SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-04-2011, 17:54   #1
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Zombie Max™ Ammunition From Horady

Say it for the first time today at a GUN SHOW. 9mm Ballistic looks good, but I am not sure about the name.
akapennypincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 17:56   #2
Vanilla-gorilla
Registered Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapennypincher View Post
Say it for the first time today at a GUN SHOW. 9mm Ballistic looks good, but I am not sure about the name.
Go to there web site and watch there intro video. Lol
Old 12-04-2011, 17:57   #3
akapennypincher
Glock-O-Holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla-gorilla View Post
Go to there web site and watch there intro video. Lol

I saw it LOL.
akapennypincher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 18:01   #4
Vanilla-gorilla
Registered Noob

I did read some reviews stating that the 40 cal runs 100 fps faster then what is stated on the box but im not sure if its true but seem like there ga ga over it

Last edited by Vanilla-gorilla; 12-04-2011 at 18:02.. Reason: Fat fingers
Vanilla-gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 18:46   #5
kmrcstintn

I bought 2 boxes for my Sig 229 in .40 before I traded it; the rounds were definitely STOUT in both recoil and audible report...I'd rather use generic white box Winchester 180gr Bonded JHP (PDX-1) in 50 round boxes
kmrcstintn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 19:18   #6
cowboy1964

It's basically the same ammo as their Critical Defense.
cowboy1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 21:03   #7
collim1
Shower Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy1964 View Post
It's basically the same ammo as their Critical Defense.
Thats what I have heard. Critical defense bullet loaded to the same specs, but in a unplated brass case and has a green polymer tip instead of red.

My wife bought me a box of it for Christmas this year. I think I'll hang onto it for the box alone. I bet Hornady makes a bunch of money of this fun little endeavor.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 13:20   #8
Rally Vincent
Bipolar

Explain using that to the jury.
Niners Club Member - #196
1911 Club Member - #001
"All evil comes from the old.They grow fat on ideas and young men die of them."
Rally Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 15:08   #9
NG VI

It's a typical, conventional JHP load in a typical, conventional service caliber. Probably the archetype of the term 'service caliber' by the time we move on to other forms of projectile propulsion or non-projectile weapons.

I doubt your lawyer would have the slightest bit of trouble getting a letter stating such from Hornady if you ever needed it. I don't picture them as the type of company that wouldn't fire you off a letter stating that the packaging is a piece of contemporary humor that goes along with the current zombie fiction craze, but the bullets and cartridges themselves are absolutely ordinary defense-oriented ammunition.

Besides, any half-decent lawyer with a quarter-decent judge should have no problem deading the argument that the box the bullets came in somehow makes the shooting more or less acceptable.
Sub Club #180
NG VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 15:15   #10
jaklcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG VI View Post
It's a typical, conventional JHP load in a typical, conventional service caliber. Probably the archetype of the term 'service caliber' by the time we move on to other forms of projectile propulsion or non-projectile weapons.

I doubt your lawyer would have the slightest bit of trouble getting a letter stating such from Hornady if you ever needed it. I don't picture them as the type of company that wouldn't fire you off a letter stating that the packaging is a piece of contemporary humor that goes along with the current zombie fiction craze, but the bullets and cartridges themselves are absolutely ordinary defense-oriented ammunition.

Besides, any half-decent lawyer with a quarter-decent judge should have no problem deading the argument that the box the bullets came in somehow makes the shooting more or less acceptable.
This. I'm beyond tired of people going on about how using it for self defense would be legal suicide... BS.

But as far as the round... No way I would use critical defense, its below sub-par IMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jaklcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 16:26   #11
chasbo00

This ammo is a really good example of great marketing. The Critical Defense line of ammo was not selling well, especially to LE agencies. So, someone says, well let's change the color of the bullet insert from red to florescent green and market the stuff as anti-zombie ammo. I hear it's now selling well.
chasbo00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 21:55   #12
collim1
Shower Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo00 View Post
This ammo is a really good example of great marketing. The Critical Defense line of ammo was not selling well, especially to LE agencies. So, someone says, well let's change the color of the bullet insert from red to florescent green and market the stuff as anti-zombie ammo. I hear it's now selling well.
Selling well is an understatement.
collim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 23:46   #13
thinkfast

Great hollowpoint from a major ammo company. Good stuff. And funny boxes to boot.

As far as legal problems, I wouldn't lose sleep over it...ammo companies use aggressive and/or memorable names on their products all the time-HyrdaShok, Golden Sabre, Pow'rball, Silvertip, Doubletap, etc. Nobody is ever gonna sell HP ammo called Baby Soft Ammo. Well, you never know...

