GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:00   #51
fowler

I have owned a half dozen ar,s and once a DPM sportacal. All I own now is the SW Sport its a fine rifle ,no problems and better than some M4 clones I had. Its a good rifle for sure for any purpose or protection of the home.
fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:16   #52
Made Man
Glock-o-holic

I love these types of threads. I would love to own a Noveske rifle, but for 2K+ I'll just use Noveske parts on my S&W Sport. I got $630 in my sport, now with a few added personal preferenses, this rifle works. WHEN I drop it and get it scratched up and dirty, bang it around in the brush, and shoot the infamous TulAmmo. I don't feel so bad, but I get the performance for whatever crazy activity that I'm indulging in. I like it and it has taken all the abuse I have put it through without a wimper.

Just my experinces with the S&W Sport, just my story, but I'm sticking to it (and my Sport).
.40 S&W Club #423
Black Rifle Club #606
INFIDEL

Last edited by Made Man; 02-18-2012 at 07:20..
Made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:32   #53
farmer2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the M&P lower on the sport of good quality and highly regarded. If so, down the road, a person could pick up an "m4carbine.net" upper and be in great shape. You would have a plinker for practice, and a operator quality upper for all your tactical missions.

farmer2
farmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:33   #54
fowler

I will leave mine stock it don,t need anything other than the $500 aimpoint site&mount and more Magpul magazines and ammo I bought for it. Its my housegun&camp gun.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:31   #55
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
Quote:
Originally Posted by collim1 View Post
I have zero experience with the DPMS, but the M&P sport is hard to beat for the money. I consider it a "range only" gun, but it is a great shooter.

Reliable and accurate.

Its a great choice for someone who doesn't need a rifle fit for the battlefield or patrol.
That's my experience with the M&P exactly. Honestly, other than lacking the dust cover, I would have very few issues with using it as a socially serious weapon. The main thing I did with mine was replace the furniture with Magpul, mostly for personal preference, but also the factory handguard doesn't have a heat shield at all in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by series1811 View Post
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:14   #56
DreamWeaver88

According to the "experts", DPMS and S&W are at the bottom of the fabled "AR15 Tier". I mean, they aren't parked under the FSB for Gods sake.

Save up the extra 1200 and get a decent AR15.

DW

Last edited by DreamWeaver88; 02-18-2012 at 10:15..
DreamWeaver88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 13:28   #57
fowler

Yes after the Sport MP15 and Aimpoint site +mount 5 more magpul mags and 500rds of ball ammo I got near $1500.00 into the set-up. Great rifle! All I need and nothing I don,t.

Last edited by fowler; 02-18-2012 at 13:32..
Old 02-18-2012, 14:10   #58
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
Thank you sir! I understand how tiring it can be to answer the same question again and again. I do appreciate you taking the time out to give out some advice.

I didn't think to keep a build's stripped lower & upper from the same manufacturer due to finish differences. I'm banging my head against the desk for not thinking about that. I'll have to deal with that bone-headed mistake when I finally decide on a complete upper. I'm taking my time so I can figure things out.

I've held a Colt 6920. The local FFL had one at a recent gun show. The end-customer let me handle it. I had to keep my drool off it. I hear nothing but good things about it. A Colt is definitely on the distant future buy list.

I understand dropping $2K on a Noveseke rifle. Like everything, there's a measure of truth in the saying "you get what you pay for". I put it in context of my former sport bike riding days. While I loved my CBR 600rr, I knew it was not even close to any Italian bike. They're both sport bikes, and both grossly do the same thing. The difference was in the fine details that affected the overall experience.
You did right by building your own lower. I have built (a few) myself and enjoy it tremendously. I usually use DD parts kits but the last build I put together for a friend of mine I used a PSA kit and it worked really well.

I love motorcycles. Wish I could afford an italian or heck even a nice BMW would be nice... I think it would be hard to explain to someone that only shoots HiPoint pistols to change over to Glocks. HiPoints work for the most part & they go bang. Same to be said about folks who smoke factory rolled cigars what the difference is between that Philly or SwisherSweet they have in their hand and a CAO, Maximus, or Ashton. It is something you just have to experience and we have all been there. I guess folks just have to learn for themselves and if they never have had a premium cigar or rode a premium bike then I guess they will never miss a thing.
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote