Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-11-2011, 13:51   #1
Trigger Finger

New kind of Knife.

I got this from a fellow officer. This thing could blow you up like the Pop-n-Fresh Doughboy. Staying aware of what's out there is half the battle!!
Stay Safe.

Officer Safety Item

Officers should be aware of this knife.

You might survive a stab wound with an ordinary knife, but this one would be fatal. It delivers CO2 into the body at 800 PSI.
It freezes all the organs the gas reaches and causes massive damage.
The knife is available for $499.99 on the internet.

http://www.waspknife.com/

"This weapon injects a freezing cold ball of compressed gas, approximately the size of a basketball, at 800psi nearly instantly. The effects of this injection will drop many of the world's largest land predators.

The effects of the compressed gas not only cause over-inflation during ascent when used underwater, but also freezes all tissues and organs surrounding the point of injection on land or at sea.
When used underwater, the injected gas carries the predator to the surface BEFORE blood is released into the water. Thus giving the diver added protection by diverting other potential predators to the surface."

New Video!
WASP Knife vs. Watermelon
Click Here to View

Cop Talk

Click to Enlarge
WASP Injector Knife
Model A/12-N (w/ Sheath)

Land / Water Use Approx. 13.5 oz. (loaded) Surgical Stainless Steel Holds up to a 24g Gas Cartridge with the use of the Max Adapter Length: 11 1/4" (5 1/4" Blade) Reloads quickly on land or underwater.
Protected by U.S. Patent No. 7,331,108
Courtesy of:

Detroit Police Department
Investigative Resource Center/MI HIDTA

Cop Talk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Trigger Finger; 11-11-2011 at 13:52..
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 14:00   #2
jellis11
Yippee-ki-yay

wow. Definitely not going to get in anymore knife fights!
jellis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 14:51   #3
blueiron
Clown move, bro

An interesting weapon, but its potential lies as a weapon for an assassination style of killing or an anti shark weapon for divers.

The OSA has a bit of hyperbole in stating that the expanding C02 is going to freeze all organs it comes in contact with. The gas temperature is at its lowest point upon initial release. The properly sharpened blade is going to cause more damage than the gas will.

The gas is not going to prevent blood from being released, underwater or not. It cannot cauterize the incision. The video itself shows a ton of splashback when triggered. The human body is not a sealed bag that will expand when filled with a significant volume of gas - ala Kanaga in the James Bond movie 'Live and Let Die'.

Bastard! - TBO
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 15:09   #4
Trigger Finger

You are correct, blueiron. But I think that being stabbed is bad enough, then injecting air rapidly into the wound would cause double or triple the amount of damage. I think that the rapidly injected air could also cause allot of Hydro Static shock.

Just food for thought!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 15:16   #5
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

Doesn't really change my existing policy of shooting all *******s coming at me with knives.

Interesting find though.
"No amount of indoctrination or textbook learning will in themselves develop more than efficient mediocrity. Operations should be handled with a combination of force, subtlety, shrewdness, guile, and knowledge born of actual experience." - DF
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 16:07   #6
Atomic Punk

that knife has been on the market for years. still very cool though. first saw it about 6 years ago i think. a few years ago there was a puffed up group in europe trying to make a fuss about street gangs potentially using them. would be very bad for anything that got stabbed by one. but $500 is a lot to spend in a knife for the average thug i think.
Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 16:33   #7
Glockdude1
CLM Number 185
Federal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Punk View Post
that knife has been on the market for years. still very cool though. first saw it about 6 years ago i think. a few years ago there was a puffed up group in europe trying to make a fuss about street gangs potentially using them. would be very bad for anything that got stabbed by one. but $500 is a lot to spend in a knife for the average thug i think.

The knives are not new. They are very expensive.

Old 11-11-2011, 16:44   #8
Breadman03

Send a message via Skype™ to Breadman03
Not new, but relatively unknown outside of the diving community.

Wants a G41
Breadman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 16:49   #9
A6Gator

Back in the day, just after the earth cooled, when I was on active-duty, we had Farallon shark darts that looked more like a big hypodermic needle and a CO2 cartridge w/a handle (or on a stick, like a bangstick), than a knife like this one. Depending where it was poked, it would displace internal organs and immediately changed the buoyancy equation.

While you always have to head's up for anyone w/a blade, I agree, $500 is probably more than the average knucklehead is going to spring for a single weapon. On the street, he could probably pick up 2 or 3 stolen guns for that, and they're much less personal...

Last edited by A6Gator; 11-12-2011 at 10:41..
A6Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:48   #10
The Hawk

Nasty weapon for sure. Another reason to practice the 21 foot rule when encountering anyone with a knife.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 17:02   #11
ArmaGlock
Glock Armorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
Nasty weapon for sure. Another reason to practice the 21 foot rule when encountering anyone with a knife.
Yes, but we are being trained back to 25 feet, and it will continue to increase and it should.
-Florida Glockers/1911 Club/Black Rifle/Tactical Shotgun #491/G1 Niners #140

"There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men." Edmund Burke
ArmaGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 18:14   #12
nitesite10mm
Dog Lover

This is certainly interesting but it really doesn't worry me any more than any other knife weilding attacker. Thanks, though, for the heads up.
in no particular order.........
nitesite10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00   #13
Orlando Eric

I saw the big LEO Alert they sent around. As others have pointed out this has been around for years and it really is not that much of a big deal. ANY edged weapon is scary and really fast. It is a contact weapon and not nearly as scary as all the cellphone guns, cane swords, handlebar shotguns etc out there. Hell a bamboo/wood AIDS infected dart shot through a plastic straw is scarier.. and they can readily make that in the joint.