Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-17-2012, 13:19   #1
I like black

New Frontier Poly Lower with a RRA 9mm upper idea\\\\\\\\s and feedback...

This new lower:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/New_...fa-lw15blk.htm

and this

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XSTSM9B001

With this new upper:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=274195010

And voila' you have a nice inexpensive 9mm carbine

I was looking at the torture testing videos and the lower looks pretty stong, watch them and check it out.

Thinking it would be a nice plinker and night time coyote hunter.

ILB

Last edited by I like black; 02-19-2012 at 02:11..
I like black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:45   #2
I like black

I found a bunch of interesting info here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/10...mm_AR_FAQ.html

ILB
Old 02-19-2012, 13:19   #3
Singlestack Wonder

I do not a recommend a polymer or composite lower (or upper). There is a reason these were never embraced by the top tier manufacturers. Professional Ordnance was the first to offer these and there were many problems. Professional Ordnance was then purchased by Bushmaster and again there were problems.

Buy quality aluminum alloy uppers and lowers.
Old 02-19-2012, 13:25   #4
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

I don't think you will like the 9mm AR. Quite honestly it is fun for a couple of days and then it gets old fast ... especially one that is not SBR'd.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 13:34   #5
esh325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
I do not a recommend a polymer or composite lower (or upper). There is a reason these were never embraced by the top tier manufacturers. Professional Ordnance was the first to offer these and there were many problems. Professional Ordnance was then purchased by Bushmaster and again there were problems.

Buy quality aluminum alloy uppers and lowers.
A person's or companies failure to apply a concept does not mean it's a inherently flawed concept. Every new concept fails hundreds, if not thousands of times by multiple people before it matures into something successful. And just because it's not being used by "top tier manufacturers" does not mean it's an inherently flawed idea. As far as the new frontier armory lower, only time will tell if it's successful or a failure. One criticism I have of the new frontier armory is that they didn't make the pistol grip and buttstock one piece. Making it one piece does limit pistol grip and stock options, but a 1 piece design is always going to be stronger.

Last edited by esh325; 02-19-2012 at 13:43..
esh325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 19:22   #6
MarkCO
CLM Number 245
Charter Lifetime Member

esh325, Agree totally. The Cavalry Arms one piece lowers were very good. All of the polymer lowers that had mil-spec configuratuons with a separate lower have ahd problems.

To the OP, agree with Javelin. SBR 9mms have some merit, full sized not as much. You are going to have $900 in the gun by the time you get a magazine or two. You can easily get an AR upper with a larger diameter slug if that is your goal, that is much more useful with more downrange energy and a cheap aluminum lower and still be under what you linked there.

If you want a plinker, get a .22 RF upper.
.40 S&W Club #1, 1911 Club #1067
NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
www.CarbonArms.us
MarkCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:23   #7
I like black

Thanks for the replies and the input.

as far as the New Frontier lowers go you have to admit the torture test videos were pretty impressive IMO.

Combine that with the $100 price, free shipping and the lifetime warranty you have a pretty decent deal.

Considering that if a person has other Ar,s and a 9mm sidearm then it's plausible that a 9mm AR would be nice to have around.

Regarding .22's ? Meh I have plenty of those and a 9mm is lot's more bang for the buck.

I like having a carbine to match the sidearm caliber, .40, .357, .22 and now 9mm, it just happens...

I do see the merit of a Lone Wolf lower that takes Glock mags since then it would mean I would have to pick up a G19 or at the very least convert my G23...

ILB

Tags
9mm carbine rifle, new frontier poly lower