Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-09-2011, 00:18   #1
jojo_got_mojo

NFA Trust (Texas)

I am interested in setting up a NFA Trust to purchase a SBR and a couple of suppressors, and possibly more Class III items in the future. Do any of you fellow Texans out there have a Lawyer or Law Firm that you would recommend? Possibly one that won't charge me an arm and a leg. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
jojo_got_mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 00:28   #2
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo_got_mojo View Post
I am interested in setting up a NFA Trust to purchase a SBR and a couple of suppressors, and possibly more Class III items in the future. Do any of you fellow Texans out there have a Lawyer or Law Firm that you would recommend? Possibly one that won't charge me an arm and a leg. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
Tagged for interest.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 00:31   #3
smoke14me

I have a NFA trust and mine was done by Sean Cody. He is not just another attorney, he is also a Firearms enthusiast. Here is his web page [URL]http://www.texasnfatrust.com/[/URL]
smoke14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:17   #4
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Good lead, thanks!
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:38   #5
smoke14me

One quick warning though! Once you start in the NFA game it gets addictive and expensive. I have my SBR being cerakoted now, along with its suppressor. I will get to take it out for the first time shooting when I get back to the states in a few days. Also I started out with one supressor, and each one I buy makes me want to get another one for a different caliber.
smoke14me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:56   #6
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke14me View Post
Also I started out with one supressor, and each one I buy makes me want to get another one for a different caliber.
Dont they make adapters for different calibers on the same suppressor?
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 18:49   #7
Haldor
Retired EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3975 View Post
Dont they make adapters for different calibers on the same suppressor?
Yes and no.

You can use a center fire suppressor on rimfire, but it is not a good idea to do so if it is not user serviceable (the can will fill up with lead). Plus a rimfire suppressor is normally quite a bit smaller and lighter than a centerfire suppressor. Obviously using a rimfire suppressor on a center fire pistol would be a huge mistake.

A rifle suppressor is designed to minimize blow-back which is an unpleasant fact of life with suppressed rifles. In addition full power rifle rounds will grenade a pistol suppressor (they are not designed to handle the pressure). People shooting pistol suppressors on rifles are normally shooting subsonic ammo.

I recently got my first suppressor and am really enjoying it. I have the bug and plan on seeing if I can get my Marlin Papoose converted to integral suppressed. I haven't found anyone who will do it yet, but I have seen examples of this so obviously somebody is doing it.
Guys! Guys! He's down! Stop kicking him! If he shows up on another thread, Tasers are indicated, but for now, let him slink off into the shadows to lick his wounds and ponder how deeply cool and misunderstood he is!
Hoot nred Mrs. Vr.

Last edited by Haldor; 11-14-2011 at 18:52..
Haldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31   #8
smilner01

Sean Cody is working on my trust right now. He called me the next morning after I emailed him, nice guy to talk to. very informative website http://www.texasnfatrust.com/
smilner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:32   #9
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilner01 View Post
Sean Cody is working on my trust right now. He called me the next morning after I emailed him, nice guy to talk to. very informative website http://www.texasnfatrust.com/

Great guy to work with!!