SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:15   #1
itstime

Sig or other .22lr 1911

Hello.

Sig lists two different weights of these on their website. Click o one color and it's like 18 oz and another is over 30 oz.

Are these full weight 1911's?

Anybody have one? Do they work? Be fun to buy a 550 pack and have fun. Or do they needthe good stuff from CCI?

Im looking at these pretty hard now. Haven't felt one in person though.

Any advice would be appreciated. Even other brands.
itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:40   #2
Quack
Rent this space

if you have a 1911, i'd recommend the Marvel conversion.

i looked at knedrgr's GSG-22, it's nice and all, but uses proprietary mags, so my Kimber and Marvel mags won't fit into the gun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 14:44   #3
FLIPPER 348
Happy Member

The GSG is sexy and they are working well. I built a Fusion alloy lower for my Kimber conversion to have a dedicated .22 1911. It won't shoot all the cheap ammo but runs well on Rem Golden and Federal bulk. It is accurate as hell and my most shot 1911. I'm ready to drop the $$$ on the Browning even though it is not full size as I'm a sucker for a GI style 1911.

Last edited by FLIPPER 348; 01-08-2012 at 14:45..
FLIPPER 348 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 18:15   #4
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
if you have a 1911, i'd recommend the Marvel conversion.
Those conversions are nice.

bac1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 13:30   #5
Messenger
American Made

When you buy a Marvel Conversion they include the "badge" that holds the test grouping for your unit. I have two units and they both have approximately a .55 inch group at 50 yards.

You should only be allowed to vote if you
are a legal, working, tax paying AMERICAN
Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 13:59   #6
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
When you buy a Marvel Conversion they include the "badge" that holds the test grouping for your unit. I have two units and they both have approximately a .55 inch group at 50 yards.
No way. No damn way.
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 15:36   #7
Quack
Rent this space

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverMore1701 View Post
No way. No damn way.
Way.
http://www.marvelprecision.com/unit1.php
http://www.marvelprecision.com/target.php
Quote:
A NOTE ABOUT OUR TESTING PROCEDURES

Marvel test-fires each and every unit before it is shipped, and we test-fire them a lot. Every single one shipped will shoot under 1” at 50 yards. Now, when we say a Unit will shoot under 1”, we don’t mean once. We don’t mean twice. We mean consistently, time and time again. (Theoretically and mathamatically, any gun is capable of shooting a sub-one-inch group once.) And the target we ship with that unit is not the smallest one it shot - it is an average group from that individual Unit.

The targets you see on this page are extra average targets from Units we shipped (we test each Unit with between 100 and 200 rounds - so we get a lot of extra targets). We also urge you to test your new unit with your favorite ammos. Just because we got a .6732" group with your Unit and our lot of Eley doesn’tmean it won’t shoot better with some other ammo. Only testing will tell.
1911 Forums

Last edited by Quack; 01-09-2012 at 15:40..
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 17:25   #8
NeverMore1701
Platinum Membership
Fear no evil.

That is downright amazing!
For the last time
NeverMore1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 17:48   #9
knedrgr

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstime View Post
Hello.

Sig lists two different weights of these on their website. Click o one color and it's like 18 oz and another is over 30 oz.

Are these full weight 1911's?

Anybody have one? Do they work? Be fun to buy a 550 pack and have fun. Or do they needthe good stuff from CCI?

Im looking at these pretty hard now. Haven't felt one in person though.

Any advice would be appreciated. Even other brands.
Here's my quick run down on my GSG 1911-22. Same thing as the Sig version.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1385406

I was looking at the Marvel conversion and also the Nighthawk.

A few seasons why I went with the GSG:
1) I don't have a spare lower for either of those upper conversions. And I wasn't just about to slap something together.

2) The LGS had the GSG 1911-22 on sale and walked out the door with it for $308.

3) The 22LRs are so finicky that malfunctions are expected. This is not a downfall, in my eyes. Therefore, it's a cheaper training tools for clearing malfunctions and getting the gun back into action.

4) Not trying to punch 0.5" holes in paper @ 25 yards.

Given that the slide is aluminum, it's not close to a full size steel 1911.

You can also try to look at RIA's new 1911-22. Should be on shelf soon. Looks really promising with a full steel gun.

http://centerfiresystems.com/ac-ri1911-22lr.aspx
COTEFT #2

knedrgr is offline   Reply With Quote