Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:37   #321
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneasyRider View Post
On January 1st I started a diet. At 6'3" with short legs I am all torso making it easy for me to carry some extra weight but I hit my mental limit at 257 pounds and today weighed in at 232 pounds for the 25 pound loss!

I feel much better even though I never felt bad before and I think that I look better too (my wife tells me this). I got stuck at 15 pounds and joined weight watchers and I have been going to meeting for a while and they put me back on track with some education and tracking tools. I am going for 195 pounds so I have 37 more to go. My cardiologist tells me that this will give ANYONE about 10 more years of life! He told me that 15 years ago...

Congrats!

"Accuracy first, Speed second.....Speed first, Accuracy never"
Old 05-24-2012, 09:30   #322
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirgi08 View Post
That should feed your NEF single shot fer a while.'08.
I was going to use them in my slingshot.
Old 05-24-2012, 13:55   #323
Bolster
Not Ready Yet!

Quote:
today weighed in at 232 pounds for the 25 pound loss!
Woot!!
Old 05-24-2012, 14:22   #324
DoctaGlockta

Quote:

I feel much better even though I never felt bad before and I think that I look better too (my wife tells me this). I got stuck at 15 pounds and joined weight watchers and I have been going to meeting for a while and they put me back on track with some education and tracking tools. I am going for 195 pounds so I have 37 more to go. My cardiologist tells me that this will give ANYONE about 10 more years of life! He told me that 15 years ago...
I used to think Weight Watchers was a waste until my wife joined. It really works. Congrats on the loss. Keep it up.

Ordered a Rocket stove and it shipped today. I've been wanting one for a while and finally pulled the trigger.

- Barack Hussein Obama

Last edited by DoctaGlockta; 05-24-2012 at 16:24..
Old 05-26-2012, 18:40   #325
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Ordered another deep carry CCW..

Diamondback DB380EXO..http://www.impactguns.com/diamondbac...875011033.aspx

..spare magazine with finger rest..

..Crimson Trace LG-491 Laser Module..

..Versacarry IWB Holster http://www.versacarry.com/

..several hundreds rounds of ammo for break-in, testing, sight-in of the laser module, & carry...Aguilla, PMC, Hornady, Corbon

Last edited by LongGun1; 05-26-2012 at 20:12..
Old 05-26-2012, 18:42   #326
emt1581
Curious Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongGun1 View Post

..Crimson Trace LG-491 Laser Module.. Amazon.com: Crimson Trace Diamondback DB380 Laserguard: Sports & Outdoors

..Versacarry IWB Holster http://www.versacarry.com/

..several hundreds rounds of ammo for break-in, testing, sight-in of the laser module, & carry...Aguilla, PMC, Hornady, Corbon
I wish they made something like that for Mossbergs so I could holster it with a laser on.

-Emt1581
Old 05-26-2012, 18:56   #327
wrenrj1

Quote:
On January 1st I started a diet. At 6'3" with short legs I am all torso making it easy for me to carry some extra weight but I hit my mental limit at 257 pounds and today weighed in at 232 pounds for the 25 pound loss!

Good for you UneasyRider! I started my diet on January 6th and am down 37 lbs.to date (238-201) still have 21 lbs. to go. I bought a book called "Why we are fat, and what to do about it." Basically, low carb. and walking 8-10 miles/day.

What I saw was more important that I had to get my head in the game and decide that this diet would be life changing and the #1 priority above everything else. So far it's working.

Wren
Old 05-26-2012, 18:59   #328
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:

Nice! I bought a Deep Carry for me and for my wife and they are great, we carry Glock 26's in them with a couple of extra mag's. It's not my EDC but it's a really nice option isn't it.

They make your Diamondback up the street from my office next to Kel-Tec. I think it was a former employee who left to design this gun. Thanks for keeping our economy going!

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
Old 05-26-2012, 19:09   #329
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenrj1 View Post
Good for you UneasyRider! I started my diet on January 6th and am down 37 lbs.to date (238-201) still have 21 lbs. to go. I bought a book called "Why we are fat, and what to do about it." Basically, low carb. and walking 8-10 miles/day.

What I saw was more important that I had to get my head in the game and decide that this diet would be life changing and the #1 priority above everything else. So far it's working.

Wren
Wow that's really great! I go and weigh in every week and the people are really nice there. I tried to do it on my own like you but I got stuck, I lost 9 pounds in May so I think that I am back on track...

That 8-10 miles a day of walking is quite an investment of time and effort. You are going to lose those 21 pounds no problem. Great prep on both the weight and the walking both.

"Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms." - Aristotle,
Old 05-26-2012, 19:43   #330
Dbltapglock

delete

Last edited by Dbltapglock; 07-15-2012 at 20:08..
Old 05-26-2012, 21:21   #331
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Raised bed garden.

Onions
Sweet potatoes
Rosemary
Basil
Parsley
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Peppers
Hot peppers

Finished it.
Loaded it with dirt and manure
Caged to prevent critter munchery.

Water and wait.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 05-26-2012, 22:13   #332
Tom Kanik

Bought another "Big Buddy" heater for the store's close-out price of $65.00...
Old 05-26-2012, 23:05   #333
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Nice! I bought a Deep Carry for me and for my wife and they are great, we carry Glock 26's in them with a couple of extra mag's. It's not my EDC but it's a really nice option isn't it.

They make your Diamondback up the street from my office next to Kel-Tec. I think it was a former employee who left to design this gun. Thanks for keeping our economy going!
What do you EDC (firearm & holster)?

Always looking for more options!

The DB380EXO setup will be a secondary firearm to the new CZ 75 P-07 Duty..(or custom G19)

..but the DB likely will end up the most commonly used EDC..

..along with my laser equipped Keltec P32.

I believe the best defensive firearm is the one you have on you at the time you really need it!

As far as keeping the economy going..

..I only wish I could do more!

Last edited by LongGun1; 05-26-2012 at 23:07..
Old 05-27-2012, 06:03   #334
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
What do you EDC (firearm & holster)?

Always looking for more options!

The DB380EXO setup will be a secondary firearm to the new CZ 75 P-07 Duty..(or custom G19)

..but the DB likely will end up the most commonly used EDC..

..along with my laser equipped Keltec P32.

I believe the best defensive firearm is the one you have on you at the time you really need it!

As far as keeping the economy going..

..I only wish I could do more!
Either the G19 or G26 with the Scherer finger extesions in an MTAC set to ride low. I just sold a couple of Kel-Tec .380's for $300 each (I paid $230 and $240 and made money on the accessories and ammo too) I am just too comfortable tucking the G26 or untucked with the G19 and prefer the longer range.

I absolutely love the Deep Carry and might buy a couple more and throw them in the laundry like t-shirts. I had the idea for that holster years ago... I'm just glad that somebody made it. I think that I could get used to wearing it every day with a G26 and a couple of magazines if I wanted to, what do you think?

Old 05-27-2012, 17:55   #335
wrenrj1

Quote:
That 8-10 miles a day of walking is quite an investment of time and effort. You are going to lose those 21 pounds no problem. Great prep on both the weight and the walking both.
Really, no it's not. Go buy a fitbit from Best Buy. It's a pedometer on steroids that links to your computer to track your exercise, weight loss, and food intake. Research it, I'm into gadgets, and I'm all about tracking my progress. Take steps, give up elevators is one suggestion. I gave up my three floor ride a month ago, and feel better.

I walk on breaks, 1-mile, Lunch 2-3 miles, another break, 1-mile, and treadmill an hour after work. It's easy to get to my goal. It takes time and effort to gain wait, it'll take time and effort to lose weight. Believe me, it works.

Wren
Old 05-27-2012, 19:21   #336
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Either the G19 or G26 with the Scherer finger extesions in an MTAC set to ride low. I just sold a couple of Kel-Tec .380's for $300 each (I paid $230 and $240 and made money on the accessories and ammo too) I am just too comfortable tucking the G26 or untucked with the G19 and prefer the longer range.

I absolutely love the Deep Carry and might buy a couple more and throw them in the laundry like t-shirts. I had the idea for that holster years ago... I'm just glad that somebody made it. I think that I could get used to wearing it every day with a G26 and a couple of magazines if I wanted to, what do you think?
Nice setup!

When it comes to CCW & holsters..

..I believe it is what works best for you.

Considering a Cell Pal for my next deep conceal CCW holster.

http://www.concealedcomfort.com/buy.shtml#Cell

..maybe a Smart Carry also..

http://www.imao.us/archives/000638.html

Last edited by LongGun1; 05-27-2012 at 19:23..
Old 05-27-2012, 19:56   #337
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Nice setup!

When it comes to CCW & holsters..

..I believe it is what works best for you.

Considering a Cell Pal for my next deep conceal CCW holster.

http://www.concealedcomfort.com/buy.shtml#Cell

..maybe a Smart Carry also..

http://www.imao.us/archives/000638.html
Sure, my holster box holds a "Pager Pal" that is very much the same as the Cell Pal and I used it daily for years, very nice.

