Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-16-2011, 19:21   #1
OldLawman

Problems with AT-84S (CZ clone)

A friend has asked me to help him diagnosing a problem. He has a AT-84S, the Swiss clone of the CZ-75.
According to him. the gun will hand-cycle an entire magazine - feed, eject, extract. When he fires it live, after the first shot, the empty case is partially extracted, and the next round tries to feed - a classic double feed.
The extractor hook and ejector are not broken or chipped, and the extractor feels like it has enough tension when pushing a live round from underneath.

Any help ?
OldLawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 22:48   #2
GAFinch

Probably the recoil spring.
GAFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 15:10   #3
HAMMERHEAD

Sounds like weak ammo or lack of lubrication.
HAMMERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 18:47   #4
chris in va

I had the same exact issue with my 75BD. Fired case would get hung up on the incoming round's case mouth.

Two things fixed it for me. MecGar mags, and taper crimping everything fed through the gun. I even tried using a 10% Wolff mag spring to no avail. The MecGar spring is stronger.
chris in va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:26   #5
B.Reid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris in va View Post
I had the same exact issue with my 75BD. Fired case would get hung up on the incoming round's case mouth.

Two things fixed it for me. MecGar mags, and taper crimping everything fed through the gun. I even tried using a 10% Wolff mag spring to no avail. The MecGar spring is stronger.
Better than a taper crimp, I started using the "Lee Carbide factory crimp die" this has solved most of my feeding problems with my reloads. If you have tight chambers you really need to run your loads through this die.

Earth has always been a dangerous place to live. Be prepared!
B.Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:12   #6
Bret
Crimping Master

OldLawman, please let us know exacty what ammo your friend is shooting. This is critical for us to help determine the cause of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Reid View Post
Better than a taper crimp, I started using the "Lee Carbide factory crimp die" this has solved most of my feeding problems with my reloads. If you have tight chambers you really need to run your loads through this die.
The OP didn't indicate that his friend was shooting reloads. Regardless, I have several CZ's and have been reloading successfully for them for years. I use a regular taper crimp die. If you have to use a Lee FCD to post size your cases in order to get them to work in your CZ, something is wrong. Either your CZ's chamber is under spec. or something is wrong in your reloading process. I realize that this is kind of off topic and I'm not trying to start a debate, but I didn't want the OP to think this was a potential solution to his problem. At the same time, if it works for you and you're happy, then consider my advice worth what it cost you.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:44   #7
B.Reid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
OldLawman, please let us know exacty what ammo your friend is shooting. This is critical for us to help determine the cause of the problem.

The OP didn't indicate that his friend was shooting reloads. Regardless, I have several CZ's and have been reloading successfully for them for years. I use a regular taper crimp die. If you have to use a Lee FCD to post size your cases in order to get them to work in your CZ, something is wrong. Either your CZ's chamber is under spec. or something is wrong in your reloading process. I realize that this is kind of off topic and I'm not trying to start a debate, but I didn't want the OP to think this was a potential solution to his problem. At the same time, if it works for you and you're happy, then consider my advice worth what it cost you.
I never had the issue with the CZ but with match grade chambers, but now I factory crimp all my autoloader brass. It just make things work 100%.

Earth has always been a dangerous place to live. Be prepared!
B.Reid is offline   Reply With Quote