Home Forums Classifieds GT Store Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-18-2014, 13:49   #1
DougC

Bought my first CZ....

Ordered my first CZ yesterday. I bought an SP01 Tactical in 9mm. Can't wait to spend some quality time at the range with it.
Old 12-18-2014, 14:09   #2
colin1230

Congratulations, enjoy!!
Old 12-18-2014, 14:26   #3
rotorwind

congrats! post up some pics when you get it
rotorwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 10:11   #4
DougC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwind View Post
congrats! post up some pics when you get it
Sure will! I should be able to pick it either after work tonight or some time tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:32   #5
nitesite10mm
Dog Lover

Uh-Oh....

You contracted da' sick.....

Da' sickness......

You don't know how this feeling will seep inside of you and take control!
in no particular order.........
nitesite10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:14   #6
J Lee

You will love it. Congrats!
Old 12-20-2014, 11:23   #7
DougC

Picked her up last night and took her to the range this morning. Wow, what a fantastic weapon! Shot it better than I shoot my Gen4 G17 from the very first round! Full report and target pics to come!

Last edited by DougC; 12-20-2014 at 12:09..
DougC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 21:39   #8
qas1178

My CZ SP-01 is by far the best gun that I own, hands down. Buy thousands of rounds of ammo and enjoy your new toy.
qas1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 00:26   #9
DougC

CZ Club

First mag fired:
CZ Club

End of range session: (I flinched on the high left flyer)
CZ Club
Old 12-21-2014, 17:24   #10
ca survivor

Congrats!
Old 12-26-2014, 10:14   #11
papershoot

I feel that CZ and the clone pistols are some of the most overlooked in the US. That is a great pistol. I have been toying with the idea of getting the same model.
papershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 22:16   #12
DougC

Quote:
Originally Posted by papershoot View Post
I feel that CZ and the clone pistols are some of the most overlooked in the US. That is a great pistol. I have been toying with the idea of getting the same model.
I'd stop toying and go for it. It's a fantastic weapon! Just ordered my second CZ pistol, a P-01and next year after tax time I'll be ordering a 97BD.
Old 12-28-2014, 13:38   #13
TexasVine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
I'd stop toying and go for it. It's a fantastic weapon! Just ordered my second CZ pistol, a P-01and next year after tax time I'll be ordering a 97BD.
CZ's are great pistols. You'll love the P01. I seem to shoot the P01 better than most of my other pistols.
Old 12-30-2014, 22:14   #14
DougC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVine View Post
CZ's are great pistols. You'll love the P01. I seem to shoot the P01 better than most of my other pistols.

I'm sure that I will. Honestly, I always thought that it was all me when it came to my lack of accuracy with my various Glock pistols. Then I purchased this CZ and came to realize that the Glock and I just aren't a good fit for each other. It's a shame too because I really like them. Having said that, I love my CZ and am VERY happy that I bought it. Much better to have a weapon that you like and shoot well than one that you like and can't shoot worth a darn.
Old 12-30-2014, 22:31   #15
sigsauermaniac

i have a tactical sport in 40 which is a true tack driver .i've sold my shadow,waiting for an accu shadow from CZC.

however, i still shoot my limited glock in comps, main reason is their unmatched reliability. CZ's are very fine weapons,quite tight, but i still prefer my glocks for gaming, no levers across my grip .

G17 gen 3-G22 gen 3
CZ tactical sport .40
sigsauermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:02   #16
ARP

So the real question is

now what do you or(one) do? I'm kinda in the same boat, own my original purchase Glock 2nd gen since 1990, it has a low round count because I shelved the whole idea of firearm ownership for a long time. Couple years ago, the desire to own and be proficient returned. I own a CZ P-09, am really tempted to trade off the Glock on a another CZ in a compact version, in fact the LGS has on hand a used CZ in a compact version, just unsure of model I type, I think it is polymer, just can not remember.

It is not that I dislike Glocks, I think I like CZ better. What to do, what to do?
ARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:10   #17
DougC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
now what do you or(one) do? I'm kinda in the same boat, own my original purchase Glock 2nd gen since 1990, it has a low round count because I shelved the whole idea of firearm ownership for a long time. Couple years ago, the desire to own and be proficient returned. I own a CZ P-09, am really tempted to trade off the Glock on a another CZ in a compact version, in fact the LGS has on hand a used CZ in a compact version, just unsure of model I type, I think it is polymer, just can not remember.

It is not that I dislike Glocks, I think I like CZ better. What to do, what to do?
It was an easy choice for me, I sold off my Gen4 G17 within a week of shooting my SP-01 and used those funds to order my P-01.

I tried three different Glocks in three different calibers and sadly the results, subpar accuracy, were the same with all three.

Everything about the CZ feels better to me. It just feels right in my hand and it points very naturally for me. It's pretty much everything that I could ask for in a weapon.

Last edited by DougC; 12-31-2014 at 15:11..
DougC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 09:35   #18
ARP

Fortunately for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougC View Post
It was an easy choice for me, I sold off my Gen4 G17 within a week of shooting my SP-01 and used those funds to order my P-01.

I tried three differnt Glocks in three differnt calibers and sadly the results, subpar accuracy, were the same with all three

Everything about the CZ feels better to me. It just feels right in my hand and it points very naturally for me. It's pretty much everything that I could ask for in a weapon.
I'm not heavily invested in Glock, just the one 19. I could follow the advice of the LGS owner near me, "if you are not shooting the guns and they are just sitting around, sell them. They are sitting around waiting to be stolen. They are tools, use them."
ARP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 16:49   #19
fusegsp

I just bought a P07 last month and now I'm really close to buying the SP-01 the local shop has. Man, that P07 is accurate.

Last edited by fusegsp; 01-01-2015 at 16:50..
fusegsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 17:35   #20
liamettocs

I just ordered a CZ 75B SAO in .40. I find the recoil in my G 22 a little snappy and I've been looking for a good .40 in an all metal frame. I think the extra weight will help tame the recoil. I'll find out soon enough. Gun should arrive next week, then start my 10 day wait (a California limitation).
liamettocs is offline   Reply With Quote