Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2012, 14:45   #1
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

More details on CA officer killed as he was being arrested.

http://www.policeone.com/officer-sho...UI-checkpoint/

An absolute crap sandwich.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 14:51   #2
Patchman
Florist

Yeah, that's messed up. I guess the question is, their sexual relationship began how many years ago?

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 14:52   #3
RocPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
And all of it caused by the deceased.
RocPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 15:59   #4
FiremanMike
Way too busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
And all of it caused by the deceased.
Yes, he is absolutely ultimately responsible. With that said, and bearing in mind that I almost never take this position, it just shouldn't have gone down this way. What the **** was that moron supervisor thinking when he told everyone that the victim was being pulled for an investigation.

While I believe that the deceased was in the wrong, I believe this supervisor was responsible for the frenzy of events that escalated that incident into a shooting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallNotBeInfringed
I humbly submit I have over one million Concealed Carry hours. First license is from early 80's.
FiremanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 16:02   #5
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Screw that family I had to do the same thing to one of my guys, only he came in to my office and I told him I need your gun and badge, and told him why , he took his belt off, I had him take off his shirt so they did not get to see him in uniform with cuffs on.
He told me where all his agency equipment was at the house, he walked out of my office cuffed and I turned him over to state attorney investigators.

Same thing police explorer situation...No way we were letting him get off shift, as when one cop knows they all know!
Old 02-06-2012, 16:09   #6
Kadetklapp
Methberry PD

What a dirtbag.
Kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 16:56   #7
Vigilant

Quote from his father in the article: "What happened to the brotherhood?"

Since when do brothers draw on brothers?

Last edited by Vigilant; 02-06-2012 at 18:49..
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 17:20   #8
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
"What happened to the brotherhood?"

Since when do brothers draw on brothers?
He was never part of the brotherhood in spirit... if he thought his position allowed him to have sex with young ladies in the explorer program...
Old 02-06-2012, 17:51   #9
jhooten
NRA Life Member

This one ended better than the BOP's dog and pony show attempting to arrest an employee on duty.

http://www.wesh.com/r/9411162/detail.html
jhooten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 17:54   #10
TexasFats
NRA, TSRA, SAF

Once again the inexorable law, "Stupid games have stupid prizes", worked it wrath and proved that not even police are exempt from that law of the universe. Stay safe out there people. America needs every good cop we can get.

Sauron lives, and his orc minions are on the march.
TexasFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 17:59   #11
TexasFats
NRA, TSRA, SAF

By the way, having gone to high school and to college with some girls who could trip you and beat you to the floor, we don't know just what part that 17-year old played in the start of this cluster XXXX. Maybe she was seduced or maybe she was the seducer. We'll never know. Remember that guys. When I was 15-16, my dad told me about how stupid sexual temptation can make a man. Remember that all cops are under a microscope for their behavior. It goes with the job.

Sauron lives, and his orc minions are on the march.
TexasFats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 18:03   #12
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by swatbwana View Post
He was never part of the brotherhood in spirit... if he thought his position allowed him to have sex with young ladies in the explorer program...
I agree. That quote in the first line came from his father. IMHO, regardless of how low he stooped, drawing on his fellow Officers was an even worse abomination. Just my .02.
Old 02-06-2012, 18:18   #13
steveksux
Massive Member

How long was the affair going on? She might be 17 now, and that's probably legal in a lot of states, but it gets much creepier much faster the further you go back in time...

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 02-06-2012 at 18:19..
steveksux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 18:33   #14
PawDog
NRA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhooten View Post
This one ended better than the BOP's dog and pony show attempting to arrest an employee on duty.

http://www.wesh.com/r/9411162/detail.html
There was no "dog and pony show." The arrests were SOP, and the POS officer, Hill, was on an unarmed post, the jail control center, and smuggled the pistol into work in a backpack. This case is the reason BOP now screens all staff entering the secure facility. There was no screening of staff prior to this incident.

I personally worked cases with OIG Agent Sentner, and knew BOP Lt. Cockerham, who was wounded in the shooting, as well as the POS Hill. Sentner was an outstanding agent, very professional and by the book. Cockerham is also a great guy, who would give you the shirt off his back.

Hill was nothing more than a low-life scum, protected for years by the local AFGE, who knew he was dirty well before this incident.

Last edited by PawDog; 02-06-2012 at 18:34..
PawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 18:40   #15
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

The LE employed individual of the story (notice I didn't say cop.) forfeited any sympathy or compassion when he decided to resist and draw his gun on the cops. Doing so not only showed who he really was but also what he truly wasn't, ( a cop).

Last edited by Dragoon44; 02-06-2012 at 19:00..
Dragoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 18:53   #16
Tiro Fijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoon44 View Post
The LE employed individual of the story (notice I didn't say cop.) forfeited any sympathy or compassion when he decided to resist and draw his gun on the cops. Doing do not only showed who he really was but also what he truly wasn't, ( a cop).

We have a winner.
Tiro Fijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 20:13   #17
Dukeboy01
Pretty Ladies!

Gawdalmighty what a clusterfark. Yeah, it's ultimately the dirtbag's fault, but some administrative heads need to roll.
Old 02-06-2012, 20:20   #18
RocPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukeboy01 View Post
Gawdalmighty what a clusterfark. Yeah, it's ultimately the dirtbag's fault, but some administrative heads need to roll.
I agree only if you're talking about the idiot LT that opened his yap. Everything else seems like the admin was trying to do it as safely as possible.
RocPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 20:40   #19
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocPO View Post
I agree only if you're talking about the idiot LT that opened his yap. Everything else seems like the admin was trying to do it as safely as possible.
It may be that the LT. was not told what was going on besides that the explorer was being removed from the scene. Even if that is the case however why did he feel the need to share that info with everyone? Apparently he fails to recognize the concept of "Need to know".
Old 02-06-2012, 20:42   #20
txleapd
Hook 'Em Up

Sounds like there are plenty of idiots in that department. My heart goes out to the officer who had to put down his best friend. He may never survive emotionally from that.
1911 Club #75
Kahr Club #286
Lone Star Glockers #919

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud
txleapd is offline   Reply With Quote