Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:30   #1
JimIsland

Range report with Georgia Arms Hollow Point

I recently picked up a bunch of Ga. Arms ammo at the local Gun/Knife show and headed to the range. I put a bag of 50 though my stock G20 Gen 2 and was very happy with it. I had some excellent groups out to about 20 yards and although he was out of stock on the +P stuff, it felt pretty snappy compared to the American Eagle FMJ I have been using lately.
However, since I have just recently starting saving my brass, I noticed a very small "ding" on the casings about 2/3 the way up. It's very small and doesn't appear to be causing any issues, but just curious what it would look like if I ran some DT or Underwood through it. I'm in the office right now but when I get home I'll snap a pic so you guys can take a look and tell me what's going on. if I had to guess it appears that the casing is making contact on the way out causing the slight "dent". It does sling them over the partition and into the next lane!!

Thanks for any advise guys.
JimIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30   #2
ColGlocker

If by 2/3 of the way up you mean towards the opening (away from the primer) of the casing, it should be ok. I had a similar experience when I first started shooting my 29. Other members of the forum advised me it was ok.

As I understand it, the bulge/Glock smile most people worry about is 2/3 away from the casing opening.

I am sure others will soon follow up, and correct me if I am wrong. lol
ColGlocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:31   #3
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Pretty normal from what you describe. Photos will help to confirm.

Sometimes they get banged a bit with feeding. Other times they smack the edge of the slid during ejection. It doesn't sound like you are describing a Glock smile.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:28   #4
JimIsland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
Pretty normal from what you describe. Photos will help to confirm.

Sometimes they get banged a bit with feeding. Other times they smack the edge of the slid during ejection. It doesn't sound like you are describing a Glock smile.
Thank you. Definately not a Glock smile and the "dent" is opposite the primer end. I believe it is probably happening during ejection since none of my other casings have these marks.

I'm one of those "don't fix it if it ain't broke" kinda guys so I have resisted the urge to add an aftermarket drop in barrel and/or recoil spring. This thing is bone stock except for the Trij. night sights and I would like to leave it that way unless I have to. I would like to send it to Glock and have them freshen it up sooner than later though.
JimIsland is offline   Reply With Quote