SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-12-2012, 14:53   #1
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Why do Sons Of Guns think they can make a more reliable piston AR?

HK can't do it, SIG, LWRC, so why on earth would a hillbilly outfit of missfits think they can honestly hand some kid that has no experience on the AR platform a project to recreate and make the gun more reliable than an AK... or a direct impingement AR for that matter.

Stupid. I am done watching that show.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 14:59   #2
JHorner_G17C
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Agreed! Watching that crap just makes my blood boil!
Old 01-12-2012, 15:01   #3
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
DirtyThirty fan

It's a "realality show",....what do you expect?!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 15:08   #4
CrookCounty
Trolling Noob

To get people interested in seeing if they can actually do it, which will make them watch the shows, boost their ratings, get them a new contract and allow these morons be on TV for longer....TURN THE CHANNEL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
CrookCounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 15:12   #5
gommer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
HK can't do it, SIG, LWRC, so why on earth would a hillbilly outfit of missfits think they can honestly hand some kid that has no experience on the AR platform a project to recreate and make the gun more reliable than an AK... or a direct impingement AR for that matter.

Well, I certainly agree the show sucks. It makes me want to pull my eyes from their sockets and chew on them. Truly.

However, I never fault anyone for giving an honest effort. Truthfully, our educational system is great at teaching our children all of the things they can not do.

The thing is, sometimes that idiot that didn't know they couldn't do something is just the idiot that gets it done.

Maybe that's why God made so many stupid people - so there'd still be people trying to do what everyone else already told them can't be done.

gommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 15:12   #6
bmoore

That show is horrible. I turn the channel.

Last edited by bmoore; 01-12-2012 at 15:15..
bmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 15:12   #7
ronin.45

It's funny that they are going to "revolutionize" the AR by dropping in a piston conversion kit. Especially when they can't even get it running before they take it to the desert!
Old 01-12-2012, 15:15   #8
illrooster132

that show and the kardashian stuff is way over due for cancellation . makes me puke!
Old 01-12-2012, 15:18   #9
t1tan

Because theyre idiots...

I walked into the day room of my fire station one night where the guys were watching it telling me I'd love it being a "gun guy". I walked out a minute later and checked the rigs over until it was over.
t1tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 15:39   #10
Cambo

The only reason to watch it is to be amazed at how poorly a business can be run and to tear it apart with commentary. I am still in awe that they could lose 10 machine guns(I am sure that will never be mentioned although it would be good for ratings!!).
Old 01-12-2012, 15:40   #11
esh325

Quote:

Who says H&K can't do it? Can't comment on Sig and LWRC. I haven't heard of issues with the HK416. Many countries wouldn't be buying them if that were the case. The HK416 is probably the most proven piston AR there is at the moment. As far as Redjacket making a good piston AR, I think you're right that they probably lack the expertise. They are just gunsmiths, not gun designers.

Last edited by esh325; 01-12-2012 at 15:41..
esh325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 15:43   #12
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esh325 View Post
Who says H&K can't do it? Can't comment on Sig and LWRC. I haven't heard of issues with the HK416. Many countries wouldn't be buying them if that were the case. The HK416 is probably the most proven piston AR there is at the moment. As far as Redjacket making a good piston AR, I think you're right that they probably lack the expertise. They are just gunsmiths, not gun designers.
I don't know why HK can't do it. I don't work for HK. But I do know this:

Quote:
The Tactical Wire has learned from very reliable sources that the US military has encountered significant problems with H&K Model 416s in combat conditions. HK has suspended production pending an internal investigation and inspection of that weapon system.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ion-suspended/
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Old 01-12-2012, 15:45   #13
Rexzilla
Hoosier

Change the channel...not worth the time watching it. I am an ole fart and I can't believe all the myths they want people to buy in to when buying guns or doing conversions. The show reminds me of the times I have walked in to a gun shop when there is a "mall ninja" selling guns loaded down with all sorts of ordinance just waiting for a zombie attack....I walk out of those places.
I want to talk to old gunsmiths to learn...what breaks and really does need to be replaced...not mod something up so it is unusable.

...just my two bits...
Old 01-12-2012, 15:45   #14
esh325

Quote:
I don't know why HK can't do it. I don't work for HK. But I do know this:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ion-suspended/
That's just one incident.
esh325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 15:51   #15
Cletus

I don't mind watching the show because it is more entertaining than most shows on tv right now. But I agree it looks like they just put a bunch of magpul parts and other after market parts together and call it a new custom ar.
Ruger 10/22 Target
Dan Wesson Classic Bobtail 1911
Cletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 15:51   #16
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esh325 View Post
That's just one incident.
Ok but the Army is not buying anymore of them. So one or 100 incidents - they don't have a US contract any longer.

Sons of Guns obviously is not getting a contract either.

Old 01-12-2012, 15:51   #17
TN.Frank
Mad Hatter

From what I've read and seen on shows like Tac TV, ect. there already are some very reliable pistol ARs on the market. Why Red Jacket would try to reinvent the wheel is a mystery to me. Also, with so many quality AR lowers on the market why in heck did they have to mill a new lower. Why not just buy an already make lower to do the build? Only reason I've started watching this stupid show again is because of the drama between Vince and Chris.
Old 01-12-2012, 15:52   #18
notjustanothermini
'OP'

red jacket is pretty proffesional outfit, what you see on a 30min. tv show and what actually goes on is worlds apart.

these guys have years of satisfied customers, serious accounts and such.

they need to make building guns more TV friendly, so they add drama, kid trying to poke his daughter, yada yada yada.

but "imma take me this ar and put good aftermarket parts on it and call it out new weapons system" is stupid.

how bout "MOB WIVES"
notjustanothermini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 15:53   #19
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
I don't mind watching the show because it is more entertaining than most shows on tv right now. But I agree it looks like they just put a bunch of magpul parts and other after market parts together and call it a new custom ar.
Yeah it looks like a Bushmaster retrofit drop in. But I didn't want to say anything

Old 01-12-2012, 16:07   #20
carloglock19

I'm sure all the drama is just to keep watchers coming back for more. I stopped watching it yesterday for good, the guy with all the tats and sandles just annoys the crap out of me so no more sons of guns for me!
BRC - 2016
carloglock19 is offline   Reply With Quote