SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:29   #1
bklynpete
Viet Nam Vet

Post xmas CM9

My girlfriend and her family gave me some Sportsman's Warehouse gift cards, so I bought a Kahr CM9 for $429.00. I also bought a 20rd box of Speer Gold dot 147gr jhp's. I have some 124 +p, short barrel Speer ammo, so we will see which shoots better in it. They didn't have any spare mags, so I called around and scored 2-6rd mags for $27.00 each on sale at my range. Even better then the $32 from Midway, which was out of stock anyway.
Boy is it tight. I did the cursory take down, clean and lube, but what a pia to put it back together. The recoil spring was extremely difficult to put back in correctly. It took me awhile, but it"s ok now. I'm hopeing after firing it, it will loosen up. I will hit the range tomorrow and let you know how it works out.
bklynpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:06   #2
dp509

I have the CW9 and love it.

It is my off duty gun.

Shoot it 200 times to get used to it and to break it in.

You will love it.

Pacis Per Excellens Incendia Vox
dp509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 18:42   #3
bklynpete
Viet Nam Vet

Took it to the range today. I had 2 failure to lock back after the last round using Federal American Eagle 124gr fmj. After 50 rds, no problems.

I tested Speer Gold Dot 124 +p and 147gr jhp's. The 124gr +p's shot to point of aim, so that's what I will go with. I shot 150 rds today, and like I said, no failures after the first 50rds. It fits in the pocket holster that I had for my BG380 and I ordered a OWB Hume, JIT belt slide holster. It's backordered, so hopefully, it will come in soon.

All in all, I am happy with it.
Old 01-02-2012, 19:10   #4
Bruce M

Hoping you continue to enjoy your CM9.
I never talked to anyone who had to fire their gun who said "I wished I had the smaller gun and fewer rounds with me" Just because you find a hundred people who agree with you on the internet does not mean you're right.
Bruce M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 19:22   #5
bklynpete
Viet Nam Vet

Thanks Bruce!!
Old 01-02-2012, 19:35   #6
arrtvandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynpete View Post
My girlfriend and her family gave me some Sportsman's Warehouse gift cards, so I bought a Kahr CM9 for $429.00. I also bought a 20rd box of Speer Gold dot 147gr jhp's. I have some 124 +p, short barrel Speer ammo, so we will see which shoots better in it. They didn't have any spare mags, so I called around and scored 2-6rd mags for $27.00 each on sale at my range. Even better then the $32 from Midway, which was out of stock anyway.
Boy is it tight. I did the cursory take down, clean and lube, but what a pia to put it back together. The recoil spring was extremely difficult to put back in correctly. It took me awhile, but it"s ok now. I'm hopeing after firing it, it will loosen up. I will hit the range tomorrow and let you know how it works out.
i also just bought a cm9. i haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but i did break it down and clean/lube it. it took me about 30mins to get the takedown pin out, and another 30 mins to get the recoil assembly back together. hopefully it will get better after break-in.

i'm taking it to the range this weekend for 50-100 rds so that should help. i also have a new walther pps to break in as well so maybe the 200rd break in on the kahr will happen as my ammo supply allows. and what a difference in takedown ease. the walther is just like a glock, no takedown pin, captured recoil spring. i can't wait to try these 2 out...

Last edited by arrtvandelay; 01-02-2012 at 19:39..
arrtvandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 19:47   #7
Supertuck

Please keep us updated. I think I have finally narrowed the single-9 choice down to the CM9 or the PM9. Still trying to decide and save a little extra $$.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!
Supertuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 19:57   #8
HKLovingIT
Resident Evil

Sounds good. After 200-500 rounds it will settle in nice and loosen up a touch. Enjoy.

кто пукнул здесь?
Nescio, sed foetet.
HKLovingIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 20:46   #9
BrewerGeorge

I wouldn't even try to judge ammo reliability until you put 200 down range.
BrewerGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 21:08   #10
ithaca_deerslayer

Welcome to the club. Take down and reassembly is easy after you know how to do it. Align the witness marks, then align further based on least resistance to the pin and it slides in and out easy. Never had an issue compressing the recoil spring.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 21:11   #11
craig19

Nice, congrats!
Old 01-02-2012, 21:15   #12
Seven High

Check the Kahr website. They were offering a free magazine for the CM9 if you register the firearm with them before a certain date.
Seven High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:46   #13
KarlThomas

Congrats! Don't worry about those failures to lock back. Kahr advertises these guns as having a break in period, so hopefully that problem will disappear completely (I think it will).

Also, pics or it didn't happen.
KarlThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:49   #14
bklynpete
Viet Nam Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlThomas View Post
Congrats! Don't worry about those failures to lock back. Kahr advertises these guns as having a break in period, so hopefully that problem will disappear completely (I think it will).

Also, pics or it didn't happen.
LOL, I was waiting for someone to ask for a pic, here it is.

Last edited by bklynpete; 07-05-2012 at 18:15..
Old 01-03-2012, 12:58   #15
bklynpete
Viet Nam Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrtvandelay View Post
i also just bought a cm9. i haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but i did break it down and clean/lube it. it took me about 30mins to get the takedown pin out, and another 30 mins to get the recoil assembly back together. hopefully it will get better after break-in.

i'm taking it to the range this weekend for 50-100 rds so that should help. i also have a new walther pps to break in as well so maybe the 200rd break in on the kahr will happen as my ammo supply allows. and what a difference in takedown ease. the walther is just like a glock, no takedown pin, captured recoil spring. i can't wait to try these 2 out...
Yes, after you put some rounds through it, take down and reassembly is much easier. You really have to make sure all pressure is off the takedown pin, before it can be removed. The recoil spring will also loosen up with use.
I really don't see any reason to buy the PM9 any longer. The extra $200 or so for prettier markings on the slide, extra mag, just isn't worth it in my opinion. The gun functions and shoots well without the extra's.
Old 01-03-2012, 18:08   #16
Supertuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynpete View Post
LOL, I was waiting for someone to ask for a pic, here it is.
One great looking gun. Congratulations......and yes.....I'm a little bit jealous.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!
Supertuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 21:18   #17
bac1023

Congrats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:10   #18
Chonny

Whats the difference between the CM9 and the PM9.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:59   #19
BrewerGeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonny View Post
Whats the difference between the CM9 and the PM9.
$200

General Firearms Forum
BrewerGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:26   #20
SeventyGTX

I know what you mean about TIGHT. I recently picked up a new PM9 and did the obligatory racking of the slide about 500-600 times before I even fired it. At first, I was only good for about 30 racks and my hand has dead. It did start to loosen up to where I could go about 60 or 70 times without taking a break.

The first time I took it out to fire it, I got about 70 rounds through it before the 30 degree temps took its toll on my hands and I called it a day. The gun fired fine with the exception of the 7 round mag. If loaded with 7, it would not feed properly and jam up. With 6, it was fine. Not sure what is causing that. The 6 round mag was flawless.

Last edited by SeventyGTX; 01-04-2012 at 09:27..
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote