Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-02-2011, 18:52   #1
fla2760

Nypd cop fighting for his life and partner freezes

I saw this over at THEE RANT. It will piss you off, thank God for the backup that tuned the perp up the old school way.

http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/46208...partner-killed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2e0EKIgUj5c

here is the direct link, notice that the tittle was changed by the cop haters. It used to read Cop beat up.

Last edited by fla2760; 12-05-2011 at 19:48..
fla2760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 19:48   #2
acpd541

That is unbelievable. That chick needs to be put somewhere safe away from the public and away from other officers at the minimum. Hopefully she is still on probation and they just can her.
Old 12-02-2011, 19:50   #3
Patchman
Florist

Excuse me while I puke...

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 19:52   #4
Trigger Finger

After the suspect was subdued I would hit my POS partner with a blast of pepper spray. Everyone in the division would know what a POS she is!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Trigger Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 19:52   #5
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

I want hold that against anyone, who thought they could hack it and just didn't know, who immediately quits after it happens. What I can't stomach are those who stay on the job after that kind of thing happens.
Old 12-02-2011, 20:03   #6
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

She should resign or be fired for cowardice.
Old 12-02-2011, 20:13   #7
beatcop

She prob isn't a coward, just incompetent. She failed to use a single technique or escalate her force appropriately.
beatcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 20:16   #8
AngryBassets
Jagenden Übel

Thee Rant guys have some wonderful comments regarding this. Cop Talk
AngryBassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 20:21   #9
rudeboy3

Ill refrain from saying anything about the partner because i'm sure you guys got it but I will comment on the absolute moronic crowd. Not one good Samaritan in the crowd and the *real* officers arrived to help I think I heard something to the effect of "you can't hit him like that"wtf is wrong with people?
Old 12-02-2011, 20:35   #10
rookie1

Almost better if she wasn't there, was in the way a little bit. Looks like she called for help and thats about it. We have a female that stayed in the car when another officer was wrestling with someone. She thought he had it under control, which he did in a few seconds but really. I'm the first one to dive in when opportunity arises.

To comment on the previous post. We had a Sgt. about a week and a half ago getting choked out by someone to the point he was unconscious and the guy hit the Sgt's head on the concrete a few times. A few people walked by and a female threatened to call 911 while the Sgt. gasped for air telling her to do so. She called her boyfriend who showed up in a car and parked in front of the Sgt's car with the brake lights on never getting out. She then called 911 after 2 minutes elapsed. Guy was taken into custody a few days ago and charged with attempted murder. I watched the dash cam video at the end of my shift 0700 and could see the 4 or so people walk buy and some nut sack pull out his cell phone to video it. I was furious and could not sleep for a few hours when I got home wondering what the hell is wrong with people. Heres a opportunity to possibly save a life and tune a guy up for free and they keep walking.

Last edited by rookie1; 12-02-2011 at 20:41..
rookie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 20:50   #11
Newcop761
CLM Number 145
Charter Lifetime Member

Is De-Tac at the NYPD academy a gut check? I expect it would be but I've heard of academies that don't teach ground fighting because people get hurt. I've heard about an academy that dropped boxing after a fatality.

Maybe cowardice is overly harsh. Is it possible that she made it through without a gut-check? And is she worth re-training?

Also, I've worked with a couple people that ran away from the fight.
Old 12-02-2011, 21:06   #12
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboy3 View Post
Ill refrain from saying anything about the partner because i'm sure you guys got it
You mean that there's yet another female police officer wandering around who's less than useless in a physical confrontation?

Because that's what I saw on the tape. It looks to me that she's trying to intervene, so I'm not willing to charge her with cowardice. She, like most women, is simply physically incapable of getting the job done using empty hand control.

I'd go with incompetence since she seems incapable of realizing that her puny attempts at empty hand control weren't going to work and she didn't move to an intermediate weapon.

