SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:29   #1
Wcoyote
Super Genius...

SBR on AR lower question

I have 2 AR lowers approved on separate SBR Form1s and on those Form 1s I had many different calibers listed. I currently have one upper for each lower that is shorter than 16 inches. What is the rule for getting additional uppers that are in the other calibers listed on my Form 1? I would like to be able to swap uppers and get to shooting the different calibers.

As a note I also have other NON SBR ARs (both completed and stripped lowers). I am not sure if this matters but wanted you to have all the info when evaluating a replying.

Thanks
Wcoyote

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

NRA Lifetime Member, GSSF Lifetime Member, and Florida CWL
Some people say that ignorance is bliss, they're wrong, ignorance is just ignorance.
Wcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:36   #2
Zak Smith
3Gunner

If you are going to permanently change the configuration of a registered SBR, you should notify the ATF in writing.

If you have more SBR uppers than registered lowers, you cannot have any non-assembled ("spare") non-registered lowers. Refer to the Mar 29 2000 ATF letter, point 4. I do not believe this opinion has been superseded.

-z

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Zak Smith is offline   Reply With Quote