Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:52   #1
Glock 1

Need advice on a trade

I am being offered a trade. I just need to know if you would take it if you were me.

What I have:
G27 Gen 3 (3 mags with +1 Pearce extenders)
Trijicon NS
Extended slide release
Lasermax for G27 Gen 3
Decal Grips Rubber for G27
G33 barrel (interchangeable with the G27)
Ghost Rocket 3.5 trigger
(6) additional G27 mags with original floorplates and pearce +1 grip extenders

For:
LE6920
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/60386

Would you take it? Here is how the costs stack up since I am a dealer.

Glock stuff:1138
LE9620: 979

I really want an AR so I think my judgement may be clouded on this. I also see costs in the new trigger guard, forend and sights since I don't care for the handle or iron sights. Thoughts?

Edit: Both are NIB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Glock 1; 02-17-2012 at 10:23..
Glock 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:11   #2
JaPes
Rimfire 1010101

If he offered the Colt + $$$ for parity, then go for it.
JaPes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:14   #3
Glock 1

It is chambered 5.56, will it shoot .223 with no problems?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:52   #4
TJx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock 1 View Post
It is chambered 5.56, will it shoot .223 with no problems?
Yes, but the reverse is not true.
TJx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:53   #5
AngryPanda
Is he a troll?

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, if it were me I would make the trade in a heartbeat. The value of all the Glock stuff may be correct on paper, but if I was making the trade everything except the magazines would be worthless to me. From working the gun counter for years, I won't buy lasermax anything, so the laser does nothing for me. In my opinion, I don't want a 3.5 connector on a 27 anyway, so i'd have to put the old one back in, and the Glock 33 bbl while nice, really does nothing for me. If it was a 23 or 22 with the .357 bbl i'd be all about it, but the baby glocks...meh. Also the gun is not NIB if you have all these extras on it, not saying it isn't in great shape, but I wouldn't offer you the same price as I would if the gun was new at the shop.

Like I said, just how I would look at it if I was the one trading the AR, everyone is gonna be different. Long story short, if you want an AR, and he wants a 27, and both are in good shape, why not?
AngryPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:14   #6
farmer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post
Keep in mind this is just my opinion, if it were me I would make the trade in a heartbeat. The value of all the Glock stuff may be correct on paper, but if I was making the trade everything except the magazines would be worthless to me. From working the gun counter for years, I won't buy lasermax anything, so the laser does nothing for me. In my opinion, I don't want a 3.5 connector on a 27 anyway, so i'd have to put the old one back in, and the Glock 33 bbl while nice, really does nothing for me. If it was a 23 or 22 with the .357 bbl i'd be all about it, but the baby glocks...meh. Also the gun is not NIB if you have all these extras on it, not saying it isn't in great shape, but I wouldn't offer you the same price as I would if the gun was new at the shop.

Like I said, just how I would look at it if I was the one trading the AR, everyone is gonna be different. Long story short, if you want an AR, and he wants a 27, and both are in good shape, why not?

I agree with this wholeheartedly! Everyone wants to sell accessories for what they originally paid. This drives me crazy. Guns are like trucks, very few people are going to pay you good money for your 6 inch lift and 36" tires. If someone is going to trade a colt for accessories, take it and run, that is a great trade.

farmer2
farmer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:16   #7
G36's Rule

The GLOCK has never been shot? Lasermax and all mags are new in packages? If so, I would take the trade even up. If the GLOCK stuff is used then you would have to come up with some money for the AR.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:17   #8
Glock 1

I should elaborate. I buy stock G27's and add the 3rd mag, the +1 extenders and the Trijicon NS, ext slide release, and sell them on GB as a package. This guy saw one added all the other stuff to the deal and proposed the trade for the AR. I am leaning towards it heavily but I can buy the same rifle NIB from my supplier cheaper than the sum of all the Glock parts he wants.

The Glock and all its parts are brand new. The trigger, Laser, and all the other stuff is new in package and he would have to install it. I replied back to him with the difference in the price. I will see if he is flexible.

Thank you for your feedback.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:20   #9
G36's Rule

Yeah, if you added NS to the 27 then you are coming out on the down side.
G36's Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22   #10
Glock 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmer2 View Post
I agree with this wholeheartedly! Everyone wants to sell accessories for what they originally paid. This drives me crazy. Guns are like trucks, very few people are going to pay you good money for your 6 inch lift and 36" tires. If someone is going to trade a colt for accessories, take it and run, that is a great trade.

farmer2
Normally I would agree about the accessories, and as for me, I would never entertain their value. But, he added them and they are all new so they retain their value in this case. But, I do appreciate your input and my first instinct was to take it and run and I probably still will.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:23   #11
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post

I second this.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Con, the first 3 letters in Congress.
UN, the first 2 letters in UNnecessary.
12131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:24   #12
Glock 1

I amended the original post. I had left off the night sights and slide release.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:02   #13
Glock 1

I heard back from him. He elected to drop the 6 extra magazines and extenders. I am going to take the offer now.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:14   #14
Glock 1

One more thing, there is not an issue with a non LEO buying this LEO only weapon is there? What if I was to sell it later?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:35   #15

I've bought and sold LEO marked lowers without any problems and I'm not an FFL. Unless there are local laws where you're at there might be a problem.

Honestly, rather than believing anonymous posters about what is and what isn't legal, call the ATF.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think.
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 13:05   #16
BBJones

Quote:
One more thing, there is not an issue with a non LEO buying this LEO only weapon is there? What if I was to sell it later?

It is not an LEO only weapon. Colt has been selling them to individuals for years. You are making a good trade.
Old 02-17-2012, 13:40   #17
Glock 1

Thanks, that is what I needed to know. I know I can buy it and I intend to keep it. If I decide to sell it it shouldn't be an issue. Why label something LEO only? Seems a bit useless to me.

Old 02-17-2012, 16:32   #18
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Quote:
.... since I am a dealer.
You're firearm dealer? No offense intended, but if so, reading through this whole thread, I thought you were some kind of novice or something.

Politicians and judges who voted for, and supported, Obamacare are traitors to the country!
Old 02-17-2012, 17:10   #19
Glock 1

Why? Because I ask questions? Because I am new to rifles? Because I have never dealt with LEO labeled guns before? Did asking that question make you feel superior?

You know, this board has alot of great information and alot of great members but it also has some better than you attitudes that I can really do without. Some of you do alot of judging.

I may not know EVERYTHING there is to know about dealing because I have only had my FFL for 3 months but I am learning and God forbid I ask a ****ing question.

I do IT for a living, not guns. Give me a break.

Old 02-17-2012, 18:03   #20
CLM Number 101
Monkeyboy

Quote:
Why? Because I ask questions? Because I am new to rifles? Because I have never dealt with LEO labeled guns before? Did asking that question make you feel superior?

You know, this board has alot of great information and alot of great members but it also has some better than you attitudes that I can really do without. Some of you do alot of judging.

I may not know EVERYTHING there is to know about dealing because I have only had my FFL for 3 months but I am learning and God forbid I ask a ****ing question.

I do IT for a living, not guns. Give me a break.
Man, just a honest question. No need to go postal.