Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:09   #1
gofastman

Puncture resistant gloves

Mods feel free to move if this is the wrong forum, but bare with me for a second...

when I work with experimental loads, I usually use MIL-PRF-31013 saftey glasses in combination with a face shield (I don't care if I look like a dork, im a good looking guy and I want keep it that way)
however
I feel like I should have some protection for my hands.
I know they make cheifs gloves that are cut resistant, but does a puncture/tear resistant glove that allows good dexterity exsist?
gofastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:27   #2
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Unless you're intentionally attempting to determine at what level a particular load will destroy a particular gun you're probably over thinking the whole thing.

If you're starting your loading at a known safe level and working up from there in small increments, other than wearing safety glasses you're doing everything that a prudent loader needs do.

One should remember that although revolvers and pistols do, on occasion let go there is rarely any injuries involved unless the loader was trying to recreate the Manhattan Project. (High power rifle loading can be a different matter but if you don't already know what your doing you should probably start out with some experienced tutelage.)

Every shooter is different but if someone walked up to me at the range wearing eye protection, a full face mask and gloves I do believe I'd go sit in the truck, listen to Pandora, read a book and wait for the floor show to end.

That's just me though. (On second thought it could make some nifty lead in footage for a You Tube video.)

Jack

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:37   #3
dkf

If your that concerned about the integrity of the reloads you may want to just buy a pistol vise, a bunch of string and a lexan blast shield.

A glove that is going to stop damage from a decent blast is going to be a PITA to shoot with.

Last edited by dkf; 12-26-2011 at 11:39..
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 13:06   #4
fredj338

Yeah, probably a bit paranoid, but that is ok. Get a pair of Kevlar line leather LEO search gloves. Better than bare skin. I do experimental reloading a lot, but I also know what I am doing & where not to go.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 12-26-2011 at 13:07..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 13:12   #5
EL_NinO619
EX-Swage Monkey

I have a pair of Kevlar/rubber palmed gloves. They are cut proof but not puncture proof, I will get the name of them and re post... I now use the when loading primers

As Reloaders we should adapt the load to the gun, not the gun to the load.

Last edited by EL_NinO619; 12-26-2011 at 13:22..
EL_NinO619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 13:20   #6
JuneyBooney

I have heard of puncture resistant gloves for leo but not reloading. Interesting idea though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 14:55   #7
gofastman

Quote:
I have heard of puncture resistant gloves for leo but not reloading. Interesting idea though.
I guess I wasnt looking for gloves specificly designed for reloading, just something that would be of some protection from pecies of fragmented Glock frame

Ill check out those LEO search gloves mentioned above
gofastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 17:29   #8
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastman View Post
I guess I wasnt looking for gloves specificly designed for reloading, just something that would be of some protection from pecies of fragmented Glock frame

Ill check out those LEO search gloves mentioned above
If you are doing ANYTHING that foolsih as to KB a GLock, then you need to take up another hobby. Seriously, reloading is pretty safe, even stretching boundries, but you MUST know what you are doing, be able to read pressure signs & work w/ a good chronograph. You can go pretty wild staying within certain perameters, but why? If I thought I was going to do something that required extra safety equip, above & beyond what is normal, I probably wouldn't do it.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 12-26-2011 at 17:30..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 18:01   #9
dkf

Don't use the antiquated "cup and saucer" technique. The Glocks will blow the mag out the bottom of the grip during a KB.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote