GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-05-2012, 14:17   #161
countrygun

Since this necrothread has arisen from the grave I might as well chime in with my .02.

There is an inescapable parallel betwenn the 10mm and the .41 mag, not just on the bore diameter similarity, although that is a part, but in the concept of a "niche" round.
I have 3 .41s and I reload for the round. I have also been shooting the 10mm for about a dozen years now, starting with a Witness and having just acquired a G20sf. Neither of the two rounds are going away but neither is about to be "rediscovered" the facts are out there and the general shooting public is/are rather blase' about them. For that reason the factories have no real incentive to ramp it up in production and without the increased production not enough shooters will be exposed. My LGS does a pretty good business and they order quite a few Glocks in 10mm. Seems as though a lot of folks think highly of the versatility in this area. despite this the LGS only has 3 boxes of ammo on the shelf at this moment because most of the shooters are reloaders or order their own. This leads me to the conclusion that, the 10mm just doesn't appeal to the "over the counter" consumer. Since Bill Ruger designed his first semi auto centerfire to house the 10mm, but that was not to be and it became a massively "overdesigned" .45 there "might" exist the possibility of it re-emerging as a 10mm, (very doubtful) but I don't see a new pistol being designed for a round that is still a "cult" specialty. The round tends to generate a bit of havoc in whichever existing platform it's put in and I can't help but wonder how the Ruger design would have held up.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 14:27   #162
svtpwnz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofmpower View Post
I'd make love to a P30 in 10mm or a p2000sk in 10mm
Or better yet a HK 10c off the 45c platform. Oh what a little slice of heaven that would be.
svtpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 14:40   #163
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Well a Gen 4 G20 dosent count because all that is, is a Gen4 G21 with 10mm barrel.
Guess you aren't aware of the differences in the 20, and 21. There is more to it than a barrel swap. The fact, that all others, who claim the 4th Gen in other models, is a change from the 3rd Gen, would in fact, make the 4th Gen intro of the 10MM model, a "New" introduction.

With Ruger sales rising 400% over the previous years sales, you are correct, they have no reason to introduce a 10. Nor does any of the other manufactures, you have listed. Not until sales come back to reality, will they see a need, to make new offerings, to generate sales figures. I can also say, and not that it matters, to anyone, is, all the manufactures you mentioned will not sell me another 9, or 40, or 45! Those have been covered. Over, and over, and over again. Ruger, if you want to sell me another firearm, it had better be something in 10MM. A single action, carbine, P-Series, matters not. If it's not in 10, I'm not interested. Same goes with Sig, H&K, M&P, on, and on. Again, I know it matters to no one. Just imagine if there are, I don't know, maybe 10 thousand firearm enthusiasts that feel like I do. Don't want, or need a 4th, or 5th, 9MM, and sales, become lack luster at, let's say Ruger. All of a sudden some high ranking sales figure, decides to come up with a new "10 SERIES" lineup. How about a SP-10, Blackhawk 10MM, DEERCAMP 10, and lastly a beefed up P-Series 10? Think Rugers sales would go up? I believe so!
Old 05-05-2012, 15:40   #164
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Didn't Colt just release the Delta Elite again?

10mm's are growing in popularity, albeit slowly, and it will never be ultra popular because of what it is.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
AK_Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 15:43   #165
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Smith&Wesson recently reintroduced the SW 610.
Old 05-05-2012, 16:17   #166
diamondd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Guess you aren't aware of the differences in the 20, and 21. There is more to it than a barrel swap. The fact, that all others, who claim the 4th Gen in other models, is a change from the 3rd Gen, would in fact, make the 4th Gen intro of the 10MM model, a "New" introduction.

Your right, it does need a new slide also. The breech face is a different size and would require a smaller drill bit to cut. But the frame is exactly the same as the G21 frame, which is already in prduction.
diamondd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 16:25   #167
mrsurfboard
The Anti-Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablecutter View Post
seems to me that 10mm is on the rise.
Yeah, that and the GAP
Old 05-05-2012, 16:41   #168
alwaysshootin

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd2 View Post
Your right, it does need a new slide also. The breech face is a different size and would require a smaller drill bit to cut. But the frame is exactly the same as the G21 frame, which is already in prduction.
So you agree, when the 4th Gen 20, hits the market, it will be a new, 10MM offering, and that doesn't count? Correct?

