SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:11   #1
HiVel
HiVel

New info in Gunblast video

All about new 10mm ammo in the latest Gunblast spot-interestingand good to know......
Old 01-15-2012, 11:46   #2
_The_Shadow
Ret. Fireman

It seems that he tested the Buffalo Bore ammo using the Barnes 155 gr TAC-XP 1500 fps. It is worth investigating what powder and charge weight they are using in this application. That way I might could duplicate this for my own use...

I did load and test a small sample of 140 TAC-XP but these solid copper bullets are very long and do occupy plenty of space inside the casing, the 155 grain is even longer. Finding the right combination of powder and charge weight is a delicate ballance to be inside the proper working pressures while obtaining the performance/velocity.
_The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:41   #3
Ethereal Killer

thanks for linking the video for us!! :(

Heres the review http://gunblast.com/10mm.htm

and the video

Last edited by Ethereal Killer; 01-15-2012 at 12:54..
Ethereal Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 13:35   #4
MinervaDoe

I've always said the Jeff Quinn is a smart guy. The fact that he is a 10mm aficionado proves it.

http://www.gunblast.com/10mm.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MinervaDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 15:00   #5
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Good stuff. I would have loved to see how the 220 grouped out of the G20. Always good to see positive attention brought to the 10mm.

Small nitpick... I always hate to see guys on videos on photographs covering themselves with the muzzle. He should know better, but did it repeatedly in he video. It was especially bad in the beginning when it looked like there was a mag in and the trigger was in the hot position. He then turned it directly to his abdomen. Cringe.

They might have been unloaded, but I would refer to rule #1 of the basic rules...

Please, when postings pics or videos of your recent hunt or whatever, please don't muzzle swipe yourself. Even better, unloaded with the action open is even better.

Last edited by Taterhead; 01-15-2012 at 15:04..
Taterhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 15:46   #6
Kegs
Ol 8 fingers ;)

That maybe one I saw a while back, not sure. I'll just say this: lots of times, the video perspective is not the same as the real world perspective.

Also, if someone is 100% focused on what they are doing, it does not matter if they put the muzzle in their mouth.

Just because you have been trained the way you have (parallel to the way most gun owners are trained) doesn't mean that is the way a different person (ex: tier 1 background) has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
Good stuff. I would have loved to see how the 220 grouped out of the G20. Always good to see positive attention brought to the 10mm.

Small nitpick... I always hate to see guys on videos on photographs covering themselves with the muzzle. He should know better, but did it repeatedly in he video. It was especially bad in the beginning when it looked like there was a mag in and the trigger was in the hot position. He then turned it directly to his abdomen. Cringe.

They might have been unloaded, but I would refer to rule #1 of the basic rules...

Please, when postings pics or videos of your recent hunt or whatever, please don't muzzle swipe yourself. Even better, unloaded with the action open is even better.

Last edited by Kegs; 01-15-2012 at 15:50..
Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 18:53   #7
HiVel
HiVel

10mm CULT

I like being a member of this cult!!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:10   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVel View Post
I like being a member of this cult!!
+1 This cult recognizes a good thing when it sees it.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:50   #9
Jitterbug

Thanks HiVel

I've always enjoyed Jeff and his articles. He has some good information on that one, nice leather and BB has some interesting loads.

R.K. Cambells article was a good one too!
Jitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:53   #10
HiVel
HiVel

10mm weapons

I have to confess I have 2 S&W revolvers in 10mm,(a Nightguard and a 6 1/4" 610), a 10mm Kimber (sold one of them), and my Glock 20 with the 6" hunting barrel. I sold my little Glock 29-it was not doing well with the hot loads we were working with at the time-dont ask. Would like to get a SF version of the big
boy.

Love those 10's
Old 01-16-2012, 13:59   #11
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs View Post
That maybe one I saw a while back, not sure. I'll just say this: lots of times, the video perspective is not the same as the real world perspective.

Also, if someone is 100% focused on what they are doing, it does not matter if they put the muzzle in their mouth.

Just because you have been trained the way you have (parallel to the way most gun owners are trained) doesn't mean that is the way a different person (ex: tier 1 background) has been.

You can't be serious. If you saw this video you would see what appears to be a condition 1 G29 turned directly at his intestines while simultaneously concentrating on narrating the video. That is careless. Period.

But you are probably right, some guys have a superior form of training and are thus "professional enough" to be exempt from the four basic rules:

Last edited by Taterhead; 01-16-2012 at 14:00..
Old 01-16-2012, 17:05   #12
Ethereal Killer

Quote:
But you are probably right, some guys have a superior form of training and are thus "professional enough" to be exempt from the four basic rules.
Actually when you get enough training you learn when to ignore those rules and how to do it properly.

