SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-03-2013, 18:27   #1
cowboywannabe
you savvy?

poker chips and tattoos

fliiping through the channels and every tattooist on some tattoo off has a bullring in their nose, neck tattoos, and pokerchips in their earlobes.....

that is all.

Facts are no match against enthusiasm and ignorance...
cowboywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 20:01   #2
countrygun

I like the ones that look like they did a faceplant in my tacklebox.
countrygun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 20:13   #3
janice6
Platinum Membership
NRA

Because it is really cool. (I guess)

Like this:The Furball Forum

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". Anonymous

Earp: Not everyone who knows you hates you.
DOC: I know it ain't always easy bein' my friend....but I'll BE THERE when you need me.
janice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 19:41   #4
phonejack

A few months ago I was behind a young man who had a nose ring , among others. I tapped him on the shoulder and explained to him that I and other people who have hogs put rings into their noses to keep them from "rootin' in the dirt " and then asked him " how's that working out for you ? " the cashier had to turn away she was laughing so hard.
phonejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 18:52   #5
Liquid Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonejack View Post
A few months ago I was behind a young man who had a nose ring , among others. I tapped him on the shoulder and explained to him that I and other people who have hogs put rings into their noses to keep them from "rootin' in the dirt " and then asked him " how's that working out for you ? " the cashier had to turn away she was laughing so hard.
You sound like an *******.

Why does anyone care what others do to their bodies?
Liquid Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 18:57   #6
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Sword View Post

So basically you're sayin you've got your nose pierced.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Old 06-29-2013, 19:30   #7
CitizenOfDreams

In a couple of decades it will be bold and rebellious not to have a tattoo. Everyone and his grandmother seem to have one these days; most of them eyesores.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 19:34   #8
Liquid Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS104 View Post
So basically you're sayin you've got your nose pierced.

No piercings here. I suppose you also think that if I'm for gay rights, I must be a homo?

I just don't confront people who are minding their own business in public about their own affairs.
Old 06-29-2013, 20:17   #9
wingryder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
In a couple of decades it will be bold and rebellious not to have a tattoo. Everyone and his grandmother seem to have one these days; most of them eyesores.
... and there will be a slew of 50 & 60 year olds with faded sagging full sleeve tat's and long abandoned holes in their faces and ears...

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Last edited by wingryder; 06-29-2013 at 20:17..
wingryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 20:32   #10
CitizenOfDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingryder View Post
... and there will be a slew of 50 & 60 year olds with faded sagging full sleeve tat's and long abandoned holes in their faces and ears...
Already coming to a Walmart near you.
CitizenOfDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 20:38   #11
Daltini

Quote:

Because it looks gnarly.
Daltini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 21:08   #12
JAS104
NRA Life Member

Quote:
No piercings here. I suppose you also think that if I'm for gay rights, I must be a homo?

I just don't confront people who are minding their own business in public about their own affairs.
Don't get me wrong, I have tattoos myself. But I go to work in a suit and no one is the wiser. Piercings in my face? That's asking for negative attention.

Old 06-30-2013, 00:03   #13
Liquid Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS104 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I have tattoos myself. But I go to work in a suit and no one is the wiser. Piercings in my face? That's asking for negative attention.

I'm with you on that one, but my original statement was just disbelief that someone would make fun of a complete stranger, in public, and think that it's hilarious. Adult bullying, and not even from a cop! It reminds me of a story about a guy I know's father: Dude is an ex-Marine who served in Korea. He's in his 60s, and is in some establishment when he see's a young kid with an American flag T-shirt, and says something like "hey ****face, you'd better get that shirt off before I take it off for you." Being youthful, kid says "**** you, old man!" Sir kindly throws the kid through a glass window. Regardless of his reasons, the guy was a prick and a bigot and wrong (yeah, I knew him IRL).

I've always chuckled at the "those tattoos are going to look like hell when you get old" comments... When I'm 70 years old, who the hell am I trying to impress? By the way, I know a musician who's 50. He's in great athletic shape, has sleeves on both arms, and they both look fine.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:51   #14
newgene

I don't have any tattoos because I am trying to express my individuality.
newgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 19:28   #15
THEPOPE
Nibb

While I do appreciate nice art, tats included, ( way tooo many tat artists are crappy artists , thus the plethora of crappy, prison-grade tats )

I do not have any, God said He doesn.t dig ,em....

