SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:18   #1
ULVER
Dixie Rebel

Send a message via Yahoo to ULVER

*Video* So... You Come Across The Homeless Metzger Family & Their "Truck" ?

Bounce one off the ol' man's head and tell him to move it? Call social services?
Write a huge amount of valid tickets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2hzR...layer_embedded

Come back with a big-*** bag of canned soup & toothpaste...

Count your blessings...
In memory of Off. Steven Trindle
In memory of Det. Dennis C. Stepnowski
ULVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:16   #2
John43

We can save all the people of the world and we can't help out own people?
John43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59   #3
merlynusn

Honestly, it would depend on if I found them or if the property owner called. If the property owner called, I'd tell them to move on. If I just found them in a parking lot. I wouldn't do anything and just let them be.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:57   #4
Captain Caveman
a.k.a. DaReaper

I do feel for people who are in this situation. And if I was in a better position myself, I would help as many as I could, but my family comes first.

BTW...The Metzger girl has a better grasp on reality that most adults I've seen in stories like this.
so they went to the polls and removed all doubt.
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 17:24   #5
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

I saw this and the kids are smart well adjusted and I am betting will go far. Dad has them in the library and involved in community theatre.. they will make it I would love to see a follow up in two years
Old 12-01-2011, 19:49   #6
CanIhaveGasCash

I would certainly help a family like that out as much as I could. I feel for a family that is homeless despite their best efforts. It's the homeless people that spend all their money on dope and booze that I don't have any sympathy for.
CanIhaveGasCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 21:34   #7
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by John43 View Post
We can save all the people of the world and we can't help out own people?
Unfortunately, we already help way too many of our own people in my opinion. The problem is the rampant abuse of welfare services that leads to the growth in crimes and the entitlement of the recipients. For too many recipients it becomes a life style and these people don't care to work because the get free money.

You would be amazed if you tagged along with me for a weekend and see that 9 out of 10 people I arrest are either on social security disability, food stamps, and section 8/CHA housing. It's gross. There is no oversight and there is no punishment for abuse. Hood rats can drop their whole monthly check on dope, get arrested, rob, thieve, etc and still not have their government check taken away. They are a plague on our society - yet our society gives them money each month. Idle hands and idle minds aren't a good thing. They don't have to go to work so they come up with stuff to do. Almost every dope dealer I have pinched in the last year has been on food stamps, but they supplement their income with dope sales.

There are definitely people who could use the government help and I am not in favor of tossing it completely out the window. Some of these non criminal families you see in the video that touch your heart can be helped much more if we didn't waste our money on the ghetto rats of our society. At some point these programs have to be about getting people back on their feet. I know generations of families who have lived in CHA housing for free their whole lives.

If American citizens really knew what their tax dollars were going to they would be disgusted. Unfortunately, too many tax payers stay out of the ghetto's and don't fraternize with these types. So many of our crime problems would be solved getting these idiots a job and off the corner/porch every day. Better benefits can be given out to families like these who really need it if we didn't waste it already on the scum of society.

Ok...done with my rant.
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:25   #8
merlynusn

Thats why I think the government should make people work for their unemployment. Do something, whether its picking up trash on the highways or whatever. But do something meaningful. Give them classes for 4 hours and then make them work for 4 hours. Just imagine how few people would be on unemployment or food stamps if they actually had to work 8 hours a day for their assistance.
merlynusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 17:00   #9
Sharky7
Boomshakalaka

Gimme free stuff....

http://youtu.be/bavou_SEj1E
Sharky7 is offline   Reply With Quote