Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:22   #41
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
ported bbl? can you post more pix from various angles? also what is standard on the gun and what is extra?

thanks.
MPA Protector is different from the Protector II, from what I have read. The Protector II has the beavertail, comes with one mag, either with a flat floorplate or the pinky extension, and an extra mag spring. There are no sights, just a groove. Here is a pic of the ports:

***deleted***
-Rimfire Club#1097 -Florida Glockers Club#1097 -Black Rifle Club #1097 -Certified Glock Armorer

RIP John Noveske- 1976 - 2013

Last edited by GSSF17; 09-14-2012 at 18:36..
GSSF17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:38   #42
gruntmedik
CLM Number 291
Honk Honk

I was all about finding one of these, right up until I saw it is ported. Personal preference, but I don't agree with ported barrels on defensive handguns.
Old 03-10-2012, 13:02   #43
JRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntmedik View Post
I was all about finding one of these, right up until I saw it is ported. Personal preference, but I don't agree with ported barrels on defensive handguns.
so find yourself a first gen model.
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 13:24   #44
HeliGlock
HeliGlock

Congrats on the new 380. Looks pretty Awesome. I carry the Walther PPK in 380 ACP and fits very nice in the pocket and also Doubles as a Backup. Keep us Posted.
HeliGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 15:57   #45
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Ports don't bother me. I actually had no idea it was ported until I got it. Designed as such for a reason, I figure. This weapon is engineered well and the attention to detail is admirable.
-Rimfire Club#1097 -Florida Glockers Club#1097 -Black Rifle Club #1097 -Certified Glock Armorer

Old 03-10-2012, 18:24   #46
cloudbuster

Is that the magazine release on the left side of the grip? That looks like an awful spot for a lefty. Completely covered by your palm, so you'd have to practically switch hands just to eject the mag. Might even cause you to accidentally drop the mag just from gripping too hard. Don't people even think a little bit about lefties when designing a gun? After all these years?
"A constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all." -- Justice Antonin Scalia, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER, June 26, 2008
cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 18:36   #47
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
Is that the magazine release on the left side of the grip? That looks like an awful spot for a lefty. Completely covered by your palm, so you'd have to practically switch hands just to eject the mag. Might even cause you to accidentally drop the mag just from gripping too hard. Don't people even think a little bit about lefties when designing a gun? After all these years?
That is, in fact, the mag release. It is there and has to be pressed toward the rear of the pistols, to keep from accidentally releasing the mag during he pressures and bends/twists of pocket carry. Pretty slick, I think. For a lefty, I triedn this; gripped the pistol in my left hand and used my bird finger to eject the mag. Pistol was held by my thumb and forefinger. Or a simple 2 handed manipulation of the grip and release is easy, no matter righty or lefty. Just my observation.

But I seriously doubt you would be doing rapid magazine changes in a .380 mousegun in a self defense situation. If you are, you are in a bad friggin situation. That said, it's not impossible by any means.

Old 03-10-2012, 18:58   #48
cloudbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSF17 View Post
I seriously doubt you would be doing rapid magazine changes in a .380 mousegun in a self defense situation.
Probably not, but I like to have the option . I'd have to give it a try and see if I found it awkward.
"A constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all." -- Justice Antonin Scalia, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ET AL. v. HELLER, June 26, 2008
cloudbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 20:02   #49
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
Probably not, but I like to have the option . I'd have to give it a try and see if I found it awkward.

As the smallest 380 auto made there have been some concessions. This is definitely one of them.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 18:35   #50
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Update

2 more mags of Speer GDHPs put though it this afternoon, mags have stayed loaded since March. Functioned flawlessly.

Still very happy with this little pocket pistol.

Old 09-15-2012, 01:51   #51
JuneyBooney

Quote:
MPA works well, and as far as concealing the weapon, I live in FL. You only need a shirt about 3 weeks out of the year down here. I took the trash out this morning in shorts and flip flops. 6'2" and 200 lbs, a G27 looks like a fax machine in my pocket
You have to place it close to your jewels and make yourself look "large".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool songs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Cool car:
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:57   #52
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Yeah, the whole, "is that a gun in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"

In all seriousness, I have carried this pistol often this summer and fall and it was a good buy. I had not fired it since the spring, and when I went shooting yesterday, I grabbed it and the 2 loaded mags (that stay loaded). I pull it out of the holster, pocket lint and all, and it goes bang every time. Very pleased.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:20   #53
Darkangel1846

My little KelTec .380 does just fine for the job it was made for. Its larger brother Mr. Glock 29 does the heavy work.
Old 09-15-2012, 16:34   #54
deputy tom

Quote:
Yeah, the whole, "is that a gun in your pocket or are you happy to see me?"

In all seriousness, I have carried this pistol often this summer and fall and it was a good buy. I had not fired it since the spring, and when I went shooting yesterday, I grabbed it and the 2 loaded mags (that stay loaded). I pull it out of the holster, pocket lint and all, and it goes bang every time. Very pleased.
Good info. I know someone looking for an inexpensive pocket pistol. tom.

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus ceòl The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 18:31   #55
Unk

GSSF17, at 6'2" and 200 pounds you are a little light for a 27 or bear hunting with a switch.

I grew out of the following mouse guns. in order;

Iver Johnson TP22 .22 LR
High Standard Derringer .22 Magnum
AMT Back Up .380
Mod 60 .38 Special..still got it, see;

General Firearms Forum

having a primary made them seem OK.. at the time. Lusted in my heart for Seacamp .32 between the .22 magnum and the .380. I've recently read that a sharp pointy stick is better than nothing.

Have fun with your mouser.
Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 20:16   #56
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

Any updates GSSF17? Mine has been flawless (aside from not feeding any Hornady CD ammo) through 350 rounds now. I can point shoot a 16oz coke bottle at 15' with a comfortable regularity.
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:55   #57
GSSF17
...2 of 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_drebin View Post
Any updates GSSF17? Mine has been flawless (aside from not feeding any Hornady CD ammo) through 350 rounds now. I can point shoot a 16oz coke bottle at 15' with a comfortable regularity.
I run Speer Gold dots and have had ZERO problems. Great little pistol. I have not shot it outside of 7 yards, but the rounds go where I aim and it goes bang every time.

I shoot it every couple months. I leave the mags loaded and shoot them empty- last time I shot it was in September. I will shoot it again this weekend.