Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:22   #1
gwsanfor

Brass catchers

Maybe I should post this in a more general forum, but since we 10mm Cultists use expensive brass that gets tossed a long ways, I thought I'd ask you.

I need a brass catcher bad, because I am to old to crawl around, the brass from my G20sf bounces into the lane at my range when I am forced to shoot indoors, and the stuff is expensive. I've Googled them, and it seems like I want one that is rail attached, but the Akuna model has issues with flaking plastic and retention, costs $80; the Bubca looks weird; E&L seems not made for the Glock; the Graco hand-held, although our own NickE10mm likes it, is hand held, etc.

Anyone got any experience with or advice about brass catchers for the Glock 10mm?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by gwsanfor; 01-16-2012 at 05:28..
gwsanfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:39   #2
leeward419

Send a message via ICQ to leeward419
Mine are in middle school weekdays, but come to the range with me on the weekends, they do a grat job too!
Old 01-16-2012, 13:10   #3
CD

I rigged up a catcher out of an extendable fishing net. With just a few modifications you can turn these into a very versatile catcher...and you can get them in just about any size you want.
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 16:59   #4
gwsanfor

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeward419 View Post
Mine are in middle school weekdays, but come to the range with me on the weekends, they do a grat job too!
Lacking as I do progeny, I ordered the hand-held and rail-mounted Graco models from Neil, who said I could return one. Weighing $22.47 and $24.77 against the cost of child-rearing, I believe this to be a wise investment. We will see.

gwsanfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 17:58   #5
momo40

I like the Graco model. Also works well with the AR
momo40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 13:23   #6
robert91922

Acuna Brass Catcher

http://brasstard.com/2010/12/27/in-r...1/#comment-197
I found the same shortcomings as Brasstard did. Rubber fell out soon and it catches no more than 50% cases when shooting full power 10mm. Not to mention that I have to fix it’s position after every round fired – that could be dangerous considering it’s easy to put your hand in front of muzzle when doing this. However, now I use it only for 9mm, although I bought it for catching expensive 10mm brass.

In general, idea of construction and design of this ABC is promising, but constructor should improve material, especially the wire - it's too soft to keep the whole thing on gun's rail firmly enough.
I see some improvement if some harder wire (plastic coated, not rubber) would be used.

Last edited by robert91922; 01-18-2012 at 13:48..
robert91922 is offline   Reply With Quote