SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2011, 19:35   #101
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyblooshoes View Post
im surprised no one has anything to say about this genius post. chock full of pure ignorance.

explain responsible white-collar drug addicts then? good job, takes care of family, essentially isnt directly hurting anyone but himself, but happens to be addicted to say pain killers or cocaine. or how about a guy who makes six figures as is CEO of a finance company, that is an alcoholic? takes care of his kids, is a good dad, good to his wife, comes to work every day on time, but when he drinks, he drinks to get drunk and ends up getting hammered, once his kids and wife are secure and in bed. again, essentially not directly hurting anyone but himself.

should we just "f-em, kill 'em all too" with these guys? you sound like you woulda been better off with the SS in the 40's.

but then you go on to state that you dont think weed is a big deal, which although it may not be in your opinion, is still an illegal narcotic.

you're post is pure fail.
No. He and his father's logic borders on insanity, endorsing mass murder.

Crazee.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 19:39   #102
frank4570
Feral human

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsoftpaw View Post
One must factor in the culture. The Dutch are a monoculture. The U.S. is a melting pot, so to speak. Basically, the Dutch are all on the same page. There is social pressure to make something of yourself and not be a slacker.
That is a HUGE difference between them and us. Cultural differences are very important to the big picture.

For too long people have said "screw NY, IL, etc" or "that'll never happen here." Yes, it will eventually. If we dont start standing up together now, it will never stop.-ilgunguygt
frank4570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 19:53   #103
dwhite53

When you fight a war you FIGHT A WAR!!

If we were serious about this we we'd have tanks and troops in Mexico and Columbia. We don't. We'd be burning down houses, bombing the estancias of the dealers, and taking prisoners.

This isn't a war, we actually even supply the enemy with guns (Fast and Furious). This is a joke. It keeps a lot of money flowing and law enforcement people employed.

We need to just legalize it and deal with it. You could shut down every one of these drug cartels overnight, end the violence, and save countless lives.

It's been forty years and the problems gotten WORSE. Eventually you have to stop.

All the Best,
D. White

Last edited by dwhite53; 12-04-2011 at 19:54..
dwhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 20:10   #104
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
Go to your car dealership of choice with $20,000 or more in cash and see what happens. Get stopped by the police and have them find $1000 or more on you if you are searched, and again, see what happens. See how much it costs you to get it back. The cops can(I am not saying they always will) take it and make you prove it is legally yours.

So if you're stopped by the police and only have $975 they won't take it? I don't suppose you have any statute, policy or any actual reference on this do you?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 20:12   #105
tantrix
J'aimeLouisiane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
Out of curiousity what drastically different approach do you suggest?
Shutting the whole damn 'war on drugs' down would be a start.

Last edited by tantrix; 12-04-2011 at 20:13..
tantrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 20:17   #106
RyanBDawg

I love when I am at a sporting event or watching one on TV and there are at least 2-3 commercials advertising alcohol every commercial break..

Hell, there are going to be people at that stadium/arena that aren't going to make it home from the game alive directly because of alcohol..

Baseball players can use tobacco during the games..

Yea, this makes sense... Let's ensure that tens of thousands of people die, and hundreds of thousands more are deemed criminals and thrown into an overcrowded failure of a prison system..

Yep, the US government has got this stuff figured out..

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 20:23   #107
RyanBDawg

Not to mention that we should air drop LSD onto Afghanastan and Pakistan, along with some various jam band CD's, they would go from Allah Akbar, to far out bro in a matter of hours!

Bam, conflict over..

Glock 26 w/CTC Lasergrips, and Trijicon Sights = Daily Carry
RyanBDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 20:24   #108
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Kiser View Post
I don't belive in treatment at all, to me that makes it look like a drug addict has a illness which they do not... A drug addict has a deficit of responsibility, accountability, concern toward others, healthy concern for themselves, and just all-around complete lack of judgement and a surplus of selfishness...

I like the appraoch my Dad has always mentioned... When drugs are confiscated, just poison the crap and put it back out on the streets... It will only kill who it needs to, and drugs will quickly start to carry a pretty lethal reputation and maybe it'll act as a deterrent... If it's not a deterrent, who gives a $h** cause it will just kill the ones that can't head a warning...

