Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:56   #1
djmike76710

Rice

I was just wondering if it is better to store instant rice or normal long grain rice?

Thanks
djmike76710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 20:14   #2
JC Refuge
GT Sponsor

Not sure what the actual comparison is in your question. If it is shelf life that you are talking about--white rice is going to last longer than brown rice. Instant rice is partially cooked and will not have quite as long a shelf life. Long grain rice is not necessarily a different "animal"--it is often just a longer rice grain, although there are dozens of available rice types out there that I am aware of.

Of course, how you are going to store the rice, how you preserve it, in what conditions you'll store it, and what your intended use is for the rice also can come into play in determining what a better rice is.

That said--I am not an expert on rice, and I don't even care for most rice dishes personally. I do know that rice in general is the single most important food on the planet in terms of providing basic caloric nutrition. It's a valid, economical storage food, but to get maximum shelf life--you want to be sure you vacuum-pack white rice that is uncooked.

Safecastle Royal Buyers Club
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Refuge blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Win a Case of MH Food - LIKE us on Facebook
JC Refuge is offline   Reply With Quote