Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:03   #1
PrecisionRifleman

Lone Wolf 6.02"

After doing some research on which after market barrel to get for my G20SF I decided on the Lone Wolf 6.02". For the time being I plan on using the stock recoil spring, but I'd appreciate hearing from those of you who have used this barrel with the stock spring (any malfunctions?) so I know whether or not I need to go ahead and order a different spring.

My intentions are to shoot about 500-1k rounds using the stock spring so I get some use out of it before I replace it with a 22lb ISMI spring along with the lone wolf SS guide rod. Any advice is appreciated.

G20SF
Gen4 G23

Last edited by PrecisionRifleman; 11-15-2011 at 01:07..
PrecisionRifleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:26   #2
21Carrier
Until I Gota 29

I got one to use in my Lone Wolf G20LS. I have been VERY disappointed. Everything about the barrel is perfect except for the most important part: the chamber support. The fit is perfect, the function is perfect, and the chamber is tight. However, the support in the feed ramp area is equal to or worse than my stock G29 barrel. It appears to me that someone at LWD used a grinder to open up my chamber. I think they knew it was going to be used in conjunction with my G20LS slide, and they wanted it to feed well (in an effort to make me happy with the complete package). Well, unfortunately for them, I am probably the ONLY customer that EXPECTED some feeding issues. I figured I would have to do some chamber work myself, and wanted maximum support. Well, instead I got a barrel with marginal support that feeds 100%. I've gotten smiles with loads about 1.5gr lower than loads that are fine in my STOCK G29 barrel. This barrel is not for me. Someone who wants perfect reliability needs this one. I want one with good support, or a Glock barrel so I can measure brass expansion.

Other than the ramp support, it's been great. Accuracy is amazing with the long sight radius. Like I said, feeding has been 100%. It would have been perfect if it had full support like their website says. If I had to do it over, I'd order a Glock 6" (so I can read my brass expansion), or if you want an aftermarket barrel, a Storm Lake/KKM. If you go with LWD (and TONS of people are totally happy with their LWD barrels), I would be sure to specify that they send you one with full support.
21Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:30   #3
PrecisionRifleman

The chamber support appears to be pretty good from video's I have looked at on Youtube, and I was really impressed at the velocity increases. Thanks for sharing.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
Old 11-15-2011, 01:44   #4
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

I've got a Tenifer-treated, hammer-forged with polygonal rifling, factory finished ~6" Glock Hunter barrel. It's performed fuuckin beautifully. I think I made a better choice.

ymmv.

Last edited by post-apocalyptic; 11-15-2011 at 01:46..
post-apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:55   #5
PrecisionRifleman

I considered buying the Glock 6" hunter, but the Lone Wolf made more sense with me being a hand loader. I like the ability to use a wider range of bullet types. Glad your happy with your purchase.

G20SF
Gen4 G23
Old 11-15-2011, 02:19   #6
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
I considered buying the Glock 6" hunter, but the Lone Wolf made more sense with me being a hand loader. I like the ability to use a wider range of bullet types. Glad your happy with your purchase.
In the vast majority of cases; "full-power 10mm is dangerous! " is over-exagerrated bullsh1t. Full-power fires without any problems or brass-deformation out of a Glock 6" barrel.

I prefer the Glock barrels because they are the most durable, provide the highest velocity to rounds fired through them, (due to the rifling), and have an unmatched finish from the factory.
Old 11-15-2011, 19:06   #7
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by post-apocalyptic View Post
In the vast majority of cases; "full-power 10mm is dangerous! " is over-exagerrated bullsh1t. Full-power fires without any problems or brass-deformation out of a Glock 6" barrel.

I prefer the Glock barrels because they are the most durable, provide the highest velocity to rounds fired through them, (due to the rifling), and have an unmatched finish from the factory.
I didn't say anything about dangerous full power loads or brass deformation in a Glock 6" barrel. My reasons for buying the 6" Lone Wolf are as I stated previously; I handload and I want to fire a wide variety of bullets (including LEAD which is not SAFE to fire in a STOCK Glock barrel). Additionally I like that I can get a really nice increase in velocity using a 6" barrel which is a feature not exclusive to any specific manufacturer.

Edit: post-apocalyptic, "I realize that many here do, but if you don't reload, there's no point whatsoever to aftermarket barrels imo" http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1375682

G20SF
Gen4 G23

Last edited by PrecisionRifleman; 11-15-2011 at 21:22..
Old 11-15-2011, 22:43   #8
blastfact

Send it back! My 5.15? tacticool barrel is sweet. Locks up hard. Great feed ramp with only slight breaks in the rattle factor chamber relief work on the bottom third of the chamber for feed. It also has a great leading edge for the brass to head space off of and the ability to load tune to the lands and grooves.

It's down right sad to have to buy a after market barrel to get a chamber and tube = to or better than say my 9VE or M&P .45 chamber and barrel.

I wish you could buy a Glock less barrel.
blastfact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 22:58   #9
post-apocalyptic
magnifi ba$tard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
...My reasons for buying the 6" Lone Wolf are as I stated previously; I handload and I want to fire a wide variety of bullets (including LEAD which is not SAFE to fire in a STOCK Glock barrel)...
Hard-cast lead bullets are safe to fire out of Glock barrels. Even soft lead bullets are safe to fire out of a Glock barrel so long as you clean the barrel after every range session. To better cover their as$es, Glock prefers to warn against firing any lead bullets from their pistols, but unless you're negligent, it's not dangerous.

Last edited by post-apocalyptic; 11-15-2011 at 23:00..
post-apocalyptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 18:49   #10
PrecisionRifleman

Got the barrel in today, and right on time for my deer hunt tomorrow! Pictures attached.

G20SF
Gen4 G23

Last edited by PrecisionRifleman; 11-29-2011 at 21:16..
Old 11-18-2011, 19:56   #11
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

Looks great, hope it runs as good as it looks! Good luck on the hunt!
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 21:12   #12
PrecisionRifleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Looks great, hope it runs as good as it looks! Good luck on the hunt!
Thanks,

I hope it works out well also. I will post a follow up when I get back from the hunt and have had a chance to shoot it.

G20SF
Gen4 G23