SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-16-2012, 16:54   #241
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Bandmaster,

I guess you don't want to answer my questions that I have for you. O well.
IhRedrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 21:27   #242
Jerry

Hey bandmasterjf take a look at this http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1395693 and tell us how great NICS is and how it only “inconveniences” a few people.
BIG DAWG #4

Liberal: Someone who is so open-minded their brains have fallen out.
Guns are not dangerous, people are.

Last edited by Jerry; 01-27-2012 at 11:01..
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 13:20   #243
runcible68

Sadly, just because you can own a gun, it does not follow that you SHOULD own a gun. We've all met some people with spotless criminal records who make us very nervous at the gun range. Some people are just to stupid to own a gun. Of course, what defines stupid and who would make that determination? I don't know. Sometimes I like the fact that cops in some states can say, "That guy's as dumb as a bag of rocks. No way we're letting him have a gun." Then again, that power will always be abused to restrict 2cd Amendment rights. In my fantasy world, there's be some kind of aptitude test. Never gonna happen though.

I, like most people, really want to keep guns out of the hands of the "crazies." They're the ones doing all the mass shootings. Sure, we can strengthen reporting systems, but what about people who fall through the cracks? I don't have an answer. What do you think?
Remington 870 Express
Colt AR-15 Competition Match HBAR II
runcible68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 13:24   #244
YtownGlock
Rookie

Gun Control means hitting what you are shooting at

Therefore, I fully and 100% support Gun Control. Gun-Control Issues
YtownGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 23:47   #245
loomis22

Well you can be for constitutional carry....but I am a self proclaimed demorcrat and I can't stand Obama (thought he was great at first) or any other guy running for office except Ron Paul.... If you want to live your life under the constitution then Ron Paul is the only way to go IMO........and im a demorcarat just sayin........
loomis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:21   #246
Jerry

You can’t be a Demorat and claim to support the Constitution or firearms rights. Just saying!
BIG DAWG #4

Last edited by Jerry; 02-07-2012 at 16:33..
Old 02-07-2012, 12:21   #247
YtownGlock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
You canít be a Demrat and claim to support the Constitution or firearms rights. Just saying!
Oh boy...
Old 02-07-2012, 16:37   #248
Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by YtownGlock View Post
Oh boy...
Sometimes the truth hurts.
BIG DAWG #4

Old 02-25-2012, 08:03   #249
dalegates

This issue is much like the discussions I've heard on evolution - there's really no way to prove many of the points made. The end result is circular conversations that can never end.

Rather than reading further, I think I'll go to the range and blow up melons with my guns. Far more productive...
dalegates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:32   #250
YtownGlock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
Sometimes the truth hurts.
Personally, I'm not a Democrat and I am not a Republican. I am just an American who loves his country, the constitution, the flag, and the right to own/bear arms and ammo
Old 02-25-2012, 13:56   #251
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Quote:
This issue is much like the discussions I've heard on evolution
This issue is NOTHING like evolution. Neither evolution nor creation can be proven or dis-proven. The Right to own and bear arms is written in the Constitution of the United States. I don't believe that any fool would argue that the Constitution is only a theory and not really the highest Law of the Land.

Great now we've clouded the FACTS of the original issue with evolution and creation. Anybody got some other rabbits to throw in the mix? How about Islam, Catholics and SDA'ists, maybe we could get a good discussion about that here.
Old 02-25-2012, 16:09   #252
dalegates

I agree, the issues are completely different. My point was that the discussions take on a similar, and never-ending, format.

Last edited by dalegates; 02-25-2012 at 16:10..
dalegates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 23:06   #253
Vietboy1st

i will support gun control only if the government will hire two body guards to guard my house, myself, my parents 24/7.. Then yes. Other than that no thanks...
Vietboy1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 16:27   #254
firerescue1231

I do not support gun control at all statistics show it doesn't work we still had violent crime during the asult weapons ban DC has one of the highest crime rates involving firearms in the country and it is illegal to own guns in DC all gun control dose is put restrictions on law abiding people
firerescue1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:36   #255
SCmasterblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhRedrider View Post
What controls, if any do you think we should have legislated upon the citizens of this country?

Please include your rationale in your statement. Thanks.
I think that the amount of gun control we have right now is little too much, but I can live with it.
Old 05-10-2012, 19:08   #256
IhRedrider
Not a walker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IhRedrider
What controls, if any do you think we should have legislated upon the citizens of this country?

I think that the amount of gun control we have right now is little too much, but I can live with it.

Thanks for posting up, but you forgot your rationale. Maybe you could include it in a follow-up post?
Old 06-02-2012, 16:31   #257
Chris Brines

I support gun control. I feel that whoever is holding the gun, should be in control of it, and that is pretty much it. Wanna stop gangland crime? Stop making excuses and start punishing criminals. No matter what ridiculous law they make, there will still be gun violence, and a much more practical and OBVIOUS approach would be, rather than restricting gun rights, shielding society and our children from the fact that guns are everywhere, and demonizing the NRA just because they stand up for our rights, I'd say it is time for a "movement" (As Jesse Jackson would say) by the gun owning community.

