Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 16:50   #1
glockin-45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Buds Guns & Wilson Combat. Anyone?

Was wondering if anyone has ever orderd a WC or any other 1911 from Buds? They never have any in stock,
( to exspensive?) wonder if they can get what you want faster than say ordering one yourself? This isn't a good or bad on Buds, am just wondering. Anyone know? Or where would the best place to get a WC from?
glockin-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 17:09   #2
spork
Caffeinator
 
spork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dystopia
Posts: 1,585
They get them in somewhat regularly. I have seen several in their inventory recently (they usually last about a day).

I bought my last two Baers and my Nighthawk from them by just watching the inventory on a regular basis.
__________________
Instead of building newer and larger weapons of mass destruction, I think mankind should try to get more use out of the ones we have.
spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 17:14   #3
20South
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: East of CBUS
Posts: 2,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockin-45 View Post
Was wondering if anyone has ever orderd a WC or any other 1911 from Buds? They never have any in stock,
( to exspensive?) wonder if they can get what you want faster than say ordering one yourself? This isn't a good or bad on Buds, am just wondering. Anyone know? Or where would the best place to get a WC from?
With their backlog, it's going to be long waiting to go the order it myself route. you basically have to be very diligent in checking those places. George at gunslingers has a staggered order of them in popular configs. He posts them when they come in and they are generally gone in a day or so (if that). You can try contacting any of them to see what they have on order and if you can place a deposit. top gun supply, Vance's (Columbus Ohio), buds, migunslingers, jet guns, (rumors abound that cj may too be getting into the Wilson game) and of course gunbroker. good luck.
__________________
"You should never under estimate the predictability of stupidity" - Bullet Tooth Tony
20South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 17:16   #4
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,399


Boise Gun Company has several Wilsons and Nighthawks in their inventory. I don't know which particular models because those types of guns don't interest me. Give Boise Gun Company a call and see.
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 18:57   #5
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Why would you buy a gun as expensive as a Wilson without having it made to your exact specs? I'd rather wait and get exactly what i wanted for that kind of money.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 19:09   #6
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides
 
faawrenchbndr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: east of East St. Louis
Posts: 33,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Why would you buy a gun as expensive as a Wilson without having it made to your exact specs? I'd rather wait and get exactly what i wanted for that kind of money.


I agree,.......
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 20:08   #7
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
I agree,.......
I agree a well. Just order my third Wilson and although it is a 10 month wait I would prefer to wait for "my" build.

I did buy a Wilson "pre made" (Compact CQB) and it is a great 1911 but heck just order it and wait it out, 10 months was what I was told to expect to wait Nothing like ordering your exact specs!
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 20:48   #8
glockin-45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
Thats true, on build your own. Although Gunslingers has had some nice ones, like you say, they don't last long.
glockin-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:43   #9
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,399


Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Why would you buy a gun as expensive as a Wilson without having it made to your exact specs? I'd rather wait and get exactly what i wanted for that kind of money.
Because some people don't want to wait?

Because a Wilson is a Wilson is a Wilson?

Because a Smith&Alexander mag well funnel isn't all that different from a Wilson mag well funnel?

Because an EGW trigger doesn't make the gun shoot any better than a Wilson trigger?

Because the difference between 25-LPI checkering and 20-LPI checkering don't really amount to a hill of beans?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 18:33   #10
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Because a Wilson is a Wilson is a Wilson?
Yeah, I forgot. They only make one model and offer no options whatsoever.
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 18:34   #11
glock2740
Gun lover.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NW Ark.
Posts: 18,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
Boise Gun Company has several Wilsons and Nighthawks in their inventory. I don't know which particular models because those types of guns don't interest me. Give Boise Gun Company a call and see.
It doesn't matter what model they have, because they are all the exact same. Remember?
glock2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 19:48   #12
GVFlyer
Senior Member
 
GVFlyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Somewhere in the air.
Posts: 7,119
Bud's had a CQB exactly as I wanted it, color, safety, grips and all - so I bought it - at an exceptional price.
__________________
The Truth Only Hurts If It Should.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
GVFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:15   #13
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,399


Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
It doesn't matter what model they have, because they are all the exact same. Remember?
So, a Wilson Combat Elite is of lesser quality, less reliability than a Wilson Tactical Elite?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:16   #14
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,399


Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Yeah, I forgot. They only make one model and offer no options whatsoever.
Yeah, I forgot. Some of those el cheapo Wilson models just aren't all up in the quality department, right?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 15:27   #15
sns3guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,868
Quote:
Some of those el cheapo Wilson models just aren't all up in the quality department, right?
Irrelevant. You missed the point entirely.

If one is spending that much on a firearm, then get what one wants. Off the shelf is fine, but I certainly wouldn't spend that much money unless I was getting exactly what I wanted.

Nobody, save you, said a word about quality.
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 20:49   #16
fnfalman
Chicks Dig It
 
fnfalman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: California & New Mexico, US
Posts: 56,399


Quote:
Originally Posted by sns3guppy View Post
Irrelevant. You missed the point entirely.

If one is spending that much on a firearm, then get what one wants. Off the shelf is fine, but I certainly wouldn't spend that much money unless I was getting exactly what I wanted.

Nobody, save you, said a word about quality.
No, I didn't.

Some people would be just as satisfied getting a Wilson from a gun shop as getting a Wilson directly from Wilson.

So, you telling me that a Wilson Professional (or whatever model) bought from a shop pre-made by Wilson is somehow different from a Wilson Professional that you call up and order directly from Wilson?

Also, it may be important to you to specify a 25-LPI (or whatever) checkering versus the standard checkering on a pre-made Wilson. But it may not be important for others.

I hope that's simple enough for you to understand.

A Wilson is a Wilson is a Wilson. Whatever the model is, however it is ordered, it's still a quality piece...unless you care to dispute my claim?
__________________
Can you dig it?
fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 20:51   #17
glockin-45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 740
I've seen quite a few that were to my liking, and if i had had the money before they had sold, i would have one.
glockin-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 21:53   #18
Ruggles
Senior Member
 
Ruggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tejas
Posts: 9,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
No, I didn't.

Some people would be just as satisfied getting a Wilson from a gun shop as getting a Wilson directly from Wilson.

So, you telling me that a Wilson Professional (or whatever model) bought from a shop pre-made by Wilson is somehow different from a Wilson Professional that you call up and order directly from Wilson?

Also, it may be important to you to specify a 25-LPI (or whatever) checkering versus the standard checkering on a pre-made Wilson. But it may not be important for others.

I hope that's simple enough for you to understand.

A Wilson is a Wilson is a Wilson. Whatever the model is, however it is ordered, it's still a quality piece...unless you care to dispute my claim?
No different than buying a car. Pick the options you want, same car just different options.

I had gold dot front sights put on my last Wilson order, I liked them on my other Wilson so I wanted them on this one. Had I bought a Wilson on Buds or wherever off the shelf it may not have had the gold dot front sight. This way I get the sight I want.

Same gun was ordered with a short solid trigger, find a Wilson on the shelf with one of those. I ordered the extreme dehorn for carry as well, again find a Wilson off the shelf with that option. I had the slide with grey armor tuff because I wanted too, find that off the shelf. Now try and find all of the above in a single gun off the shelf, in .38 Super no less.

Nothing to do with quality, just options on the build.
Ruggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 21:50   #19
Glock_en_speil
Senior Member
 
Glock_en_speil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2740 View Post
Why would you buy a gun as expensive as a Wilson without having it made to your exact specs? I'd rather wait and get exactly what i wanted for that kind of money.

That's the way I felt. I have been currently waiting 4 months into my CQB build and I expect it will be 12+ months before I see it. I do feel it will be worth the wait.
__________________
I love the smell of Hoppe's #9 in the morning.
Glock_en_speil is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 19:58.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,355
390 Members
965 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31