I am tat-lessly out....

fullest extent of the LAW...
THEPOPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:30   #16
Baba Louie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywannabe View Post
fliiping through the channels and every tattooist on some tattoo off has a bullring in their nose, neck tattoos, and pokerchips in their earlobes.....

that is all.
True dat!

My son is a Tattoo Artist.

He eventually took out the nose ring and the ear hole gauge poker chip thingies. I suppose the extra nostril hole might making picking boogers a challenge in the future, but don't know or care.

I do like one of his neck tattoos. He has a few.

I also expect his familial male nostril and ear hair growth spurt at age 45ish to be reeeeal interesting. I just hope I'm around to laugh with him about it in 15 years as he does have a great sense of humor and can laugh about his quirks.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Baba Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:51   #17
ShallNotBeInfringed
NRA Business Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Louie View Post

My son is a Tattoo Artist.

I do like one of his neck tattoos. He has a few.
I am almost speechless looking at what people do to themselves. I am a fifteen year tattoo and piercing artist, doing up scale art in discrete locations that people keep to themselves. I have never done a neck piece, or tattooed across someone's knuckles. I have never installed poker chips in someone's ear, and I think anyone having them is showing their IQ, and their lack of respect for their elders.

Is it our schools, TV, fluoride in the water, or microwaved food that has turned our children into a disenfranchised culture?

If you follow tattoos back into history, the artists said no, and led customers into acceptable choices. Todays artists by in large, are ruining people's futures in the trash they put on people. I am ashamed of most tattoo artists for the disservice they provide to young people, that should be helped making better choices.

sent from my rotary wall phone
ShallNotBeInfringed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 14:27   #18
sombunya

Look at what was considered risqué 200 years ago, then 100, then 50. Hell, people thought the Beatles were radical when they first hit the shores of the US.

I'll call it the natural progression of things. Not saying I condone it or that I'm even a part of it. It's just the way things are.

http://www.hopeforpaws.org
sombunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:44   #19
walt cowan

had a inmate that had full face tat of nefertiti. pulled him up and ask why he chose her for a tat? he claimed she was a black egyptian queen and how he was proud to display his black heritage for all to see. he then asked me if my white honkie arse had a problem with that? i said, no but, you do know she was greek?
Old 10-21-2013, 07:12   #20
clancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonejack View Post
There is a young man who works at the local supermarket that has holes in his ear lobes you could fit a 2 inch pipe through. I find it nauseating.
clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:36   #21
NDCent
Socially Inept

I would never hire someone with those features and traits to represent my business.

I also won't be eating where someone with guaged, infected, rotten, stinking, ear flesh is waiting tables or serving food.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46   #22
shanny161984

Quote:

People that do this crap are screaming for attention, so I give it to them. My favorite is to just stare at them until they say something then explain just that. But most of the time they just wander off.
shanny161984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:08   #23
Radam3

I have no problem with tattoos, as long as they can be hidden when necessary. Have many myself, all concealable if needed.

Facial, hands, and neck tattoos are not for me, but I am not going to ***** about the folk that have them. To each their own. I know a lot of people that have them that are gainfully employed. Are they doctors and lawyers, no. Do they make enough to support their families, yes.

Now as far as the idiots with the "poker chips" in their ears, I could go on all day about! That **** looks ridiculous and will never heal! At least with just regular piercings once you've decided to be an adult the holes close up and leave hardly any evidence of their prior existence. But once these kids decide to make the holes big enough to where you can put a pop can through their ear (or even the "small" ones that are only about the size of a dime) they are stuck with that FOREVER! And considering most of the ones that do this are still in their 20's, there will be some interesting looking old folks come 30-50 years from now! I loathe the ear gauging thing! Even more so when an otherwise pretty lady does it :puke:

"I question things because I am human"
Old 10-21-2013, 13:12   #24
walt cowan

thank god this stuff wasn't the "in thing" when i was a kid. hair, clothes, shoes, slang and music can be done away with pretty easy but, this crap is forever!
Old 10-26-2013, 16:11   #25
minuteman32
NRA & GOA Life

I waited until I was in my 40's to get my tats. I wanted them to look good in the nursing home.
minuteman32 is offline   Reply With Quote