I'd say that the more experienced shooters, as there are many, should do whatever they can to not only encourage people to take up arms if they feel comfortable doing so, but everyone should do their part to ensure that a culture of gun safety and accountability is clearly established. That way, it will eliminate about half of these anti's complaints about gun owners. Or the Brady Campaign. Know what I find ironic? They are the "Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence". Their main "culprit", is the NRA. According to them, the NRA is the devil, and they all but come out and say it, that the NRA fights to repeal these gun restrictions, only to get people killed. ON their website a few weeks ago, it said, "The Trayvon Martin shooting is the NRA's Vision for America".

What an insult and a slap in the face to all responsible gun owners. Compounded by the fact that the NRA STRONGLY advocates for safe gun handling, responsibility and accountability, and encourage family oriented shooting activities, in addition to self defensive skills. Oh yeah, so that makes them "murderers" huh. Well according to Rosie O' Donnell, yes.

Now check this out:

1. The NRA, along with many other pro 2nd Amendment organizations, sponsor COUNTLESS programs to teach people about guns, gun safety, gun awareness, and self defensive capabilities. They encourage lawful gun activity, and take no part in the glamorization of violence that has snaked its way into our culture.

2. The many "gangsta" rappers out there, although some of them fake, are the role models and idols of today's youth. (well a large chunk of them anyway, if I had kids there would be no "gangsta" rap in my house). One of them, his stage name was C-Murder. He had done time for 2nd Degree Murder in Louisiana, but somehow got out and became a rapper in New Orleans. So he's done time for murder, he calls himself "C-Murder", raps about literally nothing but shooting people with AK's, Glocks, pump shotguns, and a host of other weapons. Then a few years after he's reached millionaire status, and a large chunk of our nation's most ignorant have pretty much put him on a pedestal as a hero, like the most amazing and awesome guy ever. What happens? C-Murder goes into a club in Baton Rouge. A young buck teenager in the club, trying to be a little thug, starts running his mouth to C-Murder. What does C-Murder do? Pulls out a gun and shoots him dead, right there in the middle of the club. So now C-Murder, who was already a convicted murderer, rapped about nothing but murderer, hailing from the murder capital of the U.S.A., is back in Angola, for murder.

So....with that being said, I must point out that the Brady Campaign to "prevent gun violence", has NEVER (to my knowledge), called these people out. They are advocating NOTHING good. Now it is a good thing to be a pimp. Now it is a good thing to be a "hustla", or a "gangbanger". And they claim this is all the NRA's fault? I mean, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I overlooked something, but I didn't see anything saying, "sag yo pants, grab yo gun and shoot up them fools neighborhood, kill everyone", at least not on the NRA website. It's just anti's taking cheap shots at the responsible gun owning community, because we can't call them mean names, but the others I mentioned, can. Sad part is, it does nothing to curb gun violence, and the restrictions they suggest actually, if nothing else, make it even MORE dangerous in this country.

Maybe I am wrong, but that's just how I see it. I'd say the ideal thing would be for anyone who is physically and mentally capable of using a gun, also comfortable with doing so, to arm themselves, get training (to some degree, everyone's comfort level is different, but everyone needs to ensure they know how to use their weapon), get a CHL, and practice practice practice! Also, as soon as your kids are ready, you know in your heart they are mature enough to learn about guns, I'd say get them at the range and get them shooting. That is CRUCIAL, and the only way to TRULY decrease their chances of dying in an accidental, tragic shooting from kids "playing" with guns. That's gun control in my opinion.

Last edited by Chris Brines; 06-02-2012 at 16:43..
Chris Brines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 22:37   #258
CanMan

No way will I support more 'gun control'. We already have enough laws on the books. Where I live it takes 5, count 'em, five incidents involving firearms for a juvenile to be considered a threat to society. I could go on and on & will with one more example. About five years ago a man robbed three banks here (locally) on the same day. He then jacked a car at gunpoint. Eventually he went to prison for bank robbery but was never charged for the gun crime. It's not the violin, it's the violinist! More importantly, it's my responsibility to protect myself & my family... I won't abdicate that responsibility.
CanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:08   #259
oldjarhead

We have over twenty thousand Federal, State, and local gun control laws on the books already. So far the criminals have not paid them much attention. Only the law abiding public has. We don't need more gun control. We need more law abiding people to wise up and take control of their own safety by exercising their God given right to keep and bear arms, affirmed by the US Constitution. The recent murders in Colorado affirm that. The movie theater had "No guns allowed" signs. Didn't stop the killer did it? Only prevented the law abiding from carrying. The killer knew that and he had a target rich environment. An unmolested free fire zone. Go figure.
oldjarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 15:11   #260
mytimeon69

Looked what happened in the UK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhRedrider View Post

Take it from me, you do not need anymore gun controls.
We suffer in the UK now because we were complacent in our opposition to the knee jerk reactions of the government.
mytimeon69 is offline   Reply With Quote