Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 15:54   #1
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,813
Blog Entries: 64
The other side: Killings in line of duty haunt police officers

There has been an unusual spate of fatal police shootings over the past year in the Washington region — 18 cases in which officers killed suspects in 2011, more than four times as many as in the previous year, when there were four. But there's more to it than gets reported, the "he was turning his life around" stories. There's another side...
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-10-2012 at 15:56..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 18:21   #2
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9
 
Kingarthurhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,575
Thanks for posting this. Combat is combat when it comes to life an death. One group gets a "wounded warrior program" to deal with the aftermath, the other typically gets demonized, and when they reach out for help are treated as "mental defectives".
__________________
Glock 17, 19, 20SF, 21C, 22, 26, 27, Glock E-Tool, Glock knife
Quod ego haereticus appellari sequere Jesum.
Kingarthurhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 18:34   #3
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?
 
Javelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N. Dallas
Posts: 14,638


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk View Post
Thanks for posting this. Combat is combat when it comes to life an death. One group gets a "wounded warrior program" to deal with the aftermath, the other typically gets demonized, and when they reach out for help are treated as "mental defectives".
These guys might be best off just keeping it to themselves. I know many that are and have suffered silently because of the fear of the big government getting involved. The VA & BATFE have banned 150,000 Soldiers from owning firearms many of which just because they said they were having trouble dealing with the combat.

A buddy of mine got a letter from the VA 2 weeks ago telling him that he is no longer allowed to own firearms and they were sending someone over this month to his home. No criminal trial, no judge or jury to adjudicate or dismiss, no opportunity for a lawyer, nothing. Just hand em over.
__________________
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 20:32   #4
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,813
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
These guys might be best off just keeping it to themselves. I know many that are and have suffered silently because of the fear of the big government getting involved. The VA & BATFE have banned 150,000 Soldiers from owning firearms many of which just because they said they were having trouble dealing with the combat.

A buddy of mine got a letter from the VA 2 weeks ago telling him that he is no longer allowed to own firearms and they were sending someone over this month to his home. No criminal trial, no judge or jury to adjudicate or dismiss, no opportunity for a lawyer, nothing. Just hand em over.
Does he have an attorney?

The VA said in the letter they were coming for his guns?

Does your friend have a fiduciary assigned to handle his affairs?
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-11-2012 at 20:46..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 20:57   #5
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,813
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
These guys might be best off just keeping it to themselves. I know many that are and have suffered silently because of the fear of the big government getting involved. The VA & BATFE have banned 150,000 Soldiers from owning firearms many of which just because they said they were having trouble dealing with the combat.

A buddy of mine got a letter from the VA 2 weeks ago telling him that he is no longer allowed to own firearms and they were sending someone over this month to his home. No criminal trial, no judge or jury to adjudicate or dismiss, no opportunity for a lawyer, nothing. Just hand em over.
You might want to read this... Washington, DC --(Ammoland.com)- The House this week adopted legislation protecting the Second Amendment rights of veterans.

Sponsored by Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-MT), the legislation requires that before a veteran can lose his or her gun rights, they must receive due process in a court of law. Rehberg offered the measure as an amendment to H.R. 2349, which passed the House on a voice vote.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 22:59   #6
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?
 
Javelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N. Dallas
Posts: 14,638


Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Does he have an attorney?

The VA said in the letter they were coming for his guns?

Does your friend have a fiduciary assigned to handle his affairs?
#1) He is getting one.

#2) The VA gave him a letter in the mail which read at the bottom: "You may be subject to Public Law 103-159 Section 924 A-2 Title 18 US Code"

Then a few days later he received a call from the VA Regional HQ and a lady told him that he is not to have any firearms or ammunition and that if he does he could be found guilty of breaking the law. She said that he will receive another call from them to schedule an in-home visit by one of their representatives.

#3) Not that I know of.
__________________
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 23:01   #7
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?
 
Javelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N. Dallas
Posts: 14,638


Yes Denny did a great job on that bill. It still has not passed the Senate or yet been signed into law... then it will have to be honored by the Federal Agencies and overseen by gun grabbing Federal Agencies. It is not looking good... in the mean time the BATFE & VA are doing anything they damn well please.
__________________
Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:47   #8
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,813
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussP View Post
Does he have an attorney?

The VA said in the letter they were coming for his guns?

Does your friend have a fiduciary assigned to handle his affairs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
#1) He is getting one.

#2) The VA gave him a letter in the mail which read at the bottom: "You may be subject to Public Law 103-159 Section 924 A-2 Title 18 US Code"

Then a few days later he received a call from the VA Regional HQ and a lady told him that he is not to have any firearms or ammunition and that if he does he could be found guilty of breaking the law. She said that he will receive another call from them to schedule an in-home visit by one of their representatives.

#3) Not that I know of.
You need to ask him that question. It is important, very important.

Did you read this thread, Veterans with Fiduciaries on NICS? If not, read it and see if any information there will help your friend.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-12-2012 at 07:49..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:55   #9
RussP
Moderator
 
RussP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 44,813
Blog Entries: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
Yes Denny did a great job on that bill. It still has not passed the Senate or yet been signed into law... then it will have to be honored by the Federal Agencies and overseen by gun grabbing Federal Agencies. It is not looking good... in the mean time the BATFE & VA are doing anything they damn well please.
The VA is complying with federal law. Do you know the consequences for them not complying? Does "funding" come to mind.

No, I do not like the 'rules'. Yes, I am familiar with, I am in, the VA system.

We just need to make certain the Senate passes the bill with a significant margin.
__________________
Freedom has a taste to those who fight and almost die, that the protected will never know.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:22.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 750
220 Members
530 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31