There comes a point with a serious problems that ya got to lose compassion, and just fix the ********** problem... I say F'em -- killem all...
It's time responsible and contributing citizens get all that they deserve from the society in which we've conributed to...

BTW - I've never smoked a joint in my life, but I don't think weed is a real big deal that needs to soak up much of our tax $$...
Your dad is a sociopath. You're once removed from one.
holesinpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 20:33   #109
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
Go to your car dealership of choice with $20,000 or more in cash and see what happens. Get stopped by the police and have them find $1000 or more on you if you are searched, and again, see what happens. See how much it costs you to get it back. The cops can(I am not saying they always will) take it and make you prove it is legally yours.

You are giving out incorrect information that could get people into trouble.

The mandated cash 'reporting' amount at car dealerships is $10,000 last time I checked. There's a qualifier for lesser amounts: "suspicious activity."

The same applies to banks with another exception: most banks make special note of cash transactions above somewhere between $2,000 and $3,500. But 10k and above is mandatory, in fact, they usually consider anything close to 10k mandatory.

It gets worse, take out 10k via two or more deposits spaced several day apart, and if the bank is doing it's job you will get reported.

It gets worse than that. Try to deal with USPS money orders (which the post office treats as cash) and buy or cash too many: bingo you're reported.

It gets worse than that. Carry any "suspicious" amount of cash and bingo, it can be confiscated -- without any due process, or recourse to reclaim it.

It gets worse: try to leave the country with 10k of cash in your pocket and bam, you're in trouble.

Last edited by holesinpaper; 12-04-2011 at 20:35..
Old 12-04-2011, 20:34   #110
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyblooshoes View Post
im surprised no one has anything to say about this genius post. chock full of pure ignorance.

explain responsible white-collar drug addicts then? good job, takes care of family, essentially isnt directly hurting anyone but himself, but happens to be addicted to say pain killers or cocaine. or how about a guy who makes six figures as is CEO of a finance company, that is an alcoholic? takes care of his kids, is a good dad, good to his wife, comes to work every day on time, but when he drinks, he drinks to get drunk and ends up getting hammered, once his kids and wife are secure and in bed. again, essentially not directly hurting anyone but himself.

should we just "f-em, kill 'em all too" with these guys? you sound like you woulda been better off with the SS in the 40's.

but then you go on to state that you dont think weed is a big deal, which although it may not be in your opinion, is still an illegal narcotic.

you're post is pure fail.
He and his dads ideas are moronic. He's describing state-sponsored murder of citizens. How do you respond to that kind of evil?

Why go thru the song and dance of poison and just let the cops execute anyone caught with drugs?
Old 12-04-2011, 20:37   #111
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
You are giving out incorrect information that could get people into trouble.

The mandated cash 'reporting' amount at car dealerships is $10,000 last time I checked. There's a qualifier for lesser amounts: "suspicious activity."

The same applies to banks with another exception: most banks make special note of cash transactions above somewhere between $2,000 and $3,500. But 10k and above is mandatory, in fact, they usually consider anything close to 10k mandatory.

It gets worse, take out 10k via two or more deposits spaced several day apart, and if the bank is doing it's job you will get reported.

It gets worse than that. Try to deal with USPS money orders (which the post office treats as cash) and buy or cash too many: bingo you're reported.

It gets worse than that. Carry any "suspicious" amount of cash and bingo, it can be confiscated -- without any due process, or recourse to reclaim it.

It gets worse: try to leave the country with 10k of cash in your pocket and bam, you're in trouble.

I know and it is a travesty beyond words that the citizenry tolerates this.
Old 12-04-2011, 20:59   #112
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Oh, it gets better. AFAIK by law & policy they are not allowed to tell you this information. Clear and transparent.
Old 12-04-2011, 21:01   #113
Restless28

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
Agreed.

All someone needs to do, is to think, to see how much of our liberty and freedom has been stolen.

As someone else pointed out, it is depressing to see so many people on a gun-oriented forum espouse no value in property rights or disparage anyone who supports a political candidate who stands firm for liberty and personal freedom.
Restless28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 21:07   #114
Bruce M

Quote:
Originally Posted by holesinpaper View Post
...It gets worse than that. Carry any "suspicious" amount of cash and bingo, it can be confiscated -- without any due process, or recourse to reclaim it.

