Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:46   #1
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Mayor, Sheriff Speak Out on Police Chief Arrested on Drug Charge

Mayor, Sheriff Speak Out on Police Chief Arrested on Drug Charge

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/139393658.html

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 17:10   #2
Patchman
Florist

The article noted that the arrested Chief volunteered to get drug tested every three to four months for three years -- and the tests always came up negative.

Huh? OK, so at least he wasn't stupid enough to use drugs himself.

But he is another cop who forgot the three deadly B's: Booze. $Bucks$. Broads.

In a gunfight, even if you do everything right, you can still get killed.
Patchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:52   #3
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

What a turd.
"No amount of indoctrination or textbook learning will in themselves develop more than efficient mediocrity. Operations should be handled with a combination of force, subtlety, shrewdness, guile, and knowledge born of actual experience." - DF
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:16   #4
TBO
CLM Number 122
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
What a turd.
...that needs flushing.

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters".

"A person who won't reason has no advantage over one who can't reason."

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."

“Ignorance is a lot like alcohol: the more you have of it, the less you are able to see its effect on you.”

Originally Posted by Rooster Rugburn:
Didn't the whole sheepdog thing actually start right here on Glock Talk? A bunch of wannabees bought a bunch of T-shirts and took an oath to defend those who won't defend themselves?
TBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:19   #5
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <

They speak out against him now..
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:47   #6
steveksux
Massive Member

I'm assuming this is small agency? Seeing as how they appointed the part time volunteer police officer as interim chief.

They should give him a 200% salary increase like they gave the Chief. Should be easy to fit into the budget... seeing as how he's a volunteer... Hell, give him 1000% raise!

You gotta wonder what the heck he was thinking, first of all having a GF that's addicted to drugs, bad enough. But don't know the details, maybe was ok, had surgery for something, became addicted from that, maybe can be understood for sticking by her if he was trying to get her off them.

But allowing her to make buys in his house...

That's not trying to get her off them.

Randy

Last edited by steveksux; 02-19-2012 at 10:50..
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 14:37   #7
MeefZah
Cover is Code 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveksux View Post
You gotta wonder what the heck he was thinking, first of all having a GF that's addicted to drugs, bad enough. But don't know the details, maybe was ok, had surgery for something, became addicted from that, maybe can be understood for sticking by her if he was trying to get her off them
That area of Ohio has significant problems with RX drug abuse; hell most of "Appalachian Ohio", portions south and east as you near the Ohio River, have major RX drug problems. The area I work in reminds me of the Harlan KY depicted on Justified... It really doesn't surprise me (sadly) to hear about a cop, or other person of some prominence, being an addict or selling / buying drugs.

Most of the smaller towns in that area have stand alone PDs but they are maybe 1-2 full time guys, some auxilary, and some part timers. Most of those places aren't 24/7 operations, no way Buchtel is a full service dept. By virtue of their size you are not getting a thoroughly vetted officers; you are hiring based on who knows who and the hell with much of a background check. As another example, Somerset, a town of about 1500 in Perry County a bit northwest of Buchtel, had an auxilary get popped for dealing last year.

I'm also curious about the piss tests this guy took. That's not a normal or random thing, they must have had some suspicion that he was into drugs. I understand he offered to take them, but that alone raises red flags for me. Kind of the "I'm telling the truth, I'll take a poly" line the d-bags use.
"No amount of indoctrination or textbook learning will in themselves develop more than efficient mediocrity. Operations should be handled with a combination of force, subtlety, shrewdness, guile, and knowledge born of actual experience." - DF
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 14:45   #8
steveksux
Massive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
That area of Ohio has significant problems with RX drug abuse; hell most of "Appalachian Ohio", portions south and east as you near the Ohio River, have major RX drug problems. The area I work in reminds me of the Harlan KY depicted on Justified... It really doesn't surprise me (sadly) to hear about a cop, or other person of some prominence, being an addict or selling / buying drugs.

