Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-26-2011, 13:37   #1
AK74play

SR 1911 Questions:

Any HANDS on experience good or bad with these? I have all the factory info but got a guy wanting to trade me a NIB for one of my AK's and trying to find out things like is the Back strap metal or Plastic? Is the hammer Cast or not. There is no room for cast parts in my 1911's so I'm trying to find out ahead of time what all I may have to change. I never seen a handgun that didn't shoot straight so dont need any accuracy opinions. Just looking for accurate info from those that would know (OWNERS) This would be info I know I can trust because your not trying to sell me one. This guy wants an answer pretty quick or he will just put it up for sale and I know it wont last long then. So any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

Last edited by AK74play; 12-26-2011 at 13:38..
AK74play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 13:42   #2
Travelin' Jack
Misinformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK74play View Post
Any HANDS on experience good or bad with these? I have all the factory info but got a guy wanting to trade me a NIB for one of my AK's and trying to find out things like is the Back strap metal or Plastic? Is the hammer Cast or not. There is no room for cast parts in my 1911's so I'm trying to find out ahead of time what all I may have to change. I never seen a handgun that didn't shoot straight so dont need any accuracy opinions. Just looking for accurate info from those that would know (OWNERS) This would be info I know I can trust because your not trying to sell me one. This guy wants an answer pretty quick or he will just put it up for sale and I know it wont last long then. So any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.
I'd take it either way. If it's not up to your standards you can sell it in two shakes.
Travelin' Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 13:51   #3
AK74play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Jack View Post
I'd take it either way. If it's not up to your standards you can sell it in two shakes.
Yeh I know but then I'm out the AK and got to pay more FFL fees so thats really not an option. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2011, 13:53   #4
bac1023

I like mine quite a bit. The main spring housing (baqk strap) is steel on the SR1911.

There are cast parts. If you want a 1911 with no cast parts whatsoever, you're in the wrong price range.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 14:07   #5
AK74play

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
I like mine quite a bit. The main spring housing (baqk strap) is steel on the SR1911.

There are cast parts. If you want a 1911 with no cast parts whatsoever, you're in the wrong price range.
Thank you, thats the kind of info I need any other input from you as a Owner/user ???

The cast part issue is ok because I can change and fit anything I might need to just wondering what they are so I can get a figure in mind befor I make the deal..Appreciate it man.

Last edited by AK74play; 12-26-2011 at 14:09..
Old 12-26-2011, 15:47   #6
CMG

I've bought one, and handled two, both were put together very well.

The frame is cast (same origin as Caspian), and most of the small parts are either cast or MIM.

Doesn't mean it's a bad gun, but for $600 you don't get all forged and tool steel.

1911 Forums
Old 12-26-2011, 16:10   #7
AK74play

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMG View Post
I've bought one, and handled two, both were put together very well.

The frame is cast (same origin as Caspian), and most of the small parts are either cast or MIM.

Doesn't mean it's a bad gun, but for $600 you don't get all forged and tool steel.

1911 Forums
I understand all that, this is the kind of info I need. I'm not worried about the cast or mim parts just wanted to know what they were so I could check if I already had replacements of may still have to order a couple. I can change and fit anything it may need (in my opinion) . This is good info....Thanks. Oh I know the frame is cast but at least it's Stainless..Thanks a bunch..

Last edited by AK74play; 12-26-2011 at 16:11..
Old 12-26-2011, 16:44   #8
B.Reid

I will trade him my AK for that SR1911. I hate the AK.

Earth has always been a dangerous place to live. Be prepared!
B.Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 16:58   #9
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Reid View Post
I will trade him my AK for that SR1911. I hate the AK.
I'm not a big AK fan myself. I don't care much for the round or the gun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 12-26-2011, 16:59   #10
bac1023

Quote:
Thank you, thats the kind of info I need any other input from you as a Owner/user ???

The cast part issue is ok because I can change and fit anything I might need to just wondering what they are so I can get a figure in mind befor I make the deal..Appreciate it man.
Mine has been 100% reliable and I think its one of the best 1911s in its price range.

Check out the guide in my signature.

Old 12-26-2011, 17:04   #11
stopatrain
Lifetime Membership

It's hard to beat for the price.
stopatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 17:04   #12
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopatrain View Post
It's hard to beat for the price.
Yes it is.

Old 12-26-2011, 20:00   #13
mr.scott

I'll take Ruger cast parts over most companies forged parts.
mr.scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 21:05   #14
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.scott View Post
I'll take Ruger cast parts over most companies forged parts.
They do some good casting.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:21   #15
Three-Five-Seven
Señor Mombo

Have I got this right?

You're asking if the company who perfected the process of investment casting firearms and other precision components uses cast parts in their 1911???

Have I got that right?
Old 12-27-2011, 08:58   #16
JaPes
Rimfire 1010101

Forgive me, but what's the big deal if a firearm has cast or mim parts? If the darn thing works, it works.
JaPes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 17:14   #17
AK74play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three-Five-Seven View Post
Have I got this right?

You're asking if the company who perfected the process of investment casting firearms and other precision components uses cast parts in their 1911???

Have I got that right?
No you don't have that right, no one ask if they use cast parts. Everyone already knows they do, I was just wanting to know what they were. I know it dont make a difference to most, BUT it does to me. Over the years I have seen and had to many break. And to this day NO ONE has perfected the process. It is tons better than it was but to this day bubbles still occur inside where you cant see them til they break.
Old 12-27-2011, 17:19   #18
AK74play

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
Forgive me, but what's the big deal if a firearm has cast or mim parts? If the darn thing works, it works.
Oh I agree for the most part, until a cast part break, then , thats right it don't work anymore. Again I'm not slamming cast parts but as long as I can do without them, I will. I was just wanting to know if anyone knew what they were befor I made the deal.

The reason I started this thread was for info and I have found most of what I wanted to know from those that actually read the thread. Thank you all for the input and now the war over cast parts can continue without me. Everyone that helped, Have a great day and a Happy New Year..
Old 12-27-2011, 18:25   #19
plouffedaddy

I like mine but based on your original post, it won't be up to your standards. I picked mine up for $550 so I don't expect the same quality as a Wilson Combat but it's a good gun. Mine is reliable and has a good 1911 out of the box trigger. No complaints from me.
1911 Forums
plouffedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 18:46   #20
JaPes
Rimfire 1010101

Quote:
I know it dont make a difference to most, BUT it does to me. Over the years I have seen and had to many break. And to this day NO ONE has perfected the process. It is tons better than it wasbut to this day bubbles still occur inside where you cant see them til they break.
Quote:
Oh I agree for the most part, until a cast part break, then , thats right it don't work anymore.
Thank you sir for providing me a new kernel of knowledge. It is much appreciated.
JaPes is offline   Reply With Quote