There may be a substantial difference between reporting transactions to the IRS and having cash consfiscated. I will ask again - do you have any statute or policy or reference to seizure of cash from someone?
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 21:17   #115
holesinpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
There may be a substantial difference between reporting transactions to the IRS and having cash consfiscated. I will ask again - do you have any statute or policy or reference to seizure of cash from someone?
Seriously? Do you live in a cave?

Get pulled over with any "suspicious" amount of cash, and the LEO can seize it and use it. You do not necessarily have any recourse to get it back -- no due process.

There have been countless cases. Google it yourself, or start by searching riddit, boingboing or digg to save some time.

War on Drugs is about power, control, and money -- it's not actually about drugs per say (imho).
Old 12-04-2011, 21:18   #116
id1otbox

IMO we are failing drastically and no offense to any hard working LEOs out there but it seems to me that our government is supporting a fake industry in a sense. I think there are two reasons why we haven't stopped. For one thousands of people would be unemployed. Two; any president, mayor, or governor who downsizes the 'war on drugs' will be torn apart by the media the second their is a incident. An incident that would most likely occur anyone but now all the sudden it has the medias attention.

With all that aside. Here are some facts:

Money spent on the war on drugs this year:(as of this post)
Federal: $14 billion
State: $23.8 billion
Total:$37.8 billion
On a rate of about $500/sec

People Arrested for Drug Law Offenses this Year: 1,547,016
Someone is arrested for violating a drug law every 19 seconds.

People Incarcerated for Drug Law Offenses this Year: 10,059

...Soo $37.8 billion dollars for 10k incarcerations. So about $3.7 million per incarceration and that doesn't even include the cost of having that person in prison for whatever sentence they got. IMO that is a incredible waste of money.

http://www.drugsense.org/cms/wodclock
its scary watching the clock tick away and watching our nation debt tick away as well.
id1otbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 21:22   #117
id1otbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBDawg View Post
Not to mention that we should air drop LSD onto Afghanastan and Pakistan, along with some various jam band CD's, they would go from Allah Akbar, to far out bro in a matter of hours!

Bam, conflict over..

^^priceless
Old 12-04-2011, 21:23   #118
id1otbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwhite53 View Post
When you fight a war you FIGHT A WAR!!

If we were serious about this we we'd have tanks and troops in Mexico and Columbia. We don't. We'd be burning down houses, bombing the estancias of the dealers, and taking prisoners.

This isn't a war, we actually even supply the enemy with guns (Fast and Furious). This is a joke. It keeps a lot of money flowing and law enforcement people employed.

We need to just legalize it and deal with it. You could shut down every one of these drug cartels overnight, end the violence, and save countless lives.

It's been forty years and the problems gotten WORSE. Eventually you have to stop.

All the Best,
D. White
Agreed
Old 12-04-2011, 22:14   #119
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless28 View Post
Agreed.

All someone needs to do, is to think, to see how much of our liberty and freedom has been stolen.

As someone else pointed out, it is depressing to see so many people on a gun-oriented forum espouse no value in property rights or disparage anyone who supports a political candidate who stands firm for liberty and personal freedom.
Heck, many here don't even understand the Second Amendment and support "sensible" gun laws.
Old 12-04-2011, 22:17   #120
certifiedfunds
Platinum Membership
Tewwowist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Actually, that's where you and some others are wrong. The money that comes in to the government mostly doesn't go to the individual officers and definitely doesn't go to the individual politicians, who actually have all of the control over it (you'd be surprised how little they care what the police think about things, unless it is useful for publicity).

What keeps the WOD going isn't the money the government gets, it's the VOTES te politicians get. In short, you (collectively) keep it going. It's not just the WOD, either. Legislating against crime gets that frightened 80% to vote for them, no matter how silly the law is. We have legislators writing laws to oppose things they heard about happening in other countries, that are not know to have ever happened in KY. Why? Not fear of a crime wave, but just the fact that nothing gets votes from the herd like saying you passed "tough new criminal laws" at election time. Drugs crimes are just an easy target, like sex offenders and a few other hot topics.
Fewer criminals = smaller budgets = fewer cops and fewer toys

The war on drugs benefits police in the same way that any justification for additional resources benefits any government agency.