Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-27-2011, 20:42   #1
dcc12

CHL holder gets 70 years

Here is the link to the conclusion of a local shooting.
Long story short Road rage type incident.

Both men armed one CHL holder one non CHL but because it is legal to have gun in car in Texas the permit status not important to this case. But I will refer to CHL and nonCHL for ID purposes only.

Many wittness observe shooting, many different views and stories. but reports from local news:
Both men may or may not have been driving agressively.
Pickup and car stop at intersection. Nonpermit holder exits car with gun in hand exchanges words with man in pickup. Non CHL Man gets back in car. CHL holder backs pickup may or may not have sat there for a few min. but puts pickup in reverse and pushes car a considerable distance back down street onto median disabling car.
Both men exit CHL holder shoots Glock23 and hits with head shot. NonCHL dead.
CHL holder is indicted for murder by Taylor County Grand Jury. Goes to trial found guilty. 70 years.
http://www.reporternews.com/news/201...on-murder-aus/
dcc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 20:44   #2
madcitycop

sounds about right to me. Easily could have left the scene and called 911. Clearly no immediate threat.
madcitycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 20:51   #3
DaneA

Well what did he expect to happen? Might have gotten away with it had he shot the nonCHL holder when he exited his car and approached him.
DaneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 20:57   #4
michael e

If we shot everyone that drove like a jack ass around me I would be the only one left on the road. If you have an out just take it. We have a side street around the corner from me, last sat morning we where on our way to breakfest and two guys got out about to fight. This seems to happen on this street at least 1x a week. I have got to where I wont take this street unless I have to, people can't just walk away from something stuiped anymore
michael e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 20:59   #5
dcc12

Thats the way it appears here the threat had left the building sorta speak
Old 10-27-2011, 21:03   #6
RenegadeGlocker

Would have been a clean shoot if he clocked him as soon as he got out of the car with gun.

Either way, to less *******s I will ever encounter on the road. Win Win.
RenegadeGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 21:08   #7
dcc12

To quote a Monty Python skit......Run away Run away
Cant remember what movie it is from but good advise it it gets you or keeps you out of a fight.

Last edited by dcc12; 10-27-2011 at 21:09..
Old 10-27-2011, 21:17   #8
Bogey
CLM Number 242
The Mouth®

Send a message via Yahoo to Bogey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcc12 View Post
To quote a Monty Python skit......Run away Run away
Cant remember what movie it is from but good advise it it gets you or keeps you out of a fight.
Holy Grail in case you had to know.

I agree with most written above. Seems to me his best shot at capping the guy and getting away with it was when the non CHL first approached.
Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 21:23   #9
Toorop

Once again we have an excellent example as to why having a permit/license to carry does not make someone a good person. It also shows that police are right to treat permit holders with distrust just as they do those without permit holders.
Toorop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 21:34   #10
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Ass hats. I'm glad they convicted him, he had his moment for a "clean shoot" and missed it. Then he had an out, and chose instead to elevate the situation.

This is EXACTLY the kind of crap that can put the public on the wrong side of our struggle to preserve our rights. And a CHL holder? He took the class, he knows what's allowed, and what isn't.

If you are incapable controlling your anger, you have no business carrying a gun. Period.

Quote:
She can't say stupid stuff with her mouth full of sausage.
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Hour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 22:09   #11
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Sounds like justice was served to me.
Old 10-27-2011, 22:19   #12
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael e View Post
If we shot everyone that drove like a jack ass around me I would be the only one left on the road.
Now let's be fair. He did a lot more than drive like a jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael e View Post
. Nonpermit holder exits car with gun in hand exchanges words with man in pickup.
Surely you recognize that.

If OP's simplistic tale of events is accurate the penalty sounds reasonable.

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 10-27-2011 at 22:19..
Warp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 22:20   #13
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hour13 View Post
Ass hats. I'm glad they convicted him, he had his moment for a "clean shoot" and missed it. Then he had an out, and chose instead to elevate the situation.

This is EXACTLY the kind of crap that can put the public on the wrong side of our struggle to preserve our rights. And a CHL holder? He took the class, he knows what's allowed, and what isn't.

If you are incapable controlling your anger, you have no business carrying a gun. Period.

True.

But it sure looks like he won't be carrying a gun anymore. Unfortunately somebody had to DIE before he was removed from society...fortunately the guy who was killed (may he rest in peace) showed that he can't control his anger all that well either

I HIGHLY recommend Google Chrome and Adblock to all world wide web users. (I would have left GT a long time ago without these extensions!)

Last edited by Warp; 10-27-2011 at 22:20..
Old 10-27-2011, 22:53   #14
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp View Post
True.

But it sure looks like he won't be carrying a gun anymore. Unfortunately somebody had to DIE before he was removed from society...fortunately the guy who was killed (may he rest in peace) showed that he can't control his anger all that well either
Ya, no pity here for the dead guy. Somebody pisses you off in traffic, and you step out of your car with a gun?? He got what he deserved. Hell, I'm amazed he made that far in life. And the shooter got what he was due as well.

What irks me, is that a CHL holder did this. Kinda crap that the left wingers just love. MOST of us respect the fact that the gun we carry is for defense, and NOT for retribution. And we try to present ourselves as responsible armed citizens.

Quote:
Quote:
I have no problem charging somebody stark nekid, with a TP tail hanging from my butt... Maybe they'll go to their maker with a smile on their face.
Old 10-27-2011, 22:57   #15
Hour13
Tah-dah!

Yes, he should have shot him. But he should've done it when the guy was approaching, gun in had. Not after he got back into his car.

Difference between defense, and revenge.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-28-2011, 02:00   #16
DWARREN123
Grumpy Old Guy

People need to ease up no matter if carrying or not. This was not good for either.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:13   #17
LongGoneDays
Misanthropical

Well now there is 2 less jackasses on the road at least.
LongGoneDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:18   #18
M1a65

Sounds like a win-win for society getting 2 DB's off the road. Does give CCL a bad name yet again thou...
M1a65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:23   #19
Bruce M

For every "clean shooting," it seems like there is one (or more) where the lines between subject and victim are blurred. Sometimes there are no lines at all. Maybe we need an "affray with a gun" statute.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:03   #20
Warp
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
For every "clean shooting," it seems like there is one (or more) where the lines between subject and victim are blurred.
Media bias most likely