Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-05-2011, 18:56   #1
jshep1341

viridian C5L laser/light fit a G30sf??

Heard a lot of good reviews about this green laser and I was wondering how well it would fit a 30sf. Do any of you use this laser? I know that the optional light isn't very bright but I'm sure it would be fine for intimidation purposes. Also what is your opinion on red vs green lasers? Thanks in advance for the info!!
jshep1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:02   #2
jsdintexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshep1341 View Post
Heard a lot of good reviews about this green laser and I was wondering how well it would fit a 30sf. Do any of you use this laser? I know that the optional light isn't very bright but I'm sure it would be fine for intimidation purposes. Also what is your opinion on red vs green lasers? Thanks in advance for the info!!
Don't want to jump on you here, but the word "intimidation" causes some head shaking. Only a small number of bad guys are affected by intimidation, and counting on it will likely get you killed. A person with a gun should be ready to use it with all applied force, not count on other factors to save their life or allowing relief from having to use it.

To answer: the green is a different wavelength I believe, and I know they are weaker. This means an almost daylight situation may not even reveal the dot. I have a TLR2 hooked on to a G21 and in bright daylight it is very hard to locate the dot. Red is the majority choice. And you might look at lasers that pulsate - the dot is easier to get your attention.
Old 12-06-2011, 22:47   #3
jshep1341

Just to clarify, the light on this viridian is not very powerful and unless you are in complete darkness is totally useless (from what I've read.) The light as well as the laser pulsates and even viridian claimed the light can be used for "intimidating purposes." I don't plan to just flash a light at the bad guy. Just wanted to see what others opinions were on this light. Thanks for the input!
jshep1341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 18:45   #4
bolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdintexas View Post
Don't want to jump on you here, but the word "intimidation" causes some head shaking. Only a small number of bad guys are affected by intimidation, and counting on it will likely get you killed. A person with a gun should be ready to use it with all applied force, not count on other factors to save their life or allowing relief from having to use it.

To answer: the green is a different wavelength I believe, and I know they are weaker. This means an almost daylight situation may not even reveal the dot. I have a TLR2 hooked on to a G21 and in bright daylight it is very hard to locate the dot. Red is the majority choice. And you might look at lasers that pulsate - the dot is easier to get your attention.
You have that totaly backwards, the green lasers are much easier to see in the daylight. Do any google search and you will find this out. The reason most are red is because the green laser as a rule uses more battery power because they tend to run hotter but Viridian has figures it out. The C5L is a great light, laser setup, realy high quality. The are very easy to customise to your likes and the pulsating flashlight seems very bright in the dark and would be very distracting to an intruder. It can be set up various ways, light only laser only, laser and light and either or can be set to pulsate.
bolling is offline   Reply With Quote