SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:33   #1
amlim

Gun ranges with rental near SAN GABRIEL BLVD ROSEMEAD CA 91770

Hi to all,

I will be visiting Los Angeles sometime next year and will be staying at this hotel: Holiday Inn Express Rosemead. The address is: 705 N SAN GABRIEL BLVD ROSEMEAD , CALIFORNIA 91770 United States.

I am wondering if there are any shooting ranges nearby the hotel?

I am not a resident of the USA (just a visitor for business purposes).
Any idea if the shooting range will allow me to rent a gun?

I believe a lot of the shooting ranges require renters to bring a buddy along before they agree to rent out a gun. Since I am there on business and I don't know anybody there, is there any way they would rent a gun to me?

Lastly, sorry if I asked anything silly or offensive.

Thanks in advance.
amlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:34   #2
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

If you're anywhere near LAX there's a range there (last time I checked) near the airport, not AT the airport.

The two-man rule is due to suicides, they might have a range officer just stand there with you. Never know.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:44   #3
amlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
If you're anywhere near LAX there's a range there (last time I checked) near the airport, not AT the airport.

The two-man rule is due to suicides, they might have a range officer just stand there with you. Never know.
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not familiar with California but I think the airport is about 35 miles away from the hotel where I am staying? Was hoping that there is a range nearer.

Actually I don't mind traveling a bit if the range would let me rent and shoot.

Thanks again.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:50   #4
Victoriagotagun

There is also the La Puente indoor range that rents handguns but they are expensive. They also have the 2 person renting rule and you might want to call ahead because they require a CA drivers license in order to use the range.

"Glocks are for criminals" -Nick_45
Victoriagotagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:30   #5
Gregg702
Gold Membership

Drive out here to Vegas, there are a ton of rental ranges and they even have full auto guns, and mags that hold more than 10 rounds at a time, and you don't need to be an NV resident.

Rimfire Club Member #702

Black Rifle Club Member #702

Last edited by Gregg702; 10-14-2011 at 11:31..
Gregg702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:39   #6
Novocaine

http://www.thelosangelesgunclub.com/ is close to you but donít underestimate LA traffic. Great selection (probably the best Iíve seen) and ok prices, bad neighborhood: donít get lost or run out of fuel on the way there They have two people rule however. Itís worth calling them as mentioned, they very well may accommodate you. Iíve had one of the store guys stand next to me once. Different range where I was a familiar customer but it does happen.

Inglewood range that MrMurphy mentioned is probably the best deal if you want to try many guns. One price buys you all the rentals you can get your hands on in one hour. Can shoot AR/AK but have to buy their ammo. They didnít enforce two men rule as of five-six years ago but Iíve heard they do it now. Didnít care about the state/ country of residence either.

Out of couple of dozens or so of CA ranges I've been to none required to be CA or US resident to shoot or rent. 2 LV indoor ranges I've been to happen to house the biggest collection of arrogant jerks in gun business stuck in one place. Crazy expensive too, geared to cater to busloads of tourists shuttled to and fro the Strip. If you come by yourself you all but don't exist as a customer. YMMV.

You can also search here http://www.huntingnavigator.com/hunt...ashooting.html
Novocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:22   #7
amlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novocaine View Post
http://www.thelosangelesgunclub.com/ is close to you but donít underestimate LA traffic. Great selection (probably the best Iíve seen) and ok prices, bad neighborhood: donít get lost or run out of fuel on the way there They have two people rule however. Itís worth calling them as mentioned, they very well may accommodate you. Iíve had one of the store guys stand next to me once. Different range where I was a familiar customer but it does happen.

Inglewood range that MrMurphy mentioned is probably the best deal if you want to try many guns. One price buys you all the rentals you can get your hands on in one hour. Can shoot AR/AK but have to buy their ammo. They didnít enforce two men rule as of five-six years ago but Iíve heard they do it now. Didnít care about the state/ country of residence either.

Out of couple of dozens or so of CA ranges I've been to none required to be CA or US resident to shoot or rent. 2 LV indoor ranges I've been to happen to house the biggest collection of arrogant jerks in gun business stuck in one place. Crazy expensive too, geared to cater to busloads of tourists shuttled to and fro the Strip. If you come by yourself you all but don't exist as a customer. YMMV.

You can also search here http://www.huntingnavigator.com/hunt...ashooting.html
hi,

thanks for the reply.

i won't dare to go to those in the "dangerous" neighbourhoods.

is the Inglewood range that MrMurphy mentioned in a safe neighbourhood?

i am thinking of getting there and back to my hotel by cab.

thanks.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:01   #8
Novocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlim View Post
hi,

thanks for the reply.

i won't dare to go to those in the "dangerous" neighbourhoods.

is the Inglewood range that MrMurphy mentioned in a safe neighbourhood?

i am thinking of getting there and back to my hotel by cab.

thanks.
It's head and shoulders above the downtown location. Now, if you confine yourself to parking lot I think you will be perfectly safe at downtown location also. It's just that you most definitely don't want to be standing on the street trying to flag down the cab there. If you call for the cab from inside the store and it is going to pick you up at the prearranged time you will be fine.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:15   #9
amlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novocaine View Post
It's head and shoulders above the downtown location. Now, if you confine yourself to parking lot I think you will be perfectly safe at downtown location also. It's just that you most definitely don't want to be standing on the street trying to flag down the cab there. If you call for the cab from inside the store and it is going to pick you up at the prearranged time you will be fine.
Hi, am I correct that you mean Inglewood is much safe than downtown location? Is it safe to flag a cab outside the shooting range after I have finished? I plan to visit the range in the afternoon.

I also got good news. Inglewood (LAX Firing Range) emailed me to say that I can rent a gun even if I am alone.

However, I just found out that the cab fare would cost about $100. Ouch...
Old 10-18-2011, 12:49   #10
Novocaine

Quote:
Hi, am I correct that you mean Inglewood is much safe than downtown location?
Yes. The area around the range is.

Quote:
Is it safe to flag a cab outside the shooting range after I have finished?
I'd say so. But it doesn't look like a place frequented by cabs anyway. I would call from the inside of the store. My guess the cab will be there in <10 minutes.

I don't know LA. It looks like a toilet for the most part regardless of crime level. Downtown location is smack in the middle of a movie perfect representation of a gangland but some areas are difficult to judge by looks alone. Inglewood in general does not have the best reputation but the area around the range seemed quiet. Ask a cabbie on the way there before you venture for a local after-shooting snack. Have fun!
Old 10-19-2011, 21:51   #11
den888

Close to your area is Firing Line in Burbank (maybe 45 minutes by car). They rent firearms, and you will need to bring someone along.
den888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 22:07   #12
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

PM me when the time is close. If my schedule meets up with you, I'll take you blasting. I'm limited in guns though, my traveling stash is only about twenty guns with some revolvers, a bunch of M1911s, an HK P7, a SIG Sauer P228, a couple of .22LR pistols. There's also an SKS but I don't think these indoors ranges can handle rifle rounds.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:09   #13
amlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
PM me when the time is close. If my schedule meets up with you, I'll take you blasting. I'm limited in guns though, my traveling stash is only about twenty guns with some revolvers, a bunch of M1911s, an HK P7, a SIG Sauer P228, a couple of .22LR pistols. There's also an SKS but I don't think these indoors ranges can handle rifle rounds.
Many thanks for the kind offer. Will definitely PM you and hope your schedule works.
Old 10-20-2011, 13:43   #14
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Many thanks for the kind offer. Will definitely PM you and hope your schedule works.
It'll be fun.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:09   #15
amlim

Wow !! fnfalman is a great guy !!

Brought me on 6 jan to the gun range for 4 hours of shooting and later some sightseeing before dinner. He had to skip lunch coz I was having fun blasting away.

Today (10 Jan) brought me up for dinner !!

I owe him big time. Not only he spent his precious time with me but he also brought along his guns and ammo for me to shoot.

Many thanks for his hospitality.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:18   #16
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

We still have one more visit. This time I'll bring the Beretta 92FS, Hi Power in .40, Browning Buckmark .22LR, Colt Detective Special in .38 Special, Russian Makarov in 9X18 AND the piece de resistance will be 9mm Ruger Blackhawk Convertible.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:02   #17
amlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
We still have one more visit. This time I'll bring the Beretta 92FS, Hi Power in .40, Browning Buckmark .22LR, Colt Detective Special in .38 Special, Russian Makarov in 9X18 AND the piece de resistance will be 9mm Ruger Blackhawk Convertible.
Yep, another great shooting session courtesy of fnfalman again.

Really enjoyed the time spent shooting, talking and eating with him.

Many thanks again, fnfalman.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:03   #18
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Yep, another great shooting session courtesy of fnfalman again.

Really enjoyed the time spent shooting, talking and eating with him.

Many thanks again, fnfalman.
Just remember that you shot the best with the Ruger Blackhawk 9mm. Six rounds dead on target, baby!!!

Post that photo.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:59   #19
Wash-ar15

If you don't mind sharing, where is the OP from?? Just curious on his general take of American gun laws and such
Wash-ar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 13:08   #20
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wash-ar15 View Post
If you don't mind sharing, where is the OP from?? Just curious on his general take of American gun laws and such
He's from Singapore. Overall he's impressed with the generous gun laws, but baffled with all the state specific gun laws.