See, thats what training and education does... it removes the mindless default of rules, and engages the brain.

Oddly enough there are four rules, but you only need one of them in place to keep you alive.

Last edited by Ethereal Killer; 01-16-2012 at 17:06..
Old 01-16-2012, 19:10   #13
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal Killer View Post
Actually when you get enough training you learn when to ignore those rules and how to do it properly.

See, thats what training and education does... it removes the mindless default of rules, and engages the brain.

Oddly enough there are four rules, but you only need one of them in place to keep you alive.
I understand what you are saying.

There may be tactical reasons for professional operators to do certain things. Fine. Let's get real for a minute. This is the 10 Ring on Glock Talk. I would venture to say that most guys around here do not have the advanced training to which you refer.

In order to have an injury by AD/ND, all four of the basic rules would have been violated. Clearly understanding these concepts is not mindless. It is a proactive mindset that will increase the likelihood of safety for the firearms handler and for those around him.

You are referring to advanced tactics. I am speaking of basic fundamentals. My original remarks originated from watching a guy pointing a condition one Glock directly at his guts, and his arms and hands, etc. In addition, there are guys carelessly making fundamental administrative handling mistakes taking photos, etc. with condition 1 firearms. It is an unnecessary risk. There are too many preventable injuries.

You would not teach a newbie that it is ok to muzzle swipe your kid as long as the finger is off the trigger. That's all I am saying.
Old 01-16-2012, 19:28   #14
Ethereal Killer

Quote:
You would not teach a newbie that it is ok to muzzle swipe your kid as long as the finger is off the trigger. That's all I am saying.
nope. not something you wanna do.
Old 01-16-2012, 20:19   #15
4949shooter

I noticed the lack of muzzle discipline as well.

Granted, Quinn is an experienced gun handler. However, we don't allow the muzzle to cover anything we do not wish to destroy. Also, as mentioned there are newbies who watch these videos. We must be cognizant of setting the right example for them.

Last edited by 4949shooter; 01-16-2012 at 20:21..
4949shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 20:37   #16
TDC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs
Kegs, I have no idea what a tier 1 background is or who has such a background and training. I hope you can elaborate or give me a link to some info. If it's what Navy Seals get, then it obviously didn't work so well a few weeks ago when that now deceased Seal in San Diego put an "unloaded" gun to his head and pulled the trigger, allegedly to impress his girlfriend. If tier 1 is what the police get, it also doesn't work so well for them, since they lead the league in ND's.

Training is only one part of safe gun handling. The only way to truly handle firearms safely is to have the proper mindset. Unless a person in constantly conscious of the fact that an accident or negligence carries with it too high of a cost to be complacent or take unnecessary chances, then they are not truly safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal Killer

Oddly enough there are four rules, but you only need one of them in place to keep you alive. The 10 Ring
And I would say that one rule is to never let the muzzle cover anything you don't want to destroy. If you follow that one rule, then all ND's will just scare the poo poo out of you and anyone near you, but no one gets a free ride to the hospital or morgue.

Guys, I really do like you. I would gladly buy you a beer and swap stories with you any day. But I will not be around you with firearms if you choose not to follow basic gun safety. Everyone makes mistakes, and that's the #1 reason to have and follow more than one safety rule. If you chose to intentionally bypass safety, you put yourself and those around you at risk. If you choose to do this on your own, then it's your choice and good luck, but please don't put others at risk. You are only one mistake away from a tragedy that will change your life forever.

Complacency is the enemy when it comes to gun safety.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:04   #17
series1811
CLM Number
Enforcerator.

Even Jeff Cooper admitted to having an ND one time. And, he pointed out that because his gun was pointed in a safe direction at the time, it was merely embarrassing instead of tragic.
Old 01-17-2012, 15:54   #18
HiVel
HiVel

10mm or what?

To get the real dope on the loads and ballistics you need to go to the web site and check the whole post Jeff put up , not just the youtube flick. OK?
Old 01-17-2012, 16:13   #19
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiVel View Post
To get the real dope on the loads and ballistics you need to go to the web site and check the whole post Jeff put up , not just the youtube flick. OK?
Good idea. Do you have a link by chance?

Thanks

Last edited by Taterhead; 01-17-2012 at 16:16..
Old 01-17-2012, 16:19   #20
HiVel
HiVel

Quote:
Good idea. Do you have a link by chance?

Thanks
I do no thave a link and do not know how to do any of that computer stuff anyhow-sorry just go to Gunblast.com on your search engine and it should put you there.

Last edited by HiVel; 01-17-2012 at 16:20..
HiVel is offline   Reply With Quote