SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-03-2011, 13:56   #1
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

What about Glock29 Long Slide???

I know that they make the G-20 LS, but I would like to see a Long Slide made for the Glock 29 along with full support chambered 6" barrels especially for 10mm and 9x25Dillon!

Seeing that many of you guys are having issues with the stock G-20's and also problems with the Long Slides in particular, maybe the Glock-29 might be a good platform for the long slide operation...

It may not happen but it would be something I would consider!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 15:32   #2
Burien

Over Turkey day I'll have a full size slide to play with, this is what I got so far...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1370868
Burien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 15:49   #3
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

If you don't already have a '29, but want a "'29LS", (or the closest thing you can reasonably get to it), I'd just get a '20 and chop the grip down to '29 dimensions.
Old 11-03-2011, 16:02   #4
G29SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by post-apocalyptic View Post
If you don't already have a '29, but want a "'29LS", (or the closest thing you can reasonably get to it), I'd just get a '20 and chop the grip down to '29 dimensions.

Funny, I was going to say the same thing... except for the chopping the grip.

Sub-compact concealability and Long Slide don't really go together. If you are going to temporarily "give up" the concealability aspect while you are shooting Long Slide, the full-length grip of the G20 should not be a problem.
G29SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 16:23   #5
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

Wouldn't that be like making a limo out of extended length MG midgets?
Old 11-03-2011, 17:10   #6
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Quote:
Originally Posted by post-apocalyptic View Post
I don't have the G-20 yet...I have seen a G-20 cut down and shaped like the 29's. I don't like basterdizing any guns from their original form like that or even stippling for that matter.

But for hunting and target work I would consider the G-29 wearing the Long Slide and barrel arrangement to fill my needs. If no one makes a LS for the 29, I'll just have to make do!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 20:47   #7
MarineHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29SF View Post
Funny, I was going to say the same thing... except for the chopping the grip.

Sub-compact concealability and Long Slide don't really go together. ...
Me too. It sounds like a lifted Porsche Boxter with 38-inch mud tires.
MarineHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:16   #8
G29SF

I was pricing a new Long Slide for my G20SF from LWD. After the slide and all the parts that go into the slide, I think the total cost was around $500.00. I assume if someone did make a Long Slide for the G29, the total cost would be around the same. For not much more money, you could buy a G20. My guess is the length of the G20 slide is approximately what the length of the "theoretical" G29 Long Slide would be (if someone made one). In other words, the G20 "is" a Long Slide G29... minus the shorter grip.

Now, what would be difference between the G20 and the "theoretical" G29 Long Slide? The grip length. Well, I am guessing you are not going to conceal carry the "Long Slide", so using the G20 with the longer grip length should be OK.

Want to shoot the "Long Slide" G29? Shoot the G20.

Want to conceal carry? Bring the G29.

If you are able to conceal the "Long Slide", you should be able to conceal a G20.

IMHO, my reasons are proably why there is no "Long Slide" on the market for the G29.

...but that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.
G29SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:51   #9
ruger rcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29SF View Post
I was pricing a new Long Slide for my G20SF from LWD. After the slide and all the parts that go into the slide, I think the total cost was around $500.00. I assume if someone did make a Long Slide for the G29, the total cost would be around the same. For not much more money, you could buy a G20. My guess is the length of the G20 slide is approximately what the length of the "theoretical" G29 Long Slide would be (if someone made one). In other words, the G20 "is" a Long Slide G29... minus the shorter grip.

Now, what would be difference between the G20 and the "theoretical" G29 Long Slide? The grip length. Well, I am guessing you are not going to conceal carry the "Long Slide", so using the G20 with the longer grip length should be OK.

Want to shoot the "Long Slide" G29? Shoot the G20.

Want to conceal carry? Bring the G29.

If you are able to conceal the "Long Slide", you should be able to conceal a G20.

IMHO, my reasons are proably why there is no "Long Slide" on the market for the G29.

...but that is just my opinion, I could be wrong.

i agree 100%, besides i like the look of these the way they are. just my opinion as well.
Attached Thumbnails
The 10 Ring - Click for larger version  
ruger rcm is offline   Reply With Quote