Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2011, 00:45   #1
nec7890

Best load for Savage 210

Any body have any experience with the Savage 210. I'm going to be sighting it in this weekend and wanted to know what rounds shoot the best in it. Looking at Hornady SST, Remington AccuTip Bonded, and Winchester Dual Bonded. Trying to save a few dollars figuring out what shoots best and then sighting it in. All help is appreciated.
nec7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:26   #2
sourdough44

No I don't have that gun, but they get great reviews. Maybe just get the scope close with cheaper options(saboted slugs) then test fire a few types & whatever shoots best go with those. Once you see what shoots best you can fine tune the scope(or irons) with those. I'd also do initial testing at 50 yards until you get a favorite.
sourdough44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 22:53   #3
ctaggart

I have witnessed a 3 shot cloverleaf with the SST from a Mossberg 12 gauge. Take that for what it's worth.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:54   #4
noway

All shogtuns are finicky when it comes to ammo. One brand that does wonder in one gun, can be horrible in the next.

What are shooting or restrict to shoot? sabot/bullet slugs ( foster brenneke style )?

I would buy a bunch of everthing that I can get my hands on. Get a roll or bag of sand, and buy a few targets. Try them all and only after this action, then select the top 2 brand.

I'm using brenneke original magnum ( 75mm 1oz ) out of a 12ga with 4x Nikon scope on a 870 super express with a hasting cantilever bbl 24" . That's my deer or bear gun if I was to hunt with a 12ga non-buck-shot load. This load is good for me to 100yards in my hands and with my eyes. It's milder in recoil, when compared to some other brands.

I've also used the remington 1 1/16oz sabot and buck-hammer with various deg of success.

fwiw,

I found that most rifling slugs do not improve out of rifled bbls. So each to his own and YMMV
noway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 13:41   #5
dryfly
Platinum Membership

I am shooting winchester sabots (13 bucks for a box of 5) out of my 870. I too have the rifled cantilever barrel scoped with a Leupold....This gun is super accurate with them sabots....Bummer is I just filled my firearms tag with my muzzleloader so my shotgun stays in the closet this year unles I go out of state....
dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 15:53   #6
JPP

no experience with that gun, but Lightfield Hybred sabots group unbelievably in my Remington 1187.
I used to pay $9.99 or less for a box of them (stocked up when they were on sale). They are now one of the most expensive sabots on the market. But they shoot fantastic!!! They sure knock the snot out of deer too.
http://www.basspro.com/Lightfield-Hy...t/22051/130899
I have taken 15 deer with these sabots. Highly recommend them.