Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 15:00   #1
S.O.Interceptor
Khem-Adam
 
S.O.Interceptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Rock of Eternity
Posts: 3,817
ANOTHER Border Patrol Agent convicted on the word of a drug smugler.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...drug-smuggler/

I wish I could post the article and go line by line through it and rant about each and everything that is wrong with it, but I can't.

The high points are:

15 year old smuggled 150lbs of dope.

He resisted.

Mexican consulate filed a complaint of behalf of the suspect alleging abuse, only a few hours after the arrest(another words before any details were known, they automatically filed due to the mere fact one of their criminals was arrested carrying their dope).

BPA was cleared by both the Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Office of Professional Responsibility.

Mexico pushed for prosecution of the BPA.

A year later the Internal Affairs Division at U.S. Customs and Border Protection ruled differently.

U.S. Attorney gets involved.

Criminal is given immunity to testify.

Admittedly the criminal had no injuries other than from the backpack straps and from carrying 150lbs of dope. Photographs support this.

Another BPA on scene testified that nothing happened.

A couple of probationary BPAs claim to have seen the assault, but say nothing, go out to eat, and then report assault hours later.

Alleged witnesses made contradictory statements and admitted perjuring themselves.

Court took no action on the perjury.

BPA is convicted of "improperly lifting the arms" of the criminal.(What the hell does that even mean? And how is it a deprivation of his rights?)

And of course it's the Western District U.S. Attorney's Office in Texas, AGAIN.

__________________
Rest In Peace Dad! I love you!!!!
Rest In Peace Mom! I love you!!!!
Quote:
And if you have to go H-2-H, unload your holster gun first and rely on your concealed BUG, so that if the nut-job gets your holster gun it will be empty.
S.O.Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 15:55   #2
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO
 
Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas, near the bison.
Posts: 22,974
Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.Interceptor View Post
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...drug-smuggler/

I wish I could post the article and go line by line through it and rant about each and everything that is wrong with it, but I can't.

The high points are:

15 year old smuggled 150lbs of dope.

He resisted.

Mexican consulate filed a complaint of behalf of the suspect alleging abuse, only a few hours after the arrest(another words before any details were known, they automatically filed due to the mere fact one of their criminals was arrested carrying their dope).

BPA was cleared by both the Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Office of Professional Responsibility.

Mexico pushed for prosecution of the BPA.

A year later the Internal Affairs Division at U.S. Customs and Border Protection ruled differently.

U.S. Attorney gets involved.

Criminal is given immunity to testify.

Admittedly the criminal had no injuries other than from the backpack straps and from carrying 150lbs of dope. Photographs support this.

Another BPA on scene testified that nothing happened.

A couple of probationary BPAs claim to have seen the assault, but say nothing, go out to eat, and then report assault hours later.

Alleged witnesses made contradictory statements and admitted perjuring themselves.

Court took no action on the perjury.

BPA is convicted of "improperly lifting the arms" of the criminal.(What the hell does that even mean? And how is it a deprivation of his rights?)

And of course it's the Western District U.S. Attorney's Office in Texas, AGAIN.

I am glad that I don't work there. I do hope everything in the end will turn out OK. Maybe he can sue for damages after he is cleared, be reinstated, transfer to another agency entirely. I heard from one fellow who was down there at Glynco for training sometime before I was there and even one of their own said to him he is better off in our own agency. I thought about working for them when I was younger. I am glad I don't any more.
__________________
Arming with truth defeats ignorance. Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6
"Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Federal
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 20:06   #3
walkin' trails
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,595
I hate to sound like a conspiracy theoricist, but it seems that the last four law enforcement officers in South/West Texas that have been prosecuted for allegedly using "excessive" force against a smuggling suspect have been Hispanic. With further allegations that the Mexican government has pushed for prosecutions, I wonder what the real agenda is all about? Something about all these cases really stinks when you see that these LEOs continue to stand proud and fight their convictions - contrary to those who are convicted on corruption charges....
__________________
Walkin' Trails
NRA Life
SAR
Firearms Instructor
walkin' trails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 20:28   #4
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Newcop761's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: In Existential Crisis
Posts: 4,619


Johnny Sutton's office. He's the one that needs to be investigated.
__________________
Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.--Lucius Annaeus Seneca 'the Younger' (ca. 4 BC-65 AD)
BORDERS.LANGUAGE.CULTURE.
Newcop761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 20:37   #5
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA
 
janice6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 20,115


What a pathetic situation where a foreign government gets US/BPA people put in jail for anything happening on US soil.


Mexico needs a good apology by our Pres.................
__________________
janice6

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 22:17   #6
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO
 
Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas, near the bison.
Posts: 22,974
Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
What a pathetic situation where a foreign government gets US/BPA people put in jail for anything happening on US soil.


Mexico needs a good apology by our Pres.................
With apologies to those good folks in Mexico who are law abiding, Mexico's government needs to be told to, "Stay out of USA domestic law enforcement affairs." If I was in their country and willingly disobeying their laws I know I have an idea what would happen to me. It wouldn't be pretty, and I would be their guest for awhile, in one of their not so nice prisons.
__________________
Arming with truth defeats ignorance. Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6
"Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Federal
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 22:42   #7
COLOSHOOTR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 926
I think it's about time our goverment quits bending over to Mexico. Afterall, we're the ones giving them millions in foreign aid, military/le training and weapons to combat the cartels.... Who needs who here?

So each time they cry about some BS complaint against one of our agants involving their criminals lets cut $1 million in aid so we can use that money to properly investigate the crimes and prosecute those who wronged their citizens. Bet they STFU then!