A fellow at work once noticed the pager pal printing a bit and knowing that I was a gun enthusiast asked me if that was a pistol. I told him no, that's a colostomy bag. He appologized and I accepted then a month or two later he entered the mens room while I was at the urinal and he realized that I did not have a colostomy bag! We laughed about that for years.

My holster box also holds a couple of Smart Carry Clones for a large and a small pistol. Also an excellent concealment system if you ask me. I think we all have tried many holsters, I have liked most of them too, some more than others of course. It seems to me that we need multiple holsters in order to match what we are wearing. Good luck with yours!

Old 05-27-2012, 20:10   #338
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Sure, my holster box holds a "Pager Pal" that is very much the same as the Cell Pal and I used it daily for years, very nice.

A fellow at work once noticed the pager pal printing a bit and knowing that I was a gun enthusiast asked me if that was a pistol. I told him no, that's a colostomy bag. He appologized and I accepted then a month or two later he entered the mens room while I was at the urinal and he realized that I did not have a colostomy bag! We laughed about that for years.

My holster box also holds a couple of Smart Carry Clones for a large and a small pistol. Also an excellent concealment system if you ask me. I think we all have tried many holsters, I have liked most of them too, some more than others of course. It seems to me that we need multiple holsters in order to match what we are wearing. Good luck with yours!
Good One.... with the colostomy bag!!

As you well know..

..holsters & carry options tend to be very user selective...

..if I ever find the perfect one I will let you know..

..please do the same for me!

That being said..

..sounds like you & I are looking down very similar paths!

BTW....another addition to my week!

I have been wanting supplemental protection to the body armor (impact/skid pads) currently in my motorcycle vest..

..something that is projectile resistant, stab resistant, abrasion resistant with a low coefficient of friction (for high speed skids), water & body salt resistant, ect

..and something that will give me a better chance at survival & reduction of gross trauma to the torso..

..if one day I collide with a vehicle, tree, embankment, deer, etc.

Been looking at a certain vest that fits the above criteria..

..IIIA, 4XL, STAB+ UHMWPE, lightweight (10lbs), etc..

..& it went on sale and one is now on the way!

I know there are a few negatives when considering UHMWPE..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-h...t_polyethylene

..but for my purposes it fits the need!

Old 05-27-2012, 21:34   #339
UneasyRider
C.D.B.

Quote:
Good One.... with the colostomy bag!!

As you well know..

..holsters & carry options tend to be very user selective...

..if I ever find the perfect one I will let you know..

..please do the same for me!

That being said..

..sounds like you & I are looking down very similar paths!

BTW....another addition to my week!

I have been wanting supplemental protection to the body armor (impact/skid pads) currently in my motorcycle vest..

..something that is projectile resistant, stab resistant, abrasion resistant with a low coefficient of friction (for high speed skids), water & body salt resistant, ect

..and something that will give me a better chance at survival & reduction of gross trauma to the torso..

..if one day I collide with a vehicle, tree, embankment, deer, etc.

Been looking at a certain vest that fits the above criteria..

..IIIA, 4XL, STAB+ UHMWPE, lightweight (10lbs), etc..

..& it went on sale and one is now on the way!

I know there are a few negatives when considering UHMWPE..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-h...t_polyethylene

..but for my purposes it fits the need!
Good idea on the vest, I watched a guy bleed out in his wife's arms on the Bear Tooth Pass when he ran his bike off of the road and landed on a freshly cut sappling about one inch in diameter. It looked like the work of a road crew keeping the brush back.

For the last several years we only ride ATTGATT - All The Gear All The Time. You may be interested in this companies kevlar mesh riding suits:

http://www.motoport.com/

BTW Your inbox is full and I want to PM you something.

Old 05-28-2012, 21:31   #340
LongGun1
StraightShooter

Quote:
Good idea on the vest, I watched a guy bleed out in his wife's arms on the Bear Tooth Pass when he ran his bike off of the road and landed on a freshly cut sappling about one inch in diameter. It looked like the work of a road crew keeping the brush back.

For the last several years we only ride ATTGATT - All The Gear All The Time. You may be interested in this companies kevlar mesh riding suits:

http://www.motoport.com/

BTW Your inbox is full and I want to PM you something.
An incident like you describe is one of the reasons I like serious PPE.

There is a twisty little 19? mile stretch of road I like to ride that claimed the lives of 4 riders & many more seriously injured in a year time span.

Now considering a one piece Mesh Kevlar to replace my riding leathers..

..thanks for the heads-up!

I will try to make some space in my PM box soon!

Closed Thread