Besides, as popular as zombie movies and TV shows are now, it might get a few jurors on your side
Old 01-31-2012, 04:13   #14
Merkavaboy
Code-7A KUZ769

Okay boys and girls. Follow the below link to Hornady's own Zombie Max website and carefully read the disclaimer under the word WARNING!

http://www.hornady.com/store/Zombie-Max-Handgun/

Not once, not twice but three times does it state that this ammo is for use on ZOMBIES, not humans, animals or even plants.

Use your brains people! If you use Z-Max ammo in a SD shooting and some prosecutor or plaintiff's attorney wants to make an example out of you, you don't think that they'll be drooling like Pavlovs' dogs just waiting to introduce 5'x5' posters with blown up pictures of the disclaimer AND your box of ammo to parade in front of both Judge and Jury?

You think that Hornady would be stupid enough to send a representative from their company to your defense to explain why YOU chose to violate their warnings and disclaimers printed directly on every box of Z-Max ammo AND on their website?? Do you think that you or your attorney can defend your use of ammo that specifically states NOT TO BE USED ON HUMANS?

If you're foolish enough to buy and use Z-Max for SD, good luck to you. (No, not really, you get what you deserve...).

Last edited by Merkavaboy; 01-31-2012 at 04:17..
Merkavaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:34   #15
jaklcrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkavaboy View Post
Okay boys and girls. Follow the below link to Hornady's own Zombie Max website and carefully read the disclaimer under the word WARNING!

Not once, not twice but three times does it state that this ammo is for use on ZOMBIES, not humans, animals or even plants.

Use your brains people! If you use Z-Max ammo in a SD shooting and some prosecutor or plaintiff's attorney wants to make an example out of you, you don't think that they'll be drooling like Pavlovs' dogs just waiting to introduce 5'x5' posters with blown up pictures of the disclaimer AND your box of ammo to parade in front of both Judge and Jury?

You think that Hornady would be stupid enough to send a representative from their company to your defense to explain why YOU chose to violate their warnings and disclaimers printed directly on every box of Z-Max ammo AND on their website?? Do you think that you or your attorney can defend your use of ammo that specifically states NOT TO BE USED ON HUMANS?

If you're foolish enough to buy and use Z-Max for SD, good luck to you. (No, not really, you get what you deserve...).
notsureifserious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
jaklcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:05   #16
Blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkavaboy View Post

I bet it would work on trolls & goblins... maybe some dark-elves also...
Old 01-31-2012, 06:45   #17
eracer
Where's my EBT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh View Post
I bet it would work on trolls & goblins... maybe some dark-elves also...
Wow. Really?
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death. Life is a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. And now...the weather! ---- Bill Hicks
eracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:08   #18
NG VI

When your disclaimers and warnings tell you the ammunition is specifically for unicorns and leprechauns, it's not meant to be taken seriously, and no reasonable, non-histrionic adult would assume it was real.
Sub Club #180
NG VI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 16:58   #19
lukmech03

Anyone taking this disclaimer seriously needs to seek help. More help than the people who actually buy the stuff in case of a zombie apocalypse. Its obviously just clever marketing
lukmech03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 20:08   #20
Merkavaboy
Code-7A KUZ769

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukmech03 View Post
Anyone taking this disclaimer seriously needs to seek help. More help than the people who actually buy the stuff in case of a zombie apocalypse. Its obviously just clever marketing
So, when Hornady places the following on every box of ammo and on their website:

"WARNING:THIS IS LIVE AMMUNITION. THIS IS NOT A TOY.

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!"

everyone needs to ignore it, right? And this ammo IS actually toy ammo, right? Hornady warns that Z-Max IS NOT A TOY, but we shouldnt take this serious. Right?

And I guess that every anti-gun prosecutor and plaintiff's attorney out there wont take Hotnady's warnings seriously either. Right? They will all just laugh it off as being some silly marketing ploy to sell "deadly killer Zombie ammo" to every gun nut and would-be up and coming mass murderer.

Obviously you and many others have either forgotten or don't know about mass killers Gian Ferri from 101 California St and Colin Ferguison the Long Island subway killer who both used Winchester's Black Talon (aka: "Black Felon", "Teflon Coated Cop Killer", "Tissue Tearing Buzz-Saw") ammo back in 1993. Winchester paid the price for both bad marketing and damaging anti-gun press they received immediately after 101 Calif St and prior to the L.I. shootings. (Winchester had actually decided to stop retail distribution of BT ammo prior to the L.I. shooting).

If people are stupid enough to use Zombie Max ammo in their SD guns, then IMO they deserve to get ripped apart by the lawyers in court if they ever wind up shooting someone, whether it's justified or not. Stupid needs to hurt.

Hopefully Hornady's ammo won't lead to proposed legislation to ban all kinds of ammo like the use of the infamous Black Talon ammo did back in the early 1980's by anti-gun legislators like Sen. Patrick Moynihan did.
Merkavaboy is offline   Reply With Quote