank Robberies, armed "road rage" that ended one of their lives, and evidence tampering to attempt to destroy an honest LAPD detective.

As a sideline, those same "gang related" cops regularly were hired by Suge Knight to perform private security, in uniforn.

Those security gigs were given because the were "gang related". That formed thier association with Suge Knight.

There was no deep cover up. Those 4-5 "gang related" cops perpetrated the killing, and multiple other crimes. The suspect vehicle from Tupac's killing was found in the garage of one of the "gang related" cops after his bank robbery conviction. The car had by all accounts not left the garage after Tupac's killing, and was not a car he drove to his real job.

The lesson here, is actually, that 4-5 criminals in a 4,000 person department can do horrific damage, both by their criminal acts, and to the reputation of the department, and 3,995 other employees of the department.

The Rampart Scandal should be taught to every police administrator and supervisor. Including why lowering hiring standards can be catastrophic, and why claims of police corruption should be vigorously investigated with corroborating evidence from other sources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Mack_(police_officer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_...police_officer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nino_Du...police_officer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_G...police_officer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Poole

Investigation of Notorious B.I.G.'s death After months of investigating and substantial amounts of evidence, Poole accused an LAPD officer, Officer David Mack, along with his friend, Amir Muhammad, of being complicit in the murder. Poole had enough evidence that Officer Mack had ties with the CEO of Death Row Records, Marion "Suge" Knight to suspect him and possibly other officers in the murder. He had sources that he grew up in the same neighborhood as Knight (Compton), was in the same gang as Knight (the Bloods), was a frequent visitor at Knight's private parties, and wore the same blood red clothes as Knight and the Bloods gang.

Chief Parks' involvement and Poole's resignation Poole eventually sent this information to the then-chief of the Los Angeles Police Department, Bernard C. Parks, who ordered Poole to cease all investigations on Officer David Mack, as Mack had been arrested for bank robbery in December 1997 and already was on his way to prison. Poole, in protest of Parks and the LAPD's handling of the case, retired from the department in late 1999 after a long and rewarding career.

---------------------------------

Maybe the other ex-detective got sick of the politics too?

Last edited by OLY-M4gery; 10-27-2011 at 03:03..
OLY-M4gery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:18   #8
GWSHARK
BITEYAHEADOFF

Tupac = Orlando Anderson
Biggie = ?????

Last edited by GWSHARK; 10-27-2011 at 10:18..
GWSHARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:11   #9
ateamer
NRA4EVR

I thought a two-pack shaker was some kind of mixed drink...
Know-it-all
ateamer is offline   Reply With Quote