SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-30-2011, 20:25   #1
glock2740
Gun lover.

Anyone own the Thunder Ranch Mossberg?

I already have an 870 HD shotty, but this would go really well with my Thunder Ranch Les Baer 1911.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/77468
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 16:01   #2
fkizdi

looks ok
didnt know thunder ranch was teaming with mossberg. i always though clint smith was an 870 guy.
Old 12-01-2011, 16:09   #3
smokin762

I don’t understand why it has a lock busting attachment. I would think this model is for Home Defense. Not for breaking into a home. I would rather have a Ghost Ring sights on it than that muzzle attachment.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Lame!<o:p></o:p>
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 16:14   #4
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Because of the Chicks Dig It points.......Mossberg's putting the breaching attachment on half their shotguns these days because idiots think it looks cool.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 16:47   #5
ArmoryDoc

That breaching device is lame. Completely impractical unless you are on an entry team.
ArmoryDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 17:03   #6
B Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Because of the Chicks Dig It points.......Mossberg's putting the breaching attachment on half their shotguns these days because idiots think it looks cool.
Well stated. Mossberg should be ashamed of themselves.

bc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
B Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 17:08   #7
Providence

I've been thinking about the TR model well. My local store has it for $350. I need a little shorter LOP (I am short), and this would keep from spending the money on a new stock. I have an unused pistol light, so I could attach it to the side rail. No extra money there either. The breacher doesn't interest me, but apparently Clint Smith has a retention technique that uses the breacher.
Georgia Club Member #106
Tactical Shotgun Club #58
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 17:10   #8
MedicOni

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Coyote View Post
Well stated. Mossberg should be ashamed of themselves.

bc
I see nothing to be ashamed about on Mossberg's part. They probably only do it because they make money on it. Plenty of idiots out there.

NR-P, NM EMT-P, TX, EMT-P, FP-C
MedicOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 17:13   #9
smokin762

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Well, I am into it if it makes the chicks cloths fall off.
Old 12-01-2011, 17:20   #10
B Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicOni View Post
I see nothing to be ashamed about on Mossberg's part. They probably only do it because they make money on it. Plenty of idiots out there.
Feeding the idiots is something to be ashamed of.

bc

Old 12-01-2011, 17:25   #11
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

I'd rather have the 20" barrel and full length mag tube.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 21:16   #12
mr.scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Coyote View Post
Feeding the idiots is something to be ashamed of.

bc
It's a business. You cater to what people want. That's how you stay in business.
If you dont like it, don't buy it.
mr.scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 23:42   #13
PlasticGuy

Looks good to me. I wish they had built it around the 590a1, but that would make it more expensive.

There sure is a lot of hate toward those "breacher" attachments. I don't understand why. Of course the idea of a normal home owner breaching doors is stupid. It is a good choice for muzzle strikes though, and it protects the muzzle if the gun is dropped or the muzzle impacts something when moving in confined areas.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:46   #14
Landlocked

Not one person said that they actually owned one in this thread. Well I bought one (yet to receive it from Buds) for a number of reasons. This will be a home defense shotgun period. I wanted to mossberg 500 because of the controls. The shorter length of pull appealed to me without buying a new stock and it comes standard with this model. The front sight I wanted, would also have been an extra expense I didn't want to invest in. The finish wasn't "blued". Comes with sling and a forend with a way to attach a light without spending money on a surefire forend. The price was right about in line with what you are getting and is above their economy models they sell that has no metal forearm tube. The balance of a 6 shot model feels better to me than a 20" barrel with a long magazine tube.

Things I can live with that I wouldn't have bought on my own, the logo on the receiver and the breacher barrel. Does it bother me about the barrel? Not at all, but the extras you get on the shotgun, at least for me, outweighed passing on this model. I am pretty sure that the barrel will shoot like a non breacher barrel.

I will be happy to give a full review when I actually get it.
Landlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:13   #15
smokin762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landlocked View Post
Not one person said that they actually owned one in this thread. Well I bought one (yet to receive it from Buds) for a number of reasons. This will be a home defense shotgun period. I wanted to mossberg 500 because of the controls. The shorter length of pull appealed to me without buying a new stock and it comes standard with this model. The front sight I wanted, would also have been an extra expense I didn't want to invest in. The finish wasn't "blued". Comes with sling and a forend with a way to attach a light without spending money on a surefire forend. The price was right about in line with what you are getting and is above their economy models they sell that has no metal forearm tube. The balance of a 6 shot model feels better to me than a 20" barrel with a long magazine tube.

Things I can live with that I wouldn't have bought on my own, the logo on the receiver and the breacher barrel. Does it bother me about the barrel? Not at all, but the extras you get on the shotgun, at least for me, outweighed passing on this model. I am pretty sure that the barrel will shoot like a non breacher barrel.

I will be happy to give a full review when I actually get it.
I bought my Mossberg 500A new back in the early 1990’s. It has an 8 shot magazine and I added the heat shield and side saddle because I picked them up cheap at a gun show. I still wish it had Ghost Ring sights. A friend and I traded butt stocks. I put a 590 stock on it because I needed the extra length of pull. He needed a shorter stock for his 590.

Tactical Shotguns <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Last edited by smokin762; 12-05-2011 at 09:18..
Old 12-05-2011, 16:46   #16
fkizdi

i had no problem with mossberg's production 'accessories' they put on some of their shotguns UNTIL I saw the chainsaw grip on a shot show vid...and then saw it in their catalog. ridiculous
Old 12-05-2011, 23:12   #17
B Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.scott View Post
It's a business. You cater to what people want. That's how you stay in business.
If you dont like it, don't buy it.
No worries about that.

bc

Old 12-06-2011, 09:45   #18
arrtvandelay

I actually own one of these. It is my first shotgun, but I definitely didn't buy it just for the breacher barrel. I bought it b/c it came already equipped with the 2 mods I would have made to any other HD shotgun I was considering. It had rails for a light on the forend and came with a sling. Call me an idiot, but it was nice to get that all in one package.

As far as the gun goes, I certainly enjoyed the 25 shells I put through it last weekend. My shoulder did not, but that's to be expected. I did get comments on the gun at the range, and all were positive on the breacher barrel. It does look pretty badass, but I only deem it practical as a jabbing weapon after I exhaust the 5-6 shots in the gun. So if I ever have to fight a zombie horde and I'm out if ammo, at least I can jab them in the eye...
arrtvandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 14:46   #19
Providence

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrtvandelay View Post
I actually own one of these. It is my first shotgun, but I definitely didn't buy it just for the breacher barrel. I bought it b/c it came already equipped with the 2 mods I would have made to any other HD shotgun I was considering. It had rails for a light on the forend and came with a sling. Call me an idiot, but it was nice to get that all in one package.
I am seriously thinking about buying one for the same reasons as you.
Georgia Club Member #106
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18
Old 12-18-2011, 16:31   #20
Providence

I picked up a Moss 500 TR. Actually, Santa stopped by and gave it to me. He said, "Say hello to your new little friend!"

I really like it, but I'll admit that I'm a little embarrassed by the breacher barrel. It does look b. a., but it's overboard... too much. So I'm telling my friend about it, he said, "Don't worry about it. It's for poking the bad guy to see if he is dead." That made me feel better!
Georgia Club Member #106
Rimfire Club #193
Snubbie Club #18