Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:01   #1
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

What They're Not Telling You About That Ice Bound Ship

Quote:
Australian climate change professor Chris Turney, passengers and media hoping to get pictures penguins windsurfing where ice should be set out on an expedition to demonstrate the effects of global warming on Antarctica. The ship and all on board have now been trapped in ice for almost a week and counting.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ound_ship.html

Video below is of Mawson landing in 1912 in ice free Commonwealth Bay - the same area the current "global warming" expedition sits helplessly trapped in ice.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

"I refuse to tip-toe through life only to arrive at death safely."

Last edited by happyguy; 12-30-2013 at 11:02..
happyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:16   #2
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

This is also the starting of summer in Antarctica.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Old 12-30-2013, 11:21   #3
hunter 111

Anyone that denies climate change is a fool
Old 12-30-2013, 11:25   #4
aplcr0331
Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter 111 View Post
Agreed. The disagreement part comes in when we focus on the cause of, and solutions to, said climate change.
We're born, put in a box; we go home to live in a box; we go to “work” in a box, where we sit in a cubicle box; we drive to a store in a box to buy food in a box; people talk about thinking “outside the box”; and when we die we're put in a box.
aplcr0331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:27   #5
G29Reload
Tread Lightly

Quote:

So is anyone who thinks we control it or can do anything about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
G29Reload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:28   #6
sugarcreek
familyman

The Earth has been hotter than it is now many times, BEFORE there were combustion engines and fossil fuels...
Old 12-30-2013, 11:31   #7
JBnTX
God Bless Texas

Quote:

The question is not if climate change is occurring, but what is the cause of that climate change.

There is absolutely NO evidence to indicate that it's being caused by man. We just simply don't have the long term data or the technology to make that determination.

If climate change is occurring, it's probably a natural event and man didn't do anything to cause it, and can't do anything to stop it.

Last edited by JBnTX; 12-30-2013 at 11:33..
JBnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:34   #8
aplcr0331
Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by G29Reload View Post
So is anyone who thinks we control it or can do anything about it.
Especially when "doing" something about it means screaming "Republicans hate science" or staring menacingly at someone driving a deisel truck.
We're born, put in a box; we go home to live in a box; we go to “work” in a box, where we sit in a cubicle box; we drive to a store in a box to buy food in a box; people talk about thinking “outside the box”; and when we die we're put in a box.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:39   #9
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Nature and the natural world are in a constant state of change. The "balance of nature" is a modern myth.

There are however, many rhythms in nature. Some occur over relatively short spans of time and are easy to see. Others occur over much longer periods of time.

Many ancient religions were aware of this. I'm not quite sure why modern science has such a hard time with this concept.

Regards,
Happyguy
Proverbs 21:31 The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but victory is of the LORD.

Last edited by happyguy; 12-30-2013 at 11:44..
Old 12-30-2013, 11:49   #10
Mayhem like Me
Semper Paratus

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post
Nature and the natural world are in a constant state of change. The "balance of nature" is a modern myth.

There are however, many rhythms in nature. Some occur over relatively short spans of time and are easy to see. Others occur over much longer periods of time.

Many ancient religions were aware of this. I'm not quite sure why modern science has such a hard time with this concept.

Regards,
Happyguy
Modern scientists are aware they are smart enough to grab grant money when they can produce results that are wanted by the party in power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 12-30-2013, 12:02   #11
happyguy
Man, I'm Pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me View Post
Modern scientists are aware they are smart enough to grab grant money when they can produce results that are wanted by the party in power.

Regards,
Happyguy

Old 12-30-2013, 12:02   #12
aplcr0331
Empty

Quote:
"Truth doesn't come from God or physics, it comes from the potential of grant money"
Old 12-30-2013, 12:27   #13
BamaBud
NRA Life Member

Eureka!!

Quote:

Finally!! Someone else who understands the REAL motivation behind today's "science."

Kudos to Mayhem, aplcr, and Happy.

NRA Life Member
BamaBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 16:40   #14
Pier23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnTX View Post

If climate change is occurring, it's probably a natural event and man didn't do anything to cause it, and can't do anything to stop it.

The point is, humans are not helping any by dumping tons of carbon into the atmosphere.

Yes, the climate has cooled and heated. Latest theory is that an asteroid took out the dinos by throwing zillions of tons of dust into the atmosphere and blocking the sun. Heating has occurred by volcanic eruptions tossing zillions od tons of carbon into the atmosphere.

We can at least lessen the effects we have on the planet. Why, as a species, we won't do that just proves Darwin was right. Pity we are also taking out most of the higher life forms with us.
Pier23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 16:48   #15
hunter 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier23 View Post
The point is, humans are not helping any by dumping tons of carbon into the atmosphere.

Yes, the climate has cooled and heated. Latest theory is that an asteroid took out the dinos by throwing zillions of tons of dust into the atmosphere and blocking the sun. Heating has occurred by volcanic eruptions tossing zillions od tons of carbon into the atmosphere.

We can at least lessen the effects we have on the planet. Why, as a species, we won't do that just proves Darwin was right. Pity we are also taking out most of the higher life forms with us.
Glad there are those that understand this
Old 12-30-2013, 16:53   #16
GSD17
Thread Killer

I love lamp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- I will trade parts for full cap G17 magazines.
GLOCK Certified Armorer
GSSF Member
G17,G17L,G17R,G17T,G19cutaway,G20,G21,G22,G22,G22P,G23,G26,G27,G31,G35,G37,G42
GSD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 16:59   #17
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Climate science is political science by another name.
Old 12-30-2013, 17:05   #18
Cybercowboy
Support the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier23 View Post

CO2 does not have the affect on the atmosphere that the various climate models, those infamous "peer-reviewed" models, predicted. The models are wrong, the peer-reviewed science is wrong. Their latest push-back is that all this hidden heat is in the deep ocean (where we can't measure it) or in areas that conveniently don't have monitoring. The models are wrong, CO2 is a very weak climate driver and is swamped by the negative feedback mechanisms such as water vapor in the form of clouds mainly. Then we have the various ocean cycles that are barely understood. Then we have the fact that CO2 is 400 PPM, a trace gas, and if it was doubled would be - that's right - a trace gas.

I sussed out the scam over 25 years ago. It's all crap, the sun is the main driver of our climate over centuries, and decade or century long variations are mere pimples on our planet's climate. The last time the sun entered a phase that very much appears it is doing now, we had the Little Ice Age (Maunder Minimum) in the late 1600's. Cold sucks, warmer is better. Warm periods on Earth are the exception, not the rule.
Old 12-30-2013, 17:07   #19
AirCav
CLM Number 284
Out Front!

"Paging allanc and/or RimfireMan!"

"allanc or RimfireMan, please report to the Corral!"
AirCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 17:08   #20
Angry Fist
Lifetime Membership
The Original®

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyguy View Post

Regards,
Happyguy
If they could be aware of axial precession, which takes 26,000 years, we can certainly be able to understand things.
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, s**t-kickers, Methodists, and the GTDS.

Angry Fist is offline   Reply With Quote