Yeah, yeah, it ain't fair to say it and we all know at least one female cop who can punch above her weight class and that we'd all be happy to have with us in a fight. In my experience for every one female officer who is capable of holding her own in a fight there are four who simply can't. It's not a question of whether or not they know how to perform the defensive tactics techniques. They simply don't have the strength to do it.

I, frankly, would rather be by myself than have one of the four with me. It makes it easier to justify moving up the force continum in order to get the job done.

Last edited by Dukeboy01; 12-02-2011 at 21:25..
Dukeboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 21:38   #13
Ajon412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcop761 View Post
She should resign or be fired for cowardice.
I didn't realize I had high blood pressure, until now.....
Ajon412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 21:38   #14
PinkoCommie
Unusual Member

I won't get into the male/female officer discussion. I don't know if she is useless because she is female. I do know she is useless, though. I've been in fights with awesome cops, both male and female, and I've been in fights with useless t***s, both male and female.

This isn't even a training issue. You don't need ****ing training to kick the ******* who is trying to kill your partner in the head. Several times. And then start elbowing him in the neck. DO SOMETHING. You have a belt with all kinds of tools. You have arms, legs, boots, fists. Jesus ****ing Christ, just DO SOMETHING NOW!

OK... I need a breather. Watching the video was physically stressful. It makes you want to jump in and do something, because watching the "officer" doing nothing is painful. I hope they stuffed that "officer" in the nearest trash can.
This wasn't me... --DaBigBR
I was hauling a large quotient of ass. --Cochese

Last edited by PinkoCommie; 12-02-2011 at 21:42..
PinkoCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 22:04   #15
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

I would not be able to stand there and watch. Although I might be charged with intervening, I'd have to help somehow.

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 22:12   #16
rudeboy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by janice6 View Post
I would not be able to stand there and watch. Although I might be charged with intervening, I'd have to help somehow.
You wouldn't be charged with anything. Hell some places you would be given a medal. Is this the thought around the country? Maybe thats why people stand around and watch.
Old 12-02-2011, 22:17   #17
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkoCommie View Post
I won't get into the male/female officer discussion. I don't know if she is useless because she is female. I do know she is useless, though. I've been in fights with awesome cops, both male and female, and I've been in fights with useless t***s, both male and female.

This isn't even a training issue. You don't need ****ing training to kick the ******* who is trying to kill your partner in the head. Several times. And then start elbowing him in the neck. DO SOMETHING. You have a belt with all kinds of tools. You have arms, legs, boots, fists. Jesus ****ing Christ, just DO SOMETHING NOW!

OK... I need a breather. Watching the video was physically stressful. It makes you want to jump in and do something, because watching the "officer" doing nothing is painful. I hope they stuffed that "officer" in the nearest trash can.
I concur, The Rant seemed to make a lot of it about what sex she is, when it comes down to the basics of what it takes to be a Peace Officer, and that is the ability to do something.

At least in the end when he partner was able to get the upper hand, and drag him by an arm he was able to knock her over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueiron
'..You can lead an ass to facts, but you can't make them think...'
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 22:27   #18
Agent6-3/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkoCommie View Post
No kidding! No excuse for that level of incompetence.

Kudos to the responding officer that got things under control. He blew that MF'er up with some good strikes and gets extra points of knocking the useless "partner" down in the process.
Old 12-02-2011, 22:32   #19
seanmac45
CLM Number 38
Charter Lifetime Member

She needs to be punched square in the snot locker and thrown off the ****ing job.

END of discussion.
Old 12-02-2011, 22:56   #20
blueiron

I have worked with that type of officer before and some had external genitalia and some had the interior versions.

It was well known in my department who they were and if they were assigned to my shift and AO, I specifically made it known to them that if they didn't make what I considered an honest effort in a fight that I was in with a badguy, I'd tune up their ___ with a baseball bat afterwards in the station parking lot.

The only way for a street cop to stop cowardly officers is to confront them directly and make them more terrified of you than they are of the suspects. If they don't like it, they can go into DARE.
blueiron is offline   Reply With Quote