If we ask them to hand over a Fing Cop killer they won't do it unless we promise to go easy on them and will not allow him to be up for the death penalty or life in prison. Yet one of their CRIMINALS complains on our Law Enforcement and they demand action.... Then our govenment caves. WHAT A FING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sorry sore subject with me a MX citizen killed one of our own then fled to MX and thats what happened).

Better yet I'm all about cutting all ties with that corrupt government, sealing the border up and shooting anyone who crosses.
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

-George Orwell-

Last edited by COLOSHOOTR; 10-28-2011 at 22:47..
COLOSHOOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 22:48   #8
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO
 
Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas, near the bison.
Posts: 22,974
Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOSHOOTR View Post
I think it's about time our goverment quits bending over to Mexico. Afterall, we're the ones giving them millions in foreign aid, military/le training and weapons to combat the cartels...

So each time they ***** they are being wronged lets cut $1 million in aid so we can use that money to properly investigate the crimes and prosecute those who wronged their citizens. Bet they STFU then!

Better yet I'm all about cutting all ties with that corrupt government, sealing the border up and shooting anyone who crosses.
Although I understand the sentiment, that would not necessarily be a good thing. I am all for legal immigration, as long as it is not people who are coming in to undermine our government and our people. Unfortunately being part of the free world comes with certain risks. And, there are still good people down there trying to do what they can do, but I am sure they feel like the boy plugging the finger in the dike to keep everyone from being flooded out.
__________________
Arming with truth defeats ignorance. Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6
"Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Federal
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 22:53   #9
COLOSHOOTR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Although I understand the sentiment, that would not necessarily be a good thing. I am all for legal immigration, as long as it is not people who are coming in to undermine our government and our people. Unfortunately being part of the free world comes with certain risks. And, there are still good people down there trying to do what they can do, but I am sure they feel like the boy plugging the finger in the dike to keep everyone from being flooded out.
I know... I have no issues with the ones that do it legally. Things are also such a mess down there they don't really have the power to deal with the problem. It's just something that really ticks me off since we cave to whatever they want but they will refuse extradition for Cop killers unless once again we do as they want. I just think 5 minutes after our Gov't put their foot down and did something of the sort the MX Gov't would call saying they were very sorry, will give us whatever we want and will beg for us to help them again.
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

-George Orwell-

Last edited by COLOSHOOTR; 10-28-2011 at 22:55..
COLOSHOOTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 22:59   #10
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO
 
Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas, near the bison.
Posts: 22,974
Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLOSHOOTR View Post
I know... I have no issues with the ones that do it legally. Things are also such a mess down there they don't really have the power to deal with the problem. It's just something that really ticks me off since we cave to whatever they want but they will refuse extradition for Cop killers unless once again we do as they want.
I hear you. We have a bunch incarcerated in prison for being caught crossing illegally once too many times. But, they go home courtesy of US transportation, and some come back yet again. It's maddening. I had one tell me about how he was a mule, another how he was a coyote. But, most of these I dealt with were all criminals who came in clandestinely and were later caught. Occasionally we get the one who was just trying to make a living and all of that, and indeed there are those out there. But, if I got caught in some places over there illegally, guess what might happen. I think we need to come up with sterner ways of dealing with illegals regardless of where they come from, and trust me there are a bunch of those from other parts of the world.

The ones who scare me a little bit more now a days are the radical Islamic people who are taking advantage of our system to work it to their advantage, in order to increase themselves in given areas of the country in order to take over and make it like it is at their home country.
__________________
Arming with truth defeats ignorance. Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6
"Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Federal
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.

Last edited by Hack; 10-28-2011 at 23:00..
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:21   #11
G23
Senior Member
 
G23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: MO
Posts: 319
I don't see what you're all complaining about. After all, Eric Holder is on the job protecting us all. He and his buddy Obummer will stand up for truth, justice, and the American way of life!
__________________
"There are few problems in life that can't be solved by the application of high speed lead projectiles."
G23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 18:50   #12
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Newcop761's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: In Existential Crisis
Posts: 4,619


Quote:
Originally Posted by G23 View Post
I don't see what you're all complaining about. After all, Eric Holder is on the job protecting us all. He and his buddy Obummer will stand up for truth, justice, and the American way of life!
The American way of life is bad. Americans have and consume too much. Maobama is really more of a world citizen type thinker.

/sarcasm

__________________
Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.--Lucius Annaeus Seneca 'the Younger' (ca. 4 BC-65 AD)
BORDERS.LANGUAGE.CULTURE.
Newcop761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 00:49   #13
collim1
Shower Time!
 
collim1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 10,455
I went to the academy with a former border patrol agent. That agency is a mess, I coudn't imagine trying to work for them.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 00:58   #14
Hack
Gold Membership
Crazy CO
 
Hack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas, near the bison.
Posts: 22,974
Send a message via AIM to Hack Send a message via Yahoo to Hack
Quote:
Originally Posted by G23 View Post
I don't see what you're all complaining about. After all, Eric Holder is on the job protecting us all. He and his buddy Obummer will stand up for truth, justice, and the American way of life!
You drinking the kool aid?
__________________
Arming with truth defeats ignorance. Jesus said, "I Am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6
"Opinions expressed in this article are those of the author
and do not necessarily represent the opinions of the Federal
Bureau of Prisons or the Department of Justice."
In God we trust, all others we monitor.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:05.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 597
133 Members
464 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31