Most of the smaller towns in that area have stand alone PDs but they are maybe 1-2 full time guys, some auxilary, and some part timers. Most of those places aren't 24/7 operations, no way Buchtel is a full service dept. By virtue of their size you are not getting a thoroughly vetted officers; you are hiring based on who knows who and the hell with much of a background check. As another example, Somerset, a town of about 1500 in Perry County a bit northwest of Buchtel, had an auxilary get popped for dealing last year.

I'm also curious about the piss tests this guy took. That's not a normal or random thing, they must have had some suspicion that he was into drugs. I understand he offered to take them, but that alone raises red flags for me. Kind of the "I'm telling the truth, I'll take a poly" line the d-bags use.
Yeah, that "offered to take drug tests" line caught my attention too. How does that come up in a conversation about hiring you to be Chief of Police... Why in the world would he feel the need to volunteer to do that... there had to be some question of him using drugs for him to feel the need to prove he wasn't.

Randy
steveksux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 17:29   #9
Sam Spade
Lifetime Membership

Anyone (else) read that part about the girlfriend and think "dancer"?
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle
Sam Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 17:58   #10
GumbyDammit
Xtra CoCheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Anyone (else) read that part about the girlfriend and think "dancer"?
Ding ding ding!!!
The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu... THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.
GumbyDammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 18:13   #11
mattallamerican

not to much difference between cops and crooks the cops are just legally allowed to steal money
mattallamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 18:25   #12
AA#5

Obviously another case of PTSD.
AA#5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 18:40   #13
razdog76
Heavy Mettle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattallamerican View Post
not to much difference between cops and crooks the cops are just legally allowed to steal money
Not too much difference between trolls and mopes either, just saying.
razdog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:31   #14
Detectorist

Quote:
Not too much difference between cops and crooks. The cops are just legally allowed to steal money.
You would have failed my English class. I fixed your statement for you. Posting on here while high is not a good idea.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place”. George Bernard Shaw
Detectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:45   #15
lawman800
Juris Glocktor

Quote:
Really? I didn't know I was allowed to steal my salary after working for it... that's about all the money I ever saw on the job, and it was in a check, not even in cash!
lawman800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:03   #16
RussP

Quote:
There's a rule here in Cop Talk. Yeah, this guy, Eric (perhaps you've heard of him?), he made this rule that if all you want to do is to ***** about cops, well, I'll let you read the abbreviated version in his words...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Folks, I did not create this forum to give people a place to ***** about cops, or to question the morality or legality of their practices. You might have a burning need to do so, but this is not the place for it.

I created this forum as a place for cops to talk shop and for non-cops to be able to interact with cops and hopefully create some common ground. If you do not like cops, or you are pissed because you got a ticket, or you want to know how to beat the ticket, or you don't like no-knock warrants or DUI checkpoints, do not post about it here. Period.

If you want to discuss legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies, do it in GT's Civil Liberties forum. That is what it was created for.

Once again and for the record, I and my site are big fans of LEO's and we support them. You do not have to like them yourself, but you do have to treat them respectfully if you want to post on my site.

Eric
Now, you're probably asking, "Why is my post any different than the others?"

First, your posting history (yes, people do go read what you've posted before) indicates you are not a supporting fan of law enforcement. Hey, no problem. I've met some people wearing the badge that I didn't get along with either, BUT, they are not truly representative of the rest of the cops I know. You, I believe you hold up people in LE like the guy in this story as a shining example of everyone with a badge.

Second, and this goes back to what Eric said, your comment was not specific to this case. You're just *****ing about "legal/ethical issues of police practices." You need to start a thread in Civil Liberties Issues if you want to discuss corruption in LE in broad, general terms.

Last, when you post like you did, without any history as to why you believe what you post, you know, personal experiences and first person knowledge, well, the guys and gals here think you're just trolling. Info in your profile on another board says you're in your mid-fifties. Have you had personal experiences in your 50+ years with the topic of the thread?

Hope this helps you understand the responses you're getting.

Oh, and if all you're doing is trying to do is piss off some cops, please don't.

Thank you...

Edited to add, yes, cops posting in Cop Talk can broaden the scope of discussion if they so choose. Once the topic is expanded, relevant, on-topic contributions are welcomed.

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921

Last edited by RussP; 02-21-2012 at 10:44..
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote