SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-29-2012, 14:51   #1
Jack23
I. B. Glockin'

New (to me) Pistol.

In 2004 I began buying guns, Last year I was having trouble with my hands (arthritis) so I bought a couple of revolvers to get used to in case I had to discontinue carrying my semi autos I bought two within an 11 day window and my wife finally called my bluff on my "okay, this is it, I won't be needing any more guns after this" line of bull. So after much negotiation we agreed upon a one year moratorium for bulk ammo and or firearm purchases.

One year FINALLY rolled around and I was trying to figure out what I should get. I have an AR-15, and at least 7 hand guns that I can and do conceal carry. So I don't believe I need anything more in that department.

I realized that I would rather have something that is fun and cheap to acquire and shoot. I then decided that the best thing for me to get to fill that bill would be .22LR on a 1911 platform.

I stopped in a local gun/pawn shop in my neighborhood and as I was cruisin' the new gun cases I was explaining to the clerk what I was looking for (and he didn't have) one of the other clerks came over and she had one and was looking for a good home for it. I talked the price down to $275.00 and she said she'd sell it to me through the store and adjust the sale price so that the drive out price would be $275.00 and if I didn't like it I had 30 days to return it for a full refund.

I don't like buying semi autos used from a stranger but under the circumstances of this deal I didn't feel like I had anything to lose. I bought it and took it home and field stripped it and cleaned and inspected it and it looked brand new. The owner had told me that it had had exactly 400 rnds through it and cleaned it after each use. After a close look inside I can believe that.

I took it to the range and within 50 rnds I had adjusted to the trigger and had it dialed in good and tight. It may well be the best buy I ever made on a firearm.

It is a Chiappa brand, in Dayton Ohio (made in italy which I had never heard of But they make that funny looking Rhino and I've seen it on line. Anyway here is a link to the pic of my 1911 .22. I dearly love this pistol. I'd be MOST interested in your opinions/comments especially if you have ever or presently own or have handled one of these little shooters.

http://chiappafirearms.com/product/735

Ironically, my hands are doing a lot better now and I'm still good to go with my semi autos.
G-17, G-23, G-21, G-36, Ruger blackhawk, ss, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark II, Ruger SP101, British Webley MKI .455, Kel-Tec P32, S&W top break .38, S&W 24-3 .44spl N frame Colt 1903 .32, Heritage .22 Combo, Colt AR-15, LE6920.
Jack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 15:13   #2
Gunshine

Glad to hear you're feeling better. And congrats on your purchase. A whole year. I would be on tranquilizers.

Quote: Ancient_Serpent. Being kind, polite or having class isn't PC.
Gunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 15:53   #3
bac1023

Congrats on your purchase. However, since you want comments, I'll say this...

The GSG 1911-22 is a much better quality pistol in the same price range.

http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index....mid=99&lang=en

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
bac1023 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 16:03   #4
Cole125
Silver Membership

Congrats!

.22 pistols are lots of fun, even funner when you look at how much money you save shooting them over a centerfire pistol.
Cole125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 16:04   #5
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
Congrats!

.22 pistols are lots of fun, even funner when you look at how much money you save shooting them over a centerfire pistol.
No doubt!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 01-29-2012, 19:03   #6
Jack23
I. B. Glockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
Congrats on your purchase. However, since you want comments, I'll say this...

The GSG 1911-22 is a much better quality pistol in the same price range.

http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index....mid=99&lang=en
It's all good bac. I'm new to this company and I'm also new to a .22 in a 1911 Platform. I am very satisfied with it and I feel like I got a good deal on it. Still, I like to know the reality of the deal. Is it the best or are there better 1911 .22s out there. If there are then it's all cool with me. I am still happy with what I got for cheap. If you have a pic or a link to a website with pics I'd like to get a peek.

I appreciate your response................
G-17, G-23, G-21, G-36, Ruger blackhawk, ss, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mark II, Ruger SP101, British Webley MKI .455, Kel-Tec P32, S&W top break .38, S&W 24-3 .44spl N frame Colt 1903 .32, Heritage .22 Combo, Colt AR-15, LE6920.
Jack23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 19:05   #7
bac1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack23 View Post
It's all good bac. I'm new to this company and I'm also new to a .22 in a 1911 Platform. I am very satisfied with it and I feel like I got a good deal on it. Still, I like to know the reality of the deal. Is it the best or are there better 1911 .22s out there. If there are then it's all cool with me. I am still happy with what I got for cheap. If you have a pic or a link to a website with pics I'd like to get a peek.

I appreciate your response................
No problem. The Chiappa is what got the recent trend of 1911 style rimfires started.