Have heard about the Delta, and 610, but realistically, what I would like to see is a firearm more in the $500 range for an auto, or revolver. Have no desire for paying close to twice that amount. No matter who's name is on it!
Old 05-05-2012, 18:29   #169
Jade Falcon
49er Loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMPRNR View Post
Springfield XDM in 10mm.
THIS! Give me a 5" barreled XDm in 10mm, and I'd be a happy guy!
Old 05-05-2012, 18:41   #170
countrygun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Falcon View Post
THIS! Give me a 5" barreled XDm in 10mm, and I'd be a happy guy!

I'll join that crowd. The closest I've been able to come for my XDM is a well known 'smith offering to see if he could drum up a barrel in .400 Cor-Bon
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 22:58   #171
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I think it would be nice if VLTOR could finally make the Bren Ten happen again, but it appears to be vapor ware.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:12   #172
Gary1911A1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
I think it would be nice if VLTOR could finally make the Bren Ten happen again, but it appears to be vapor ware.
Me too. I want one as you can likely guess from my Avatar. If they do I'll certainly buy one.

There was going to be another 10MM imported from Turkey by EEA, but it's up in the air right now although EEA had this at the last NRA Meeting:
Gary1911A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:00   #173
Wyoming

Send a message via Yahoo to Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Smith&Wesson recently reintroduced the SW 610.
Is that the Night Guard or 610?

I will keep an eye out for one. The used ones bring a large premium on GB.

10 mm must be on the rise. I didn't own one a two years ago and now have three.

I didn't have to fill out any paper work to own "destructive device".
Old 06-23-2012, 19:27   #174
leadslinger13

I would like to see a ruger redhawk in 10mm with 4 5/8 barrel .... sweet!!!!!....Ok i would settle for the 5.5 or 6 inch barrel...LOL

I can't seem to find a redhawk in 45 long colt. Anyone???
"Life shouldn't be a journey to the grave arriving in an attractive well preserved body, better to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"
leadslinger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 19:40   #175
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

I missed the Blackhawk Convertible 10mm by THAT much at the local gun shop. Argh!!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 20:12   #176
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
I'm not holding my breath.

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 20:42   #177
oldman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by esh325 View Post
Don't yell at here, but these gelatin tests show the 10mm not being that much better then a .45 acp. Could this be why the 10mm isn't popular? All that additional recoil and muzzle blast for little performance increase? Yes, I understand it's only 1 load.
.45 acp http://brassfetcher.com/FlyingAshtray.html
10mm http://brassfetcher.com/10mmAuto180grRemJHP.html
A 10mm is slightly stronger than a 357 magnum. That is a fact! I can make a gelatin test show anything that I want. The reason that most LEA's, including the FBI quit using the 10mm and 357 mag is because not all of their people could handle them. That and a little worry about over penetration. It is a powerful round and a lot of people have graduated to using them as a hunting round.
oldman11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 20:51   #178
method

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadslinger13 View Post
I would like to see a ruger redhawk in 10mm with 4 5/8 barrel .... sweet!!!!!....Ok i would settle for the 5.5 or 6 inch barrel...LOL

I can't seem to find a redhawk in 45 long colt. Anyone???
Didn't look too hard, huh?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=292895430
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:19   #179
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

I think the reason that law enforcement agencies went to lighter rounds is because of the platform change. In the 80s they all started to change over from revolvers to semi autos. At the time of the change the fashonable round to change to was either 9mm or .45. There has and always will be a limited choice of pistols available in 10mm and unless there is a lot of choice it probably isn't going to get picked.

I know in my experience, when the revolver was king, the magnum rounds were chosen because it was what was popular. Also, government is going to be driven by cost too. they aren't going to be to keen to shell out a lot of extra dough for 10mm when 9, 40, and 45 are cheaper. I just don't think it is so much of a recoil issue as it is made out to be.

How DUI enforcement should really work.

Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:38   #180
Rustin

M&P with a 6" bbl!
Rustin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10mm, sp101