SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-02-2011, 22:52   #1
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Do you support gun control?

What controls, if any do you think we should have legislated upon the citizens of this country?

Please include your rationale in your statement. Thanks.
IhRedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:52   #2
Gunnut 45/454

Why do we need gun control? We have way to much gun control now! I'm for Constitutional carry period! If your legal to own your legal to carry anywhere you wish to carry. If you can afford it buy anything you wish. Why do you want to control guns?
Old 12-03-2011, 10:05   #3
OffRoadTraveler

The only gun control I want to see is the placement of the second shot.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:09   #4
pilsbury

As a poster above stated, there's too much even now. If they continue to chip away at our rights, including our right to own and bear arms, we will fall by the wayside.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:31   #5
Numismatist
5-Stand!

I support gun control that takes guns away from criminals...
Remington 1100 LT Sporting 20 shotgun
Numismatist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:42   #6
OIFx2

I also agree that we should have constitutional carry for the reason stated above. I agree that felons convicted of violent crimes should not be allowed to own firearms as they have lost that right through their own actions. I don't think that we should have to register our firearms, if I am legal to own then it's not their business how many pistols/rifles I have. I agree that we should inform LEO that we are carrying, no need to make their job more stressful than it is.

My view on heavier weapons is mixed... I don't like the idea of your average Joe Nobody having fully automatic weapons or grenade launchers, but I also don't like the idea of the Federal Govenment having the only ones. That would be a difficult issue to figure out/legislate.

Last edited by OIFx2; 12-03-2011 at 10:42..
OIFx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:31   #7
Jerry

Absolutely! Good firm grip, breath, sight picture, squuuueeeezzzzeee. We can get into more detail later but for now practice basic control.

What part of “shall not be infringed don’t people understand? You cannot stop the bad guys from possessing firearms you can only regulate honest men and woman. The founders understood this concept and wrote an amendment to the Constitution FORBIDDING government from INFRINGING on that RIGHT. Every gun control law on the books is illegal.

Quote:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson, quoting Cesare Beccaria.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 12-03-2011 at 13:01..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 11:57   #8
smokeross
GTDS Member #49

If there's a gun around, I wanna control it.

Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies.
smokeross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:06   #9
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

I'm pro freedom. Practically speaking, I don't see a need for the state to limit freedom with respect to firearms.

Self defense is a basic civil-human-natural right.

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:15   #10
smokin762

The only thing most laws do is just keep the good citizen in control and turns them into criminals at some point. The bad person just isnít interested in anybodyís rights or laws. They will do darn well what they please whenever they want. Thatís why they are criminals.

Myself, I want fewer laws not more.

BTW, donít forget using the breathing technique before pulling the trigger and if your target shooting, pull the trigger and keep the trigger back and then release it after a second. This helps.
smokin762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 13:32   #11
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Sorry for the missunderstanding

Quote:
Why do you want to control guns?
Gunnut 45/454

I never stated my own position, so why would you assume I am for gun control?

I did not state my view on gun control because I did not want to slant the approach of the posters.
Old 12-03-2011, 15:55   #12
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhRedrider View Post
Gunnut 45/454

I never stated my own position, so why would you assume I am for gun control?

I did not state my view on gun control because I did not want to slant the approach of the posters.

Because itís usually the wackoís that want gun control that come to gun boards and ask questions like.. ďDo you support gun control?Ē. They are usually fishing/trolling. Many of us are now gun shy and assume the worst. As you can see most here donít think very much of gun control and even less of those that support it.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 12-03-2011, 16:02   #13
TheJ
Lifetime Membership
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Because it’s usually the wacko’s that want gun control that come to gun boards and ask questions like.. “Do you support gun control?”. They are usually fishing/trolling. Many of us are now gun shy and assume the worst. As you can see most here don’t think very much of gun control and even less of those that support it.
This. Plus the fact that you posted this thread withlonely one other post ever. Those two things combine to look pretty suspicious.

The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function. -F. Scott Fitzgerald
TheJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 18:27   #14
dcc12

Other than being responsible for every bullet that leaves any gun you fire single shot full auto SBS, SBR that's about it.
dcc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 19:02   #15
Cambo

I look at it this way, if a criminal can use anything to kill another person - blade, car, hatchet, etc., and these items aren't controlled, then guns shouldn't be either. When someone says "You can't kill a lot of people with a machete." I show them the story in the Philippines where a psycho killed 16 people in 2 minutes in a crowded marketplace or one of the ones out of China where sickos killed 8 school children with butcher knives.
Old 12-03-2011, 19:54   #16
SixkillerEnterprises

I think that it should be illegal to hold a gun sideways while you shoot it "gangsta style".

.... unless the barrel is pointed at yourself.
SixkillerEnterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 21:31   #17
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Fair enough on the suspicious look of my post.

I asked the question with the hopes that anyone who admitted that they feel that there is a need to limit or control any other free mans rights is in favor of gun control. Maybe in a limited sense, but they are pro gun control.

Since I have not revealed my stand, here it is.

I believe that the 2nd amendment is very clear. I am pro freedom.

Gun control is a liberal lie. What we need is self control. And when a man is unwilling or incapable of exercising self control, it is the rest of our responsibility to show said offender that we will not tolerate his lack of self control.

Sorry if I offended anyone with the ambiguity of my OP, that was not my intent. And to anyone offended by this post, NMP (not my problem).
Old 12-04-2011, 00:25   #18
Jerry

No offense taken here. Glad to have you on our side.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 12-04-2011, 11:35   #19
Gunnut 45/454

IhRedrider
Yep as Jerry said we see many "Troll" Liberals that come to our boards trying to justfy this or that law to restrict the 2nd all the time! Believe it or not there are many liberals here! They say they are gun owners maybe they are but as with all liberals they use the fine for me to own but not you mentality to justify why they own a firearm! If you look at every law that restricts guns it all about keeping legal owners from exersising there rights - not preventing criminal use! They all fail the "Shall not be Infringed " test!

Last edited by Gunnut 45/454; 12-04-2011 at 11:36..
Gunnut 45/454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 17:29   #20
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Gunnut 45/454,
I agree, there are a lot of liberal trolls that cruise the forum looking for an opportunity to push their belief systems on others. They, however, concern me far less than the "gun supporting members? who only wish to limit certain peoples rights under certain conditions. These conditions of course are to be decided by them. These are wolves in sheep's clothing, what I refer to as closet liberals. They are far more dangerous then the self professed gun haters. I just wanted people to truly evaluate what gun control they agreed with and what was their motivation for it. I still have hope that when men are faced with the truth, they will recognize it. Thanks to all who posted.

Last edited by IhRedrider; 12-04